The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

His distribution is getting a lot better too. There was a time when he got the ball all he did was launch it at Boydies head.
Agree, his maurading runs forward with the ball at his feet, always looking for an outlet was probably his best game in a Killie shirt.

His cross from the byline which evaded Brophy by inches just before halftime.

The cross which he back headed to stop Martin powering a header in at the back post.

The tackle on Morelos inside the 6 yard line to stop a certain goal.

His knockdown from Dicker's header on the 18yrd line into Mulumbu path just seconds before Boyd scored.

Not to mention the bread n butter headers he won when they went route one after our goal.

He's been good since SC arrived but on Saturday I thought he was outstanding.

With Kilmarnock the form team in Scotland just now, how do killie fans feel about the exclusion of Kilmarnock players in the national squad for the upcoming friendly's, I understand the ommitence of Boyd given he feels it's time to blood youngsters, but I have always been of the opinion that the national manager should always select the in form players available, if Boyd was still playing for sevco I would be 99% certain he would have been recalled to the national setup.

54 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

With Kilmarnock the form team in Scotland just now, how do killie fans feel about the exclusion of Kilmarnock players in the national squad for the upcoming friendly's, I understand the ommitence of Boyd given he feels it's time to blood youngsters, but I have always been of the opinion that the national manager should always select the in form players available, if Boyd was still playing for sevco I would be 99% certain he would have been recalled to the national setup.

Realistically, it's only SOD that would qualify and certainly merits a call up, MacDonald qualifies too wouldn't be the worst choice of keeper for the squad.  

Most of the rest of our Scots are youngsters and three of them have been called up to the under 21's so can't really complain. 

We also have 3 other players called up for other nations so being the in-form team clearly is paying off. 

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

I  agree that you should pick the players in form but I don't think we have anyone in our squad who merit being called up the National Squad.  SOD has come on a mile from his early season performances but is nowhere near International level IMO. 

I am also happy Boyd hasn't been picked and TBH on a point of principle I wouldn't pick someone who walked out on Scotland years ago.  It should also be better for us that he gets a break and a rest rather than play in 2 meaningless games.   Give the untried players a chance t see what they can do. 

It is good that we have 3 players included in the under 21s squad, especially Taylor and Brophy, both of whom have been outstanding since the winter break. 

14 hours ago, dumpweed said:

I think if you asked any Killie fan you would be told that everybody has been great (bar Erwin and Tshibola). Erwin has been on fire in training and Tshibola isn't fit so a bit unfair on both of them.

Brophy is just such an excellent worker. Was he known for this at accies?

He is a greedy wee shit who will shoot on sight but the be fair, almost every shot he has is on target. 

Eh? Erwin has been tremendous in recent weeks.

Tsh was really good on Saturday too.

O’Donnell and McDonald defo should have been a serious shot for the squad! I’d also argue Boyd should be a shout, but with it only being friendlies this time out, I’d reckon that he would benefit from the rest

4 hours ago, happyaccie said:

Our two best players in terms of ability are Jones and Mulumbu, both of whom have been called up to their own national squads.

In terms of Scottish players, Boyd's form would be good enough, but his age counts against him.  If he's still in this sort of form come the Nations League games, you'd be daft to not have him as an option, but it's fine to see the younger guys given a shot, since it's a position we really need to sort out long-term.

MacDonald has been very good this year, probably every bit as good as McLaughlin at Hearts, but at his age it's hardly an outrage he's not in there.

O'Donnell has been tremendous over the last few months, but prior to that he had been struggling, both at Killie and before that down in England.  He's our most realistic call up for now - if he continues to impress until the end of the season he may have a look-in ahead for the end of season tour.

Broadfoot has been excellent for months, but his age counts against him too, particularly when McLeish has been trying to pick some younger guys in that position.  Findlay has also been good of late, but it's far to early for him, and the young centre-backs who have been included in the squad are better than him right now.

Taylor is on a hiding to nothing given the position he plays in, but is deservedly in the U21 squad.  Brophy hasn't done enough to merit a full call-up yet, but also fully deserves an U21 spot.

Our two best players in terms of ability are Jones and Mulumbu, both of whom have been called up to their own national squads.
In terms of Scottish players, Boyd's form would be good enough, but his age counts against him.  If he's still in this sort of form come the Nations League games, you'd be daft to not have him as an option, but it's fine to see the younger guys given a shot, since it's a position we really need to sort out long-term.
MacDonald has been very good this year, probably every bit as good as McLaughlin at Hearts, but at his age it's hardly an outrage he's not in there.
O'Donnell has been tremendous over the last few months, but prior to that he had been struggling, both at Killie and before that down in England.  He's our most realistic call up for now - if he continues to impress until the end of the season he may have a look-in ahead for the end of season tour.
Broadfoot has been excellent for months, but his age counts against him too, particularly when McLeish has been trying to pick some younger guys in that position.  Findlay has also been good of late, but it's far to early for him, and the young centre-backs who have been included in the squad are better than him right now.
Taylor is on a hiding to nothing given the position he plays in, but is deservedly in the U21 squad.  Brophy hasn't done enough to merit a full call-up yet, but also fully deserves an U21 spot.
Kris Boyd: Kilmarnock striker says his 'Scotland days are gone' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43469559

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

When I raised this my own thoughts were McDonald in the absence of  Craig Gordon should at least have been included in the squad, for him to be excluded is an indication that McLeish will be blinkered in where he selects his squads from, wearing blue and white stripes, claret & amber or red and white hoops excludes you from a call up regardless of the talent the players wearing these strips have.

1 hour ago, happyaccie said:

When I raised this my own thoughts were McDonald in the absence of  Craig Gordon should at least have been included in the squad, for him to be excluded is an indication that McLeish will be blinkered in where he selects his squads from, wearing blue and white stripes, claret & amber or red and white hoops excludes you from a call up regardless of the talent the players wearing these strips have.

Don't think Dougie Imrie is good enough TBH.

53 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't think Dougie Imrie is good enough TBH.

Another tedious and unsuccessful attempt to be funny dindy, try sticking to doing constructive posts, that's when your a reasonable poster, trying to be humorous when you're incapable shows you in a bad light.

13 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Another tedious and unsuccessful attempt to be funny dindy, try sticking to doing constructive posts, that's when your a reasonable poster, trying to be humorous when you're incapable shows you in a bad light.

^^^Raging that my team humped his team on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

^^^Raging that my team humped his team on Saturday.

Your team might have drawn with my team on Saturday if you have converted to being a Ross county fan dindy, can't you deal with Kilmarnock being on a winning run and switched allegiance to a team representative of kilmarnock in the first 8 games of the season ?

26 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Aaaand normal service is resumed.

Your team might have drawn with my team on Saturday if you have converted to being a Ross county fan dindy, can't you deal with Kilmarnock being on a winning run and switched allegiance to a team representative of kilmarnock in the first 8 games of the season ?

IMG_1521573994.134729.jpg