The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

For god sake don’t watch “ Aaron Tshibola hits new low at MK Dons” 
lets hope SSC  knows how to handle the wee scamp 
on the flip side, there are a few Villa fans, posting on both twitter & Killie kickback, who reckon Tshibola will do just fine up here. SSC knows him well & should be able to get the best out of him.

Kilmarnock Football Club is pleased to announce Jack Paterson has returned to sign a new deal at Rugby Park until the summer of 2019.

The 17-year-old Killie fan is back in Scotland after a brief spell living in Qatar, during which he kept fit by training with Al-Gharafa U23s.

Jack, who joined Killie at the age of nine, became the first player from the SFA's seven regional schools to make a Premiership matchday squad against Celtic in October 2016.

A product of Kilmarnock's player pathway, Jack is delighted to get the chance to realise his boyhood dream.

He told the club's official website: "I'm excited to come back after a few months in Qatar and I can't wait to get started.

"I've always supported Kilmarnock and I’ve been desperate to play for the club. As a midfielder I've always looked up to 
Liam Kelly and Craig Bryson and seeing players come through the youth system motivates me to work hard to achieve good things here.

"You can see the club is on the up with Steve Clarke and it is something I want to be a part of."

Jack will train with Andy Millen's U20s squad with the ambition of pulling on the blue and white stripes in the near future.

He added: "I want to cement my place in the U20s side and then push on to the first team because that's where everyone wants to be so I need to hope that the manager sees something in me."

There are times when you know you're getting old - and when aspiring midfielders reference their historic role models as Liam Kelly and Craig Bryson, that is undoubtedly one of them.

It's only five minutes ago those boys were making their debuts!!!  Kilmarnock can't possibly have a player born post-millennium, he should still be in fucking nappies - stop all this nonsense!!! 

Aaron Tshibola confirmed as signed on loan by the club until the summer.

1st interview with Tish is below....

'What do you know about Kilmarnock?'

Why not just say - "I like what I've seen already and I'm looking forward to learning the rest..." or words to that effect. We're not Celtic, we don't need to be patronized by faux historic affection. He'll grow to love us I'm sure. #big4

Looks like McKenzie is staying with you lot until at least the Summer. Any deal for him described as "fading" and a "long shot" from our end. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Looks like McKenzie is staying with you lot until at least the Summer. Any deal for him described as "fading" and a "long shot" from our end. 

The offer from St J was weighted far too heavily in their favour. Nothing in it for killie to let him go now.

I'd expect him to sign a pre contract.

8 hours ago, Fide said:

That's a shame.  He started off strong with us, but faded away badly.

Motherwell and QOTS fans did say this would happen.  You also have to consider that anyone who looked like they had ever kicked a ball before would have shined back in August/September for us.

Billy Bowie admits he could never have envisaged the impact Steve Clarke would make when he joined Kilmarnock.

But the club’s majority shareholder has praised the manager for bringing the “feelgood factor” to Rugby Park following a stunning start to life back in Ayrshire.

Killie suffered just their third loss under Clarke against Aberdeen at the weekend.

But Bowie, who joined the board at Rugby Park in 2013, says Clarke has been the best manager in the dug-out since he decided to plough cash into the club’s coffers.

The Kilmarnock director said: “There’s a good feeling about the place, that’s for sure.

“There is no negativity and everyone is pulling in the same direction.

“When we appointed Steve we could never have imagined he’d make this sort of impact so quickly.

“The feelgood factor is back at the club and it’s certainly the best managerial appointment in my time at Kilmarnock.”

Clarke has yet to complete significant business in the January transfer window as he largely sticks with the squad he inherited from Lee McCulloch, with the added presence of star midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu.

But the boss may look to re-shape his squad this summer in a bid to have them firing even more in the Scottish Premiership.

And Bowie insists the manager will be backed by the board to make any changes necessary.

He said: “You’ve got to back your manager and we will do that with Steve, like we have with all of the managers we have had in the past.

“Steve is happy at Kilmarnock and we want to keep him here for as long as possible. Obviously you can’t control what happens in football but we’re confident he’s happy to stay.”

Attendances have steadily improved since the club’s up-turn in form as punters make their way back to Rugby Park.

Bowie is confident as the spring months approach even more fans will return to back their favourites.

He added: “I think you will see the attendances go up at Rugby Park, especially when the weather starts to get a bit better.

“They have been increasing slightly and to get 3,500 at the Scottish Cup game with Ross County was a good turnout.”

(Record)