The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

22 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Had a guy at work, say Jones is desperate to sign for Rangers. Plays for Northern Ireland so automatically been a rangers fan all his life. Not as if he's from Middlesbrough. Deluded.

I had similar.  Not to mention a Rangers fan in my work who is convinced Sir Steve is heading there at the end of the season.  Bams.

4 hours ago, Silvio said:

Some of the chat from Rangers fans on Twitter is tremendous. 

"how can you want £1m for him when you don't pay him as such" 

LOL, whit.

When as the players current wages ever set the transfer value?? 

That's exactly how it works. I heard that guy Lookman was on about 50k a month a Charlton before Everton signed him. True story.

Any of you lot heard any more about Rory McKenzie to us?

We're apparently "close" to signing a "winger" on a PCA with a chance of bringing them in January, and our best unoffical twitter account is asking Killie fans their opinion of him.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're apparently "close" to signing a "winger" on a PCA with a chance of bringing them in January, and our best unoffical twitter account is asking Killie fans their opinion of him.

Works very hard and does a lot more dirty work than he probably should. Ultimately not a good attacker or midfielder and a very poor winger.

Dime a dozen is the phrase that springs to mind.

It's a shame as we all love a trier

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He sums up the "Meh Derby" rivalry perfectly.  He is a meh player.  I'm not his biggest fan though to be fair.  Some people think he puts the effort in which I disagree with.  I think he hides.

In fact, in my opinion, I would call him our David Wotherspoon.  Not sure if that is positive or negative for you.

5 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

In fact, in my opinion, I would call him our David Wotherspoon.  Not sure if that is positive or negative for you.

Its both, if that makes sense. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its both, if that makes sense. 

Yes it does.  Rory has been in and around our squad for around 5 years and was probably a first team pick for the last 2 and a half years.  However the last 5 years have been the worst we've suffered in a long time.  I'm not blaming that on him but it probably says a lot about the quality of our various squads and the fact he was one of the few consistent starters throughout that really bad period in our history (not claiming the bad period is over yet but it looks promising).

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've not heard anything more about it since it was brought up here a while ago but that sounds like the pieces do go together there. Best of luck to Rory if he does go - one thing that I noticed under the previous few managers we had though is that when he's good he's good but when he's not on form you're as well only having ten men on the park.

I've not heard anything more about it since it was brought up here a while ago but that sounds like the pieces do go together there. Best of luck to Rory if he does go - one thing that I noticed under the previous few managers we had though is that when he's good he's good but when he's not on form you're as well only having ten men on the park.

This.

Apologies if I've missed this but I saw an article on the BBC website nothing that Ian McCall was criticising Kilmarnock for refusing a £300,000 offer for JJ from Rangers. McCall doesn't seem to think he is worth that much money. McCall then goes on to say that he has only seen him play once completely undermining his opinion on the guy yet no one seems to have challenged him on this.

Apologies if I've missed this but I saw an article on the BBC website nothing that Ian McCall was criticising Kilmarnock for refusing a £300,000 offer for JJ from Rangers. McCall doesn't seem to think he is worth that much money. McCall then goes on to say that he has only seen him play once completely undermining his opinion on the guy yet no one seems to have challenged him on this.
He saw him in the Betfred cup game when no Killie players turned up that night. I'd take his comment with a pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It screams of "look at me look at me I can be relevant too look at me I'm saying something edgy".  You could probably get change from £300,000 for his entire first team!

Trying to ride on the coat-tails for the #SteveClarkeEffect isn't a good look, Ian. 

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Aye, I saw that. Since you can apparently base the value of players on one performance, I wonder if he'd like his squad valued on their recent 3-2 defeat to bottom of the first division Forfar?

Here's the article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42707252

"I think they were well off the mark - I'd pay £150,000 for him,"

"He can run, he's got pace. I've seen him in one game against us.

"He was their main threat, but he didn't really do anything - there was no end product.

"He's got pace, he plays out wide. But, for me, paying £350,000 is a lot in Scottish football."

:lol: