The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Clark gets another shot at trying to make something of himself in England, Killie get a bit of cash for a manager that wasn't indispensable- win win.

Have Sportsound or the Daily Record linked Barry Ferguson with the job yet?

Edited by Compliment Sandwich

Clark gets another shot at trying to make something of himself in England, Killie get a bit of cash for a manager that wasn't indispensable- win win.

Agreed.

I said a few days ago that I think Clark has done an excellent job, and I stand by that, but I'm not shedding any tears. It's a no brainer for everyone really.

I'd give the job to McCulloch short term and possibly McCulloch/Boyd long term. No doubt this will get many laptop/monster munch responses but if Boyd is going to try out management anywhere I'd be happy for it to be with us.

I said when McCulloch got the temporary gig after Locke that I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as our manager and I still feel the same. He strikes me as a determined guy, who'd have the team well organised and fit. Not sure Boyd should be considered, given his ludicrous comments regarding Ian Cathro and supposed "modern methods". I was always on the fence really where Clark was concerned, neither a big fan nor against his appointment. Initially I was happy enough that he was trying to update the squad, then quietly skeptical about his tactics and recruitment policy. I'm neither up nor down that he's away, but happy enough to get a few quid for him.

From the outside I'd agree with that. It looks to me like he has done a reasonable job all things considered and he was always going to go back to England sooner or later. McCulloch/Boyd has got to worth a shot given there are no obvious alternatives other than Duffy now that Yogi is tied up. Not that you would want him but I think Ian McCall has a bigger job left in him.

I like Lee and felt we were building something. Sad to see him leave but not gutted like I was with Williamson, Mixu or King Kenny. I think McCulloch should get the job. Done well in his few games as interim last year. Only problem is last year he didn't want it on a full time basis. If that's still the case I'm sure Luis Enrique could be available in a couple of weeks [emoji108]????

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

From the outside I'd agree with that. It looks to me like he has done a reasonable job all things considered and he was always going to go back to England sooner or later. McCulloch/Boyd has got to worth a shot given there are no obvious alternatives other than Duffy now that Yogi is tied up. Not that you would want him but I think Ian McCall has a bigger job left in him.

Steven Pressley?

Alan Stubbs?

Edited by Bishop Briggs

The Killie Facebook fan group is always a cringefest, but today it's gone into halfwitted cringey overdrive. Reams of posts from numpties stating "heartbroken", "delighted", or naming dozens of random people as possible new coaches, and almost all seemingly typed with their elbows.

Ducking Bury? We really are at a low as a league at the moment.

Is it any worse than when Lomas left us, when we'd just finished 3rd, for a dreadful Millwall who were clear relegation favourites, and who despised him due to his west ham past?

Much like Lomas I think Clark was always going to leave the first time an English club approached him, regardless of their situation. Also, like Lomas, I think short term they done well due to a fresh approach to the league, but long term, their desire to make constant changes would work against them.

The Killie Facebook fan group is always a cringefest, but today it's gone into halfwitted cringey overdrive. Reams of posts from numpties stating "heartbroken", "delighted", or naming dozens of random people as possible new coaches, and almost all seemingly typed with their elbows.

That page, and Kickback, are rammed full of bottom feeders. Most of them haven't been back since jj and have no frame of reference aside from what they read on forums.

To paraphrase a famous Jedi, they're a hive of scum and villainy.

Is it any worse than when Lomas left us, when we'd just finished 3rd, for a dreadful Millwall who were clear relegation favourites, and who despised him due to his West Ham.

Millwall at least have a chance at progression if they get their shit together. Bury's average attendance is slightly lower than Kilmarnock's so they're unlikely to get higher than the league they're in.

Millwall at least have a chance at progression if they get their shit together. Bury's average attendance is slightly lower than Kilmarnock's so they're unlikely to get higher than the league they're in.

Millwall, at that time, were a basket case. And the fans were holding up banners protesting against him before he'd even joined them.

Hi, first time poster, I'm Canadian and a bit of a nerd for Scottish Football and love keeping an eye on teams who have young Scottish talent and I have to say that Kilmarnock have confused the crap out of me these last year or so.  They have signed so many players while also developing some good young talent such as Greg Taylor and Greg Kiltie.  Whoever takes over from Lee Clark will have a big task of cleaning up the recruitment plan, and clearing out some of the old guard.  If the Scotland team are going to really progress then the SPL needs a whole fleet of managers who give youngsters a chance.

Stick to ice hockey and maple syrup, but mostly maple syrup