The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

Just because you're an alky doesn't make you a bad man.

Seriously though, I get what you're saying, hence the wee smilie.

Are they not ex alkis though?

Emoticons are too subtle for me lol

I am semi serious tbh because there have been some great drinkers who have accomplished great things in all walks of life . But these are few and far between .

My point is why take the risk . In my experience when the chips are down and nothing they're doing is working they either resort to type , or quit.

AJ ,AT and GL haven't exactly covered themselves in glory in management roles at the top level , where the pressure is greatest . And for an ex alcoholic to take on such a role without adequate back up and an understanding board risks a relapse . Does KFC at the moment fit both these criteria ?

None of these people have exactly 'accomplished great things', far from it, and I agree, 'why take the risk'.

AJ and GL were just useless a managing, full stop. AT I wouldn't want near the club as I'm happy with the present incumbent.

However, I'm all for improving the state of our club and if it means hiring an 'ex alki' who knows what he is doing, then so be it.....the word 'ex' being very important.

Take your point though.

^^^ never made a false accusation in his life

AA meetings are anonymised as you may or not may know

In the spirit of your pseudo journalistic principles I have proof positive but can't/won't reveal them suck it up

So, no?

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Through work commitments down there I saw Coventry many times this season and if Lee Clark manages to bring in Adam Armstrong on loan you will have one quality player. I have no doubt he will score goals up here and I'm actually surprised Newcastle aren't giving him a chance in the Championship. I would take him in Aberdeen's starting 11 no problem.

Just posted this on the A*r forum.

HOT News.

Ayr are apparently  in talks with a top Spanish team to bring two of their most talented youngsters over for a year.

A Brazilian teenager called Nefferwall and a Spaniard called Juan Ferkall.

Next season the fans will be chanting, 'Ayr United, Juan Ferkall and Nefferwall'......

HOT News.

Ayr are apparently in talks with a top Spanish team to bring two of their most talented youngsters over for a year.

Next season the fans will be chanting, 'Ayr United, Juan Ferkall and Nefferwall'......

Oh dear......

HOT News.

Ayr are apparently in talks with a top Spanish team to bring two of their most talented youngsters over for a year.

Cool story, although it the joke does really lack Nicolas Cage.

HOT News.

Ayr are apparently  in talks with a top Spanish team to bring two of their most talented youngsters over for a year.

_79331993_dsc_0009.jpg

In quite literally unprecedented #scenes, here's our very own QLP and big Josh declaring their love for each other.

#Josh4TopScorer â€@russabercrombie 10h10 hours ago

Big Josh taking on the full-back and creating the #NIRNorthernIreland.png goal... <3 I'm more in love with @Josh_Magennis every day.

1 retweet 10 likes

@russabercrombie love you to

I think that makes Josh Magennis the first Kilmarnock player to feature in a major championships? Was mulling this over with my cousin, and the closest we got was Jim Stewart in 1974 - but he didn't actually play.