The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

What's the deal with Connolly? Up until his injury, he was about our best player and I thought he could probably play at a higher level. Would Killie not want to be keeping a hold of him? Wages too high?

He has hardly featured all season, had a bad shoulder injury tail end of 14/15 season, returned but wasn't the same player... Got injured again after that and hasn't been seen since.

I reckon it's Killie who are considering making these guys an offer mate. Im assuming we will make a take it or leave it offer or if they get a better one elsewhere then they are free to go.

Pretty sure Higginbotham has signed up for at least one more year at Killie. I'd translate 'willing to consider offers for' as "can't/won't pay this guy off but if anyone wants to take him off our hands we would be very grateful.' 

Doe anyone know what happened to Johnston?

Was always good against us.

Must admit was a bit surprised myself, might be to do with his cruciate injury at the start of last season, either returned not the same player or an underlying problem with that injury, could also be that Clark doesn't rate him or he doesn't fit with his style of play he wants... Our squad is being cut down to less numbers more quality so we can't afford to be carrying any passengers next year, same may be the case with Connolly, having said that why consider offering Carrick a deal when he has a history of hamstring problems at both us and Hearts.....

This is the full list as issued by the club...

OUT - Ashcroft, Brennan, Faubert, Henshall, Johnston and Splaine.

CONSIDERING OFFERING - Balatoni, Higgy, Carrick, McHattie, O'Hara, Obedeyi and Syme.

OFFERS MADE - Slater and McKenzie.

TERMINATED - Connolly.

I'm not sure what "Considering offers" means. Tope is on that list and his twitter makes it pretty clear he's offski..... to be Daniel Sturridge's marketing manager?

Edited by whiskychimp

I reckon it's Killie who are considering making these guys an offer mate. Im assuming we will make a take it or leave it offer or if they get a better one elsewhere then they are free to go.

^

Is incorrect.

Pretty sure Higginbotham has signed up for at least one more year at Killie. I'd translate 'willing to consider offers for' as "can't/won't pay this guy off but if anyone wants to take him off our hands we would be very grateful.' 

^

Is correct.

The Carricks and McHatties were signed on 3 year deals, and are now surplus to requirements.

Stu, I'm only quoting the Official press release made by the club.... Nobody apart from MJ, player and his agent know the details or small print within the contract. If they did sign 3 year deals then we must have the ability to renegotiate or walk away.

Perhaps you would care to enlighten everyone on here, if you know the FACTS, as you seem to no more than the club does ?

Edited by C4mmy31

Willing to offer is a mixture of guys being told they have no future (hence Tope's tweet) and under contract who have miraculously failed to meet one of MJ's famous clauses to be bulleted for free.

Situation is either someone makes an offer for them then they can leave for free, or discussions ongoing to negotiate a pay off.  3rd option is they can stay and pick up a wage but they have no chance of playing next season which probably impacts on Clark's budget.

You have more than 1 McHattie?

Locke really did a number on you guys.

I just hope there's a red phone that's ringing inside the manager's office at Stark's Park, alerting Locke of this