The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I thought the same, was a great atmosphere. Killie should consider letting fans into the Moffat stand for free on the first home game of next season to try and convince some of the fairweather fans from the playoffs to come back along.

Aye your spot on. They have nothing to lose by doing it as it sits empty anyway.

IIRC that was the reason for the big stadium. On the back of a Scottish Cup win and potential European places they built the bigger stadium but the support just withered away. Was brilliant being in a sold out East Stand again albeit a more joyful occasion than the 0-0 butt-clenching game against falkirk in 2010

Watched the sportscene highlights earlier on I player. Looks brilliant with a crowd like that. Falkirk really added to the occasion as well by bringing through a great support. I could be wrong here as but did Killie not average 9/10 thousand not so long ago ? It was great to see Lee Clarks celebrations at the goals too.

Aye your spot on. They have nothing to lose by doing it as it sits empty anyway.

Watched the sportscene highlights earlier on I player. Looks brilliant with a crowd like that. Falkirk really added to the occasion as well by bringing through a great support. I could be wrong here as but did Killie not average 9/10 thousand not so long ago ? It was great to see Lee Clarks celebrations at the goals too.

Giving away free tickets has had no long-term impact on attendances for us. If we have a team playing well, one that the fans can be proud of and a change in the boardroom then fans will come back.

Giving away free tickets has had no long-term impact on attendances for us. If we have a team playing well, one that the fans can be proud of and a change in the boardroom then fans will come back.

Fair enough. There is other issues at Killie regarding fans staying away.

Gutted to have witnessed yet another Falkirk failure against Killie but no complaints about the result yesterday.

The team I saw over two legs certainly didn't look bottom two material and I'm sure Clark would've got you higher up the table had he had slightly more time.

Good to see the Killie fans refraining from goading us at full-time.

Can we agree to not play you in important games ever again?

Gutted to have witnessed yet another Falkirk failure against Killie but no complaints about the result yesterday.

The team I saw over two legs certainly didn't look bottom two material and I'm sure Clark would've got you higher up the table had he had slightly more time.

Good to see the Killie fans refraining from goading us at full-time.

Can we agree to not play you in important games ever again?

I've given you a green dot for having a Hibs Scottish Cup winning hero as your avatar.

<3

Rumour we have offered Ashcroft a contract. Not 100 percent sure about him, is he worth a punt?

Never really got a look in after Balatoni was signed, but was immense for the 2 playoff games but this was against John Baird who has shown time and time again that his level is not in the top flight.

However does the basics well, can win a header. Is prone to a rash/clumsy tackle in the box now and again and is not very good with the ball at his feet. All in all not a bad backup to have for a bottom 6 club.

I thought the same, was a great atmosphere. Killie should consider letting fans into the Moffat stand for free on the first home game of next season to try and convince some of the fairweather fans from the playoffs to come back along.

Literally any time we do a giveaway to attract fans, we lose!

I do believe we should be letting u16s across Scotland in for free. Apart from anything else it just makes good business sense. Attract some extra folk along, make a few quid out of them on pies and juice etc, then potentially have their money flowing in for 50+ years

Happily see Connolly and McKenzie head our way. 

I know Clark needs to overhaul the squad, but he's taking this a bit far surely Obviously the proof will be in the pudding but surely punting the likes of Ashcroft, O'Hara, Slater, McKenzie and maybe even Johnston is just completely short term thinking, as they all look good enough for this level and possibly some form of fee at some point.

McKenzie, Ashcroft, Slater and Johnston are all out of contract.

Looks like Slater has something lined up as he has rejected contract offer (possibly Aberdeen if rumours are true).

According to official site McKenzie has been offered a new deal and everyone else that is for the chop the club will listen to offers for. O'Hara falls into that bracket.

Obviously depends on who he brings in but the guts of those players have been the youth team graduates of a squad that has been involved in 3 seasons of relegation battles. Maybe a fresh start is better for all concerned?

I doubt Slater leaving was the decision of the club. The rest are average and the last few years have demonstrated that if we stick with them then we'll never climb the table.

According to the official statement Slater has been offered a deal and is mulling over the decision.