The Great Big Kilmarnock Thread

I remember vividly his debut and his breakthrough season and thinking he looked a great player whether at right back, breaking up the play in midfield or even left back. He was quick as a whippet and never gave the opposition midfield a minute. See him shambling about at age 29 makes me feel old. And sad. And hungry. And slightly itchy.

When we signed Hamill, it seemed like a great signing, with a few other clubs disappointed not to get him.

He has become an hilarious footballer - not even ordinary or bland - just a bizarre player. :lol:

The Jamie Hamill news has left me in a state of shock. I couldn't believe it when I heard it and I had to have a sit down to compose myself.

Jamie Hamill is only 29!?

Apparently the club could no longer afford the cost of his XXXL shorts.

I'd genuinely have no problem getting rid of Hamill, Carrick, Robinson, Westlake, Barbour, Boyd, Ashcroft and Syme were it possible. Added to the loan players (Hodson and Findlay) leaving that would leave us struggling to field a team at all, but I've been sufficiently unimpressed by that lot. I'm not convinced by Obadeyi or Higginbotham either, but saved them from the chop as I was feeling generous. However, were it possible in some mystical fantasy land to bin all that lot and start from scratch in summer then I'd be fairly pleased.

I agree but would definitely get rid of obadeyi. I don't rate him at all and never have. I'd keep Higgenbottom though. Would also get rid of Josh. Feel he has improved but still isn't up to the standard we need. How many times does he shoot straight at the goalkeeper!

ONE TEAM IN AYRSHIRE

I agree but would definitely get rid of obadeyi. I don't rate him at all and never have. I'd keep Higgenbottom though. Would also get rid of Josh. Feel he has improved but still isn't up to the standard we need. How many times does he shoot straight at the goalkeeper!

ONE TEAM IN AYRSHIRE

If we could wipe the slate clean and keep only Dicker, Slater, McKenzie, Splaine, MacDonald, Connolly, Balatoni, Kiltie, Smith, McHattie, Higginbotham (though I'm still waiting to be fully convinced by him), Johnston, O'Hara and retain Hodson and Faubert then I'd be thrilled. Sadly though, several of those are out of contract this off season and a lot of the dross is still under contract.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you make of Findlay? I think his contract runs out this summer - do you think he looks good enough that we'd want to renew? Would you want him to stay?

I'd take him at Kilmarnock for definite albeit he's been quite shaky at times, not least when Locke played him at full back. He's obviously got a great deal of potential, especially as he gets older and bulks up a bit.

I didn't know he was out of contract at the end of the season, I'd be surprised if Celtic were to let him go considering the problems they've had at centre half this year.

He'd probably benefit from playing for another club for another year or two tbh.. Hard to break through at Celtic now. I think the problems we've had defensively this season has had more to do with a lack of consistency and forced rotation than player quality. Sviatchenko especially looks like the real deal, Boyata, Simunovic and Mulgrew would all be ahead of him as well.

Edited by Vbhoy

What do you make of Findlay? I think his contract runs out this summer - do you think he looks good enough that we'd want to renew? Would you want him to stay?

I'm almost certain he signed an extension before going out on loan to Dumbarton.

Good prospect, with time he'll be a player.