The Cameron Conundrum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we actually have any sort of scouting system or do we just go by 'he says he's worth a punt'?

I've never given it a thought but the crap that has come through over the last few years has me pondering. We certainly can't have anyone putting feelers out locally that's for sure.

The board have put themselves in a terrible position by offering the manager a new contract when they did. Do they have it in them to admit they were wrong? Would they be prepared to pay Cameron off? No chance.

Ever the optimist and three wins and you never know but as it stands 9th is an absolute joke. Arbroath sacked Moore for a terrible run of results but they will still be in the play offs!! Yet the Berwick board offer Cameron a new contract for at the time a below par season which is turning into a piss poor one! Wow!

The board have put themselves in a terrible position by offering the manager a new contract when they did. Do they have it in them to admit they were wrong? Would they be prepared to pay Cameron off? No chance.

Ever the optimist and three wins and you never know but as it stands 9th is an absolute joke. Arbroath sacked Moore for a terrible run of results but they will still be in the play offs!! Yet the Berwick board offer Cameron a new contract for at the time a below par season which is turning into a piss poor one! Wow!

I would agree that giving Cameron another season was a pish decision. I heard that it was the chairman that gave him the new contract and later announced it to the board during any other business at the agm.

No prizes for guessing who's knee Cameron has been sitting on!!

I don't know where we go from here apart from giving a big THANK YOU to Montrose for saving us from the hangman's noose. :(

If Cameron re-signs the bulk of this season's squad again in the summer, then it proves his contacts notebook is the size of the world's smallest postage stamp.

A substantial refresh is essential, and the eleven that starts our first league or cup match next season must feature a minimum of 5 or 6 new faces.

I understand that moves are afoot to keep a number of players in addition to those already signed. Apart from Willis and Wilkie, and possibly Lee Currie, I'd clear out everyone else and get new blood in capable of making a genuine, consistent challenge next season. Signing the same guys who failed this season is hardly going to have fans queueing to snap up season tickets for the new campaign. This is the most critical pre-season for many years. Mess it up and the wheels will really come off.

Currie would be my first out the door. Agree we need a far bigger turnover than is being suggested though.

One thing which has been an absolute failure this season though was the development squad. Have we had any graduates? They were begging Tweedmouth Rangers for players the other night apparently. There seems to be an issue with player recruitment throughout the club.

The youth set up needs established for a start. They need to officially connect Berwick Juniors to the club IMO.

In an ideal world where I win the lottery....I'd square off the ground, hoy a 4G pitch down next to the Main Stand, but a small terrace behind each goal and bring the Ducket over. Have a compact ground like Annan that doesn't cost as much to maintain and you'd have a building with changing rooms in to be used by teams hiring out the pitch. This could then be used as a base for the Juniors even if there wasn't a formal link between them and the club.

I'm dreaming though and the speedway crew would probably want to kill me.

Please. Curry. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Some folks (who I'm sure were salivating over his form just last season) have very short memories.

Along with Drummond, Willis, Wilkie, Tulloch, Notman, Fairbairn and Lavery (and Antell when he finally signs). These guys are amply good enough to get promotion. We're league 2 FFS.

The question remains, is CC good enough to get the best out of them and attract players of commensurate quality to play with them, and in the right formation. No' convinced.

Unfortunately I have a memory dating back at least the last 8 years, where every year we say we easily have a team good enough to challenge, and haven't even come close over that time period.

Unfortunately I have a memory dating back at least the last 8 years, where every year we say we easily have a team good enough to challenge, and haven't even come close over that time period.

So have I, and this is far and away a better squad than Cough's team that got promotion.

Talking of which; Arbroath again in a promotion decider anyone? Win for us and Elgin tomorrow, cuff Arbroath next week, with E Fife / Elgin drawing.....happy days.

So have I, and this is far and away a better squad than Cough's team that got promotion.

No where near for me. Horn, McNicoll, Wood, Gary Greenhill, Haynes, Diack, Iain Thompson, Mcgroarty. And we still had Notman. I'd start them all in the current team and they had a winning mentality.

Archived