The Cameron Conundrum

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear my everygod.

Firstly, apologies to anyone offended by my rabid gibberish from 4.30 onwards.

I've seen great Berwick performances over the years and indeed this year. I've also seen some shite over the years, and this year.

Given the importance of today's match and the knowledge we have of both teams, today plumbed a new depths of unutterable dross.

Andy Russell's all round ineptitude was only beaten by Maxwell's feeble infant-school tosh for their 3rd, which was only trumped by Currie's comatose display (except when indulging in a spot of common assault when the ball has gone dead), which then gave way to the crowning glory of our Manager, who you might think would humbly apologise to the fans after a crap season, but chose instead to spend the last few minutes of the season snarling at the ref as if it was his fault that we'd been comprehensively dicked by a crap side.

Bag of absolute shite.

Didn't get his move to Hearts and has seemingly given up. Piled on the pounds and just lacks effort really. Sending off yesterday summed up his season. You can have him. He'd probably be great for you tbh, but think his time here is up. Too comfortable for him at Berwick.

At least the players are enjoying their well deserved night out tonight after a good win and capping off a successful season........ Ha

Aye I'm not sure it was wise for the Twitter account to be telling everyone what a great time they were all having. Not especially concerned myself, but can see why it would wind people up after watching that yesterday.

So, so disappointed and angry after yesterdays performance - or lack of it. :thumbsdown Surely Cameron has to carry the can for this disastrous season? Where can we possibly go from here? Feeling very disillusioned about my future support of the club if this is what we pay for week in, week out. :(

I'm proud to live in Berwick - I just love the place - and I'm proud to be a staunch Berwick Rangers supporter, attending nearly every home game this season and every away game I could get to due to work commitments, but I am wondering if it will all be worth it if Cameron is still at the helm next season? :unsure:

Will he ever answer his critics? I think not........he'll probably skulk away to his office to count his money with a sick madman-like smiley expression on his little face :P

I think the reality you have to accept is that Cameron will be here next season. My interest for next season therefore lays pretty much solely on his decisions with regards to contracts and transfers.

If Cameron has anything even nearly resembling a pair of bollocks down below he'll tell Lee Currie he has no future with the club. The guy has a ton of ability but both parties need to move on. By all accounts he isn't the most positive influence in the changing rooms and he can probably restart his career again with a new club.

For the first time in years we're in a position where we can release players who are good enough to sign for another league club and who can come back to haunt us. A good manager will make those tough decisions. This isn't scapegoating Currie - the squad as a whole have underachieved and you can give pass marks to about three players at a push, but as we all seem to acknowledge, the same problems, lack of experience, lack of leadership, lack of chance conversion, leaky defences, late goals and average goalkeepers have haunted us for years. Now it's Time to move on from the individuals who have been given chance after chance during this period but remained mainstays throughout failure.

If instead Cameron places blind faith in a squad that has barely changed in three seasons, I doubt I'll be renewing the season ticket because I know for a fact that we'll simply be setting ourselves up to fall into the exact same traps. Hopefully Horn will rattle some sense into #KingColin over the summer.

I Wouldn't bank on the Cameron/Horn partnership lasting till teatime never mind next season.

This season is, finally, dead. Apart from a chance to grasp 9th place at Arbroath.

For me, it's the Board that need to show they have grown a pair. Cameron’s new contract was a mistake and they should admit it and pay him off (if he hasn't got the decency to resign first)

Cameron has proved that he cannot motivate decent players into gelling as an effective team.

He deserves no more chances and should be shown the door now.

Just editing to add that I don't usually join the sack 'em brigade. I thought his original appointment was excellent work, and there have been some good displays and a few good signings. But.... 8th or 9th is going backwards and this is his team. He's been here long enough for us to expect to see progress. And we have seen the opposite.

The Chairman basically said Cameron was the man to take us forward and hopefully him and those players can prove that next season. He did acknowledge that fans are questioning his decision. As for the awards, Notman won the majority of them with Willis a couple so there was never going to be a negative reaction to those.

At least the players are enjoying their well deserved night out tonight after a good win and capping off a successful season........ Ha

It might be unkind to say that Ross Gray might be better off being a barman than a footballer based on this seasons displays....

The Chairman basically said Cameron was the man to take us forward and hopefully him and those players can prove that next season. He did acknowledge that fans are questioning his decision. As for the awards, Notman won the majority of them with Willis a couple so there was never going to be a negative reaction to those.

A huge worry. I am right syndrome.

I m surprised Cameron hasn't applied for the Arbroath job or maybe he has,not saying we want him as manager,plus it would be closer to home for him.

Question is now what ??

Board seem to have faith in Cameron, and he seems to have faith in this "laughingly called a team"

This has got to be the first season where I have to say season isn't over and I already have written off next season. I don't thing I was ever this depressed when Mcgonigal and Renwick were i charge

Archived