Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian, 21/03/2015

I said before the season started we should have put it up. A decision that has undoubtedly cost the club money by not doing so.

Undoubtedly? How many games would we have needed it? How much would it have cost?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip - and yet we've still had our highest ever TFS attendance this season :huh:

Something's not right - either with this season's official attendance or previous SPL ones !!

You just need to look at the Vaduz game in 2009.

Westfield sold out.

They announce the crowd as 5700.

Errrr the West stand holds over 4100 and the North 2004. Where did 400 go?

A theory is every person coming through the West stand doors doesn't get counted because they don't go through a turnstile.

Last time we were at TFS, Falkirk sat off us in the first half and we strolled it. Odd given that we have often struggled away when teams close us down high up the park. They came out and pressed in the second half and nearly got a point.

I like TFS provided you are not behind the goals in the lower part of the stand, as you can't see a thing!

Last time we were at TFS, Falkirk sat off us in the first half and we strolled it. Odd given that we have often struggled away when teams close us down high up the park. They came out and pressed in the second half and nearly got a point.

I like TFS provided you are not behind the goals in the lower part of the stand, as you can't see a thing!

That is exactly how I recall the game.

I like TFS too :)

My money will be on Falkirk shocking Hearts this weekend (with the bonus of good odds). Falkirk stuffed them at Tynecastle and have their measure.

Behave yourself. :lol:

I don't like Neilson's noises about wanting to win it at Tynecastle.

It makes me think that the will to win this weekend might be lacking, as a victory means it might be sealed without them kicking a ball on Sunday.

The motivation to beat us the following week might be at least a little dependent on whether or not the title still awaits being clinched.

That's certainly the conspiracy theory I intend to run with, should Falkirk get a result on Saturday.

I don't like Neilson's noises about wanting to win it at Tynecastle.

It makes me think that the will to win this weekend might be lacking, as a victory means it might be sealed without them kicking a ball on Sunday.

The motivation to beat us the following week might be at least a little dependent on whether or not the title still awaits being clinched.

That's certainly the conspiracy theory I intend to run with, should Falkirk get a result on Saturday.

It's more likely that we would win it at Ibrox if we don't win on Saturday.

Undoubtedly? How many games would we have needed it? How much would it have cost?

1000 people 4 times a season makes a profit. Obviously we can pretty much cram everyone in to the 3 stands we have, but Sevco and ourselves (the first time) and Hearts could have sold more. There is also the option of selling cheap season tickets in them for the other games (which a fair few folk took up in the SPL) and the bonus of having some kind of 4 sided stadium. I wonder what it would cost to buy them permanently?

1000 people 4 times a season makes a profit. Obviously we can pretty much cram everyone in to the 3 stands we have, but Sevco and ourselves (the first time) and Hearts could have sold more. There is also the option of selling cheap season tickets in them for the other games (which a fair few folk took up in the SPL) and the bonus of having some kind of 4 sided stadium. I wonder what it would cost to buy them permanently?

You are joking now?

Those 2 bob red tents are a fucking eyesore and I'm happy to say in all the years we had them I never once sat my Plooky arse on them

Falkirk will need at least 2 and goals to get anything from this game. We have a ridiculous number of attacking options for this level at the moment and after the 10 against Cowdenbeath could and should have had at least half a dozen against both Dumbarton and Raith. Whilst Falkirk are clearly better than all 3 they will do very well to contain a rampant and relentless Hearts forward line all looking to get on the score sheet. Falkirk definitely have a couple of players capable of causing us problems at the other end but the we have had 73 shots on goal half of which have been on target and 17 of which have been goals in our last 3 games and we are actually playing some of the best stuff we have all season. With our ticket allocation sold out and a desire to ensure we can win the league against QoS the following Saturday at Tynie (also already sold out), should Hibs beat Rangers as expected, I think we will be right up for it again.

The ideal solution is of course a big bank of covered terracing.

The ideal solution is to build a couple of beach volleyball courts and have the womans league play there at 3pm on Saturdays.

I didn't either. Surely better though than a shitey fence and nothing else apart from a big open space for the ball to bounce around in?

I agree that the current set up certainly isn't braw.

My personal preference was to build a fence like Hibs have in their corners.

Bring it in a bit from where the current fence is though.

I'd also put these in the 2 West stand corners Just to close the place in seen as the corner pods seem to be as likely as the retractable roof we were promised.

The ground is pretty neat but by f**k is their a ton of potential to be really something.

Doesn't help when we only play infront of a few thousand though.

Archived