Falkirk v Heart of Midlothian, 21/03/2015

Can't wait until we're back to the big league and no longer have to interact with these yokels tbh. Anyone up for a Clyde-style mass decampment to the Premiership forum once it's wrapped up?

I doubt I'll ever post on the Championship forum again tbh......

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Falkirk do footage of their own? If so, does it get made public?

We do, but it doesn't get made public - it's subscriber-only.

We went direct at the start of the game to try and bypass the midfield as in the last game that's where Falkirk flourished. But it wasn't really working and we changed to try and get it on the deck after about 25 minutes. The game was pretty even until our goal with Zeefuik missing a great chance when clean through.

Thought once we scored we were excellent, MacDonald made a great save before half ime to stop us going in 2 up. 2nd half we bossed it, we got in behind on the wings on numerous occasions and if we'd been more clinical we could be had more. Not sure where the chat about us being dire is coming from in the slightest.

Crawford Allan was pish. Not necessarily against us but he just loved his whistle and was inconsistent. How Zeefuik ended up with a booking for falling over is beyond me.

Decent jambo alert.... agree 100% with above....

We were the team more likely to score then hearts scored........

It's so easy to see why Hearts are top of the division, attacking options throughout the team. We needed our best 11 out there and a lot of them on the top of their game to repeat the last win, we missed Loy and my fear on Friday was confirmed when I seen Morgan on the park. I've yet to see anything to see in Morgan where he deserves to start in front of Botti. Botti won more headers and managed to control the ball at his feet, at his age, he has something to work with.

Baird probably had his worst game for us yesterday but he is a determined wee fecker and will be back to his usual this midweek with or without Loy.

Good luck Hearts next season and mind and put 4 or 5 past queens next week...

Comfortably beaten yesterday by clearly the best team in the division. Hearts with too much quality on the areas of the pitch where it matters. We have too many players who struggle enough against teams our own level so it was always going to be a tough ask against a Premiership team in waiting unless they had an off day.

We really missed Rory Loy. Without him we have zero chance of 4th place or making the Cup final.

Sincerely hope that Houston doesn't do anything stupid like give Taylor Morgan a contract during the summer.

Cowdenbeath Tuesday night. Joy.

forget about the whys and wherefores of twelve years ago we are where we are ... There was no need to sell the gazebo to alloa apart from the obvious cash flow bullshit we are left with a stadium that has little atmosphere & can't touch brockville it's obvious where the blame lies step forward w Malcolm ritchie

Cash flow issues are a pretty serious need to raise working capital.

Don't you think it would be infinitely more prudent to take the money you would spend on a fourth stand and use it to build a team capable of:

a) achieving promotion to the Premiership

b) sustaining themselves as a Premiership team

and then, and only then, considering a fourth stand with the increased Premiership revenue if our average attendance was pushing, say, 8,000?

Building a a fourth stand whilst remaining in the second tier is madness.

How do you finance it's construction and pay for it's upkeep whilst trying to build a squad capable of winning promotion?

Our attendances do not justify expanding the grounds capacity. Most weeks more than half of the seats lie empty and on occasion it's less than a quarter full.

I'd like to see a covered terracing enclosure built on that side, but not at the expense of crippling the club for the next decade.

Having a good team on the park is the priority. No a stadium that's pretty to look at.

Comfortably beaten yesterday by clearly the best team in the division. Hearts with too much quality on the areas of the pitch where it matters. We have too many players who struggle enough against teams our own level so it was always going to be a tough ask against a Premiership team in waiting unless they had an off day.

We really missed Rory Loy. Without him we have zero chance of 4th place or making the Cup final.

Sincerely hope that Houston doesn't do anything stupid like give Taylor Morgan a contract during the summer.

Cowdenbeath Tuesday night. Joy.

What's the situation with Loy is he out long term?

Building a a fourth stand whilst remaining in the second tier is madness.

How do you finance it's construction and pay for it's upkeep whilst trying to build a squad capable of winning promotion?

Our attendances do not justify expanding the grounds capacity. Most weeks more than half of the seats lie empty and on occasion it's less than a quarter full.

I'd like to see a covered terracing enclosure built on that side, but not at the expense of crippling the club for the next decade.

Having a good team on the park is the priority. No a stadium that's pretty to look at.

That's all fair enough.

Don't call it a stadium though, it's more of an Avenue.

Got exactly what we deserved which was hee fuckin haw. Well done to Hearts.

Duffie, Smith and Baird were shite. Most wer but they were the shiter.

By the way that Zeefulk is the biggest guy I have ever seen playing professional football, in fact maybe the biggest guy I've ever seen fullstop. Still managed to out run McCracken once or twice though.

Archived