The Silky Soccernauts v The Dirty Rovers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that the Rovers will be thinking about entertaining the Queens' supporters.

Couldn’t give a flying f**k about entertainment tomorrow from our team either. A sclaffed winner of somebody’s arse will do

At the start of the week Rovers would have been thinking “win the next 2 and only a monumental balls up can stop us”. Our guys know if we lose then that’s the case so they’ll be equally as motivated to prolong the chase. I might be wrong but l think the last team to beat us 5 times in a season was Livingston

Dreadful performance for such an important game. QP just didn't show up.

Yep quite a few below par performances. However credit to Rovers, they did what they do, and I thought they looked more organised and capable this time, especially defence.

QP can hold their heads high this season and I can't see them dropping too many more points, but I can only see Rovers stretching this lead.

Burns was very poor . Don't understand substitution at the interval Not one shot to worry rovers . Moore not interested . Yes I would have taken this at the start of the season but why can supporters see what is wrong with a team and a manager can't . Where was Carter today why was Gibson not playing can't he see fraiser needs a rest and Miller needs to get his act together and start taking free kicks properly . We still have a chance 4 4 2 . Thanks

Can you hear your PA announcer adequately in the home end? From the away end it sounded like he had a bad speech impediment. Sound went in and out, struggled to hear the teams or the half times.

As for the game, apart from a 15 minute period in the first half where Rovers could barely get across the half way line I felt the better team won. Rovers had a very commanding second half and should have been further ahead. In the first half McGuigan passed when he should have shot and it was the opposite in the second half. Ross Dunlop, Josh Mullin, Gary Fisher particulary impressed me (my first Rovers game of the season) while Cadden looked good when he came on.

We won comfortably without having to do too much. Never under any real threat from QP.

Always thought QP were a good footballing team from previous games this season but from today's showing the ball was like hot coal for them, constantly hoofing the ball up in the air. Also don't have a clue how your right back stayed on the pitch, from where I was seated it looked a horror 2 footed lunge on our player who managed to jump or it would have been a leg breaker.

It's been a while since I had a good rant. Today's the day!

The fat bloke with the hi-vis is singing like a lark tonight. What a fucking shambles. Too many individuals in this squad wondering about their future rather than trying to win for Queen's Park. Can I please be spared another week of being so grateful to have Gus McPherson as coach. With the possible exception of Jim Duffy I can't think of a coach who is more animated and openly critical of his players. Every wrong pass, mishit or whatever by any player is greeted with ridiculous degrees of outrage. This must be noticed by every player and must have a negative effect on the group. These guys don't play as a group and a lot of that has to be the man management of the coach.

Worse yet though is his repeated use of tactics that don't work. Constant passing wide for out swinging cross balls that are going away from goal. Crosses played in to the smallest man on the pitch playing against two bigger defenders. Repeatedly allowing the back four to sit deep when the midfield pushes up leaving a 20 meter gap for oppos to exploit. Same stuff over and over. And like today, when the tactics are going nowhere, he makes direct one for one substitutions rather than change the shape. This reinforces my view that it's always the players to blame, never the coach. McElroy was one of the few lively players in the first and gets subbed when Fraser or Burns were much stronger candidates. I'd really appreciate if one of the Inner Circle could pm me and tell me what it is that keeps Burns on the park. He gave away more possession today than the rest of the team put together. Terrible footballer, every week. What's the story? Gibson outplays Burns in every aspect. None of the 3 subs today made any impact.

Good performances from Muir, Mitchell and Woods. Pass marks for Quinn, Berry and McElroy. Wharton had his worst game of the season on his biggest day to shine. McPherson works hard but gets no real opportunities thanks to a weak and lightweight midfield. Fraser and Burns are a waste of space. Last but not least - Darren Miller. What a fucking shyster that boy is. Every chance he gets from a dead ball, including corners, he wants to try and score. Wastes so many opportunities with his selfishness. Sits far too deep trying to get himself space rather than getting involved in the winning. His short ball game has been woeful all season and his dead ball delivery has long been largely poor, living off a few good hits earlier in the season. Tackles like an under-12. Badge kissing waster. Get McVey back in.

Yes we're better off than last year but given McPherson's stats in the second half of the season were as abysmal as Spiers' then you have to say it was just a really poor group all last season. This season the group has been almost all hand picked by McPherson and he can't get them to either a) get them to do as he wants, hence the theatrics or b) can't get them to gel as a team. This was a game that was winnable today and we failed miserably. Too many players too quick to blame their team mates in this squad but it's perhaps understandable when they have a leader who blames everything that goes wrong on his players. It's your squad Gus. Make it work. And trying setting out a team to win rather than not losing.

Feel better now, cupcake?

If you're done with having a shot of Jim Murphy's glue, maybe you can reflect on the irony of slagging off Guus for criticising individual errors and then going on to eviscerate those same individuals.

Disappointing that we've not really laid a glove on Rovers all season. Same old story yesterday - small margins - but they just seem a fraction better than us in every department: a bit better defensively, a bit better in attack, a bit better as a group, a bit better individually.

Only bright side is that we won't have to watch that game another twice in the playoffs.

Time to freshen things up, take some players out of the firing line and give some fringe guys a run ahead of the playoffs (assuming we get there!). Would personally like to see Hynes get a couple of games and Woods to move into the middle.

Feel better now, cupcake?

If you're done with having a shot of Jim Murphy's glue, maybe you can reflect on the irony of slagging off Guus for criticising individual errors and then going on to eviscerate those same individuals.

good point well made! An overreaction perhaps to another below par performance v the rovers but some valid points

Burns had a howler surely Gus can see he's never a left back so hopefully Scott Gibson will now get a run

Fraser looks low in confidence and has been below par for a while now likewise miller's form has gone downhill and his attitude towards his teammates yesterday was poor

Were not exactly choc full of midfield alternatives with baty still injured but surely mcvey due a go

As for the boss I agree his frustration on the sidelines is very visible but contrasts to his positive post game comments where he very rarely criticises the players

Would you rather go back to speirs who showed no emotion?

Bottom line Gus was brought in to stabilise and ensure we're not in the situation now facing Montrose

So with a play off spot guaranteed he's well ahead of that target and still all to play for it's not as if we should fear Arbroath who seem to be imploding

I personally don't think this squad are quite good enough to take us up but would like to be proved wrong! Compare them to the group speirs had under his disposal but we all know what his play off record was...

Fifth win over the Spiders and probably the one with the most obvious difference between the teams. We operated pretty much as we did at Arbroath, content to restrict space, and break quickly when we could, and we looked the more dangerous. Oh the luxuries that being four points clear bestow.

Fisher's goal looked a better from the usual crap away fans angle, but I read a very well written report from a QP perspective that said it took a wicked deflection - the benefits of being on the half way line.

Star man for me was Ross Dunlop. He's always had the aerial ability, but he's now improving his distribution with many moves starting from him.

Two home games next against Elgin and Berwick, so the aim has to be simply to keep going. Assuming we win both of those then the date of when we get the Title will depend on how Q.P respond to this setback.

Better side won. There's little doubt in my mind that Rovers will now go on and win the league. It's a seven point gap, but it's probably the equivalent of even more because we're not going to win every game. They looked like a team that believed they could win yesterday, we didn't. QPSA's rant is absolutely laughable, incidentally. We've had a fantastic season considering that Gus put together a team of juniors and players from the worst Queen's squad in living memory. If someone had told me that we were going to be in the playoffs at the start of the season, I'd have commenced building a statue of the man outside Hampden.

The fat bloke with the hi-vis is singing like a lark tonight. What a fucking shambles. Too many individuals in this squad wondering about their future rather than trying to win for Queen's Park. Can I please be spared another week of being so grateful to have Gus McPherson as coach. With the possible exception of Jim Duffy I can't think of a coach who is more animated and openly critical of his players. Every wrong pass, mishit or whatever by any player is greeted with ridiculous degrees of outrage. This must be noticed by every player and must have a negative effect on the group. These guys don't play as a group and a lot of that has to be the man management of the coach.

Worse yet though is his repeated use of tactics that don't work. Constant passing wide for out swinging cross balls that are going away from goal. Crosses played in to the smallest man on the pitch playing against two bigger defenders. Repeatedly allowing the back four to sit deep when the midfield pushes up leaving a 20 meter gap for oppos to exploit. Same stuff over and over. And like today, when the tactics are going nowhere, he makes direct one for one substitutions rather than change the shape. This reinforces my view that it's always the players to blame, never the coach. McElroy was one of the few lively players in the first and gets subbed when Fraser or Burns were much stronger candidates. I'd really appreciate if one of the Inner Circle could pm me and tell me what it is that keeps Burns on the park. He gave away more possession today than the rest of the team put together. Terrible footballer, every week. What's the story? Gibson outplays Burns in every aspect. None of the 3 subs today made any impact.

Good performances from Muir, Mitchell and Woods. Pass marks for Quinn, Berry and McElroy. Wharton had his worst game of the season on his biggest day to shine. McPherson works hard but gets no real opportunities thanks to a weak and lightweight midfield. Fraser and Burns are a waste of space. Last but not least - Darren Miller. What a fucking shyster that boy is. Every chance he gets from a dead ball, including corners, he wants to try and score. Wastes so many opportunities with his selfishness. Sits far too deep trying to get himself space rather than getting involved in the winning. His short ball game has been woeful all season and his dead ball delivery has long been largely poor, living off a few good hits earlier in the season. Tackles like an under-12. Badge kissing waster. Get McVey back in.

Yes we're better off than last year but given McPherson's stats in the second half of the season were as abysmal as Spiers' then you have to say it was just a really poor group all last season. This season the group has been almost all hand picked by McPherson and he can't get them to either a) get them to do as he wants, hence the theatrics or b) can't get them to gel as a team. This was a game that was winnable today and we failed miserably. Too many players too quick to blame their team mates in this squad but it's perhaps understandable when they have a leader who blames everything that goes wrong on his players. It's your squad Gus. Make it work. And trying setting out a team to win rather than not losing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fisher's goal looked a better from the usual crap away fans angle, but I read a very well written report from a QP perspective that said it took a wicked deflection - the benefits of being on the half way line.

From a viewpoint one degree better than yours, I saw it clip a defender's foot and arc deceptively. I think that's three games in a row we've opened the scoring with a deflected shot: at last we're getting a wee rub of the green!

Archived