The Silky Soccernauts v The Dirty Rovers

After last weekend's late win, we go into this one a baw hair off top (pinches himself), with a chance to go clear. Given that Rovers have beaten us what seems like a dozen times already this season, the law of averages tells me that THIS IS THE ONE!

The side is relatively settled; fairly solid at the back, industrious in midfield and perhaps Gus is settling on his front line, although he's not afraid to change things early on. We do, though, need a bit more of his early season form from Miller, and a goal from McPherson up front, plus something a bit special from either Burns or McElroy on the wing.

Really looking forward to this one and hopefully we'll get another half-decent crowd.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be very interesting to see what happens tonight. We could either be top on Saturday, or Rovers could have one hand on the trophy. As far as I'm concerned, if Rovers win tonight and at Hampden they've won the league. They wouldn't be out of sight points wise, but what it would do for them psychologically would be huge.

Who'd have thought last summer we'd be in as much anticipation as this. We haven't performed anywhere close to best in any of these matches which should be enough incentive for footballers to make their best efforts and if we can play for a full 90 we should have a chance. Two of the tightest defences but even so a nil-nil seems unlikely. Rovers have some lively forwards to exploit the bigger park.

Note to the groundsman; please ensure grass is short and surface flat and lush. That'll get the Rovers confused early on

Anne's spot-on with his assessment of this one - if 'Rovers win this one then they're Champions Elect, but if Queen's can get all three points then it will be a massive psychological boost for us. Games like this are usually won by the team that wants it most, and on this occasion a draw would suit Rovers more than us so I think it's got 0-0 written all over it.

Well, no team talk required for this one. And I'd say the majority of the pressure is on Rovers too. Never good to get grannied by a team and no better time to get that win. I'll try to think up a few more clichés by Saturday.

Likely to be a game of two halves. At the end of the day one or more of these two teams should get something from the game.

Really? Despite the fact that you're overdue a win over us and we'll still be top on Saturday night whatever you do.

I'd say so. Think we would be under more pressure if you'd dropped points last night. A bit of a 'nothing to lose' feel about this one. I'm looking forward to the game, not feeling particularly nervous.

I'd say so. Think we would be under more pressure if you'd dropped points last night. A bit of a 'nothing to lose' feel about this one. I'm looking forward to the game, not feeling particularly nervous.

Nice try at the old reverse psychology. However, if last night's result was reversed QP would have the extra motivation going into Saturday knowing a win would send them top.

As it stands it's now a must not lose situation for Queens. Again a draw isn't an outright disaster for them either as nothing cut and dried.

As Vic has implied, this is only a must-win for one of the teams, and even if they get that win, the title will still be in our hands. The hard work has been done now- the only purpose of this game is to see whether or not we can sew it up a week early.

We've enjoyed getting it up QP four times this season, but those were all in Monklands- at least this time they have the comfort of playing in their own postcode region. Whatever happens, judging by Celtic's performance on Sunday, the new Hampden surface will suit our teams' silky floor soccer.

Our manager doesn't like changing a winning eleven, but a few pairs of fresh legs wouldn't be a bad thing this time around. Scott Chaplain's forehead was the difference in our last two meetings- leaving it off the pitch could be a regretful move.

Away fans: remember your binoculars. (Opera glasses for you, Bold.)

Scott Chaplain's forehead was the difference in our last two meetings- leaving it off the pitch could be a regretful move.

Away fans: remember your binoculars. (Opera glasses for you, Bold.)

Splendid series of wind-ups there Albino. Just have to factually correct you on Mr Chaplain's performance in the last game. Cheating bastirt play-actor was his main contribution that day. Of course, QP are the ideal foil for such behaviour. Simply can't be accused of getting a fellow professional sent off.

Away fans are being housed in Lesser for this one. Periscopes required.

Rovers don't need to win. I don't think it's 100% "must win" for us yet, but it's absolutely a must not lose. Would be as well letting Rovers climb the Hampden steps and present them with the trophy if they win on Saturday.

Splendid series of wind-ups there Albino. Just have to factually correct you on Mr Chaplain's performance in the last game. Cheating bastirt play-actor was his main contribution that day. Of course, QP are the ideal foil for such behaviour. Simply can't be accused of getting a fellow professional sent off

Rovers don't need to win. I don't think it's 100% "must win" for us yet, but it's absolutely a must not lose. Would be as well letting Rovers climb the Hampden steps and present them with the trophy if they win on Saturday.

Since the opening four games when our new squad was settling, Queen's haven't lost two in a row and when we have lost we've always bounced back with a win. Compare that with Rovers who lost four in a row. Even a win on Saturday for Rovers won't guarantee they won't crash again. The run-in for Queen's could feasibly be straight wins.

It's never over 'til the fat bloke in the hi-vis jacket sings.

Since the opening four games when our new squad was settling, Queen's haven't lost two in a row and when we have lost we've always bounced back with a win. Compare that with Rovers who lost four in a row. Even a win on Saturday for Rovers won't guarantee they won't crash again. The run-in for Queen's could feasibly be straight wins.

It's never over 'til the fat bloke in the hi-vis jacket sings.

If they go seven clear having won back to back games away at both title rivals, it's over. It would be massive psychologically for them and they'd be absolutely flying after it. However, enough of this potential gloom, we're more than capable of winning the game and we're well overdue a win against them! The table speaks for itself, we're two of the best sides in the league and I expect to see both sides going all out for the victory. I expect goals and entertainment in this one.

Archived