Clyde moving to Shettleston?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many let downs can Clyde fans take? :lol:

As long as they don't try to hijack Douglas Park again like they did in 1970, I hope the move away from Cumbernauld works out for them. They don't appear to be trying to do to Shettleston what they tried to do to Accies at that point with a "merger".

Watching your death spiral at Shawfield unfold in the aftermath provided some schadenfreude back in the late 70s and early 80s, but that's all ancient history now and there's the small matter of being daft enough to let Ronnie Macdonald switch his attention to another club after your Cumbernauld move, which didn't do Accies any harm in recent times.

Well aware of that. My parting shot will be that any time I was at Shawfield I don't remember there being any aggro, because we always outnumbered you and there were not so many grounds where the Accies away support would do that. Can even remember being there one time (given you were the easy lower division senior option to get to from the Hamilton area if the Accies game was postponed) when the same could be said for the visiting busload of Brechin City supporters where your huge enclosure was concerned. Again though, best of luck with the move to Shettleston and hope people do actually support you regularly in Glasgow this time around.

Archived