Clyde moving to Shettleston?

Absolutely no chance my friend, they've nowhere near the finances it would take to buy it. NLL would practically have to donate it to them.

They're paying approx £90k rent a year which they can afford, but there's already been murmerings that its preventing them develop into what they want to be. So if that's the case, they don't have the money to buy the stadium

From the looks of it NLL barely have the finances for its upkeep. So while Clyde take their share of responsibility for what happened, Cumbernauld will now have lost its only ever senior team & highly unlikely to be replaced, a publicly owned facility will be losing at least £40k a year, they already lost their biggest private sector employer nearly 20 years ago, so I would hope for their local taxpayers' POV they have plans for the stadium

I'm certain if the right kind of people had sat down now the debt's cleared, the situation couldve been resolved & still a future given new generations of potential support are born all the time. But it's gone now due to short-termism

Wherever we end up the hope is the club learns from its own history. None of us who support the club inherited an ideal situation. So what they decide now, if its genuinely designed to be permanent, should not only take into account the immediate future, but what will be left for those not even born yet

If it was Shettleston it might be ok, but let alone where's the money for x, y & z right now, how much land is there that will likely be able to be developed way into the future. Railway looks a permanent border. So all I'm suggesting to the club is take your time, take all of this into account & if Shettleston would provide that kind of potential long term then that's fine

That's why they might sell it to The Colts. It's a white elephant they can't wait to get rid off. Jim McCabe explained the council couldn't help Airdrie by buying the stadium as he was already stuck with one he couldn't get rid off.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - so how much are we borrowing? How much needs to be spent on this tip (with all due respect) to make it acceptable? What is the annual payment and how many years do we need to pay it?

I admire your optimism but unless someone answers the above it remains the main issue for anyone who wants this club to prosper and isn't only concerned with whether the local boozer does a good pint of lager

First up, if i knew i would not be on here telling all and sundry about the details....its not my job, and frankly none of my business until the custodians make it so with decisive action. But i would have to ask why is my post being highlighted, when plenty before me have announced what they've heard themselves?? Tbh what most of those have said is fairly consistent with what i've heard myself, which is a lot more than can be said for when half of the Castlemilk bus were swinging their walking sticks in jubilation when its former main man announced the details of the embryonic stage of the whole EK abortion, which began as Clyde basically doing the same at the Showpark as what we have apparently lined up here. Needless to.say that turned out to be a steaming pile of horseshit. However, if plans are to play this low-key and not go barging in like we did there, and ended up.setting ourselves up for what transpired, whilst delivering a legacy greater than anything the clubs had before, then surely a benefit of the doubt has to be given. I'm prepared to, and its not because the pubs are good or the ground is handy...it'll still be four hour round trip for me, but a lot less of a strain in knowing what its for.

That's why they might sell it to The Colts. It's a white elephant they can't wait to get rid off. Jim McCabe explained the council couldn't help Airdrie by buying the stadium as he was already stuck with one he couldn't get rid off.

Possibly yes. Councils are looking to off load what's costing them, perhaps more of a deal where they still own the land / facility, but don't charge any rent. In turn the club runs it, pays for the upkeep and just gives the council a nominal cut from whatever earnings they make from it....as we may be about to find out

Whatever it is, hopefully the new ground won't have all these fucking pop up ads P&B have installed recently !

Convenient for who exactly?? I'm only passing on what I've heard from our end as I was reading all your comments. Was pretty excited about move myself as I live directly opposite park and am a regular in club. Like I say passing on what I'm hearing , wether true or not need to wait and see .

First up, if i knew i would not be on here telling all and sundry about the details....its not my job, and frankly none of my business until the custodians make it so with decisive action. But i would have to ask why is my post being highlighted, when plenty before me have announced what they've heard themselves?? Tbh what most of those have said is fairly consistent with what i've heard myself, which is a lot more than can be said for when half of the Castlemilk bus were swinging their walking sticks in jubilation when its former main man announced the details of the embryonic stage of the whole EK abortion, which began as Clyde basically doing the same at the Showpark as what we have apparently lined up here. Needless to.say that turned out to be a steaming pile of horseshit. However, if plans are to play this low-key and not go barging in like we did there, and ended up.setting ourselves up for what transpired, whilst delivering a legacy greater than anything the clubs had before, then surely a benefit of the doubt has to be given. I'm prepared to, and its not because the pubs are good or the ground is handy...it'll still be four hour round trip for me, but a lot less of a strain in knowing what its for.

No offence meant by singling out your post. It was just the only one I could see that even mentioned a figure in regards to a loan we'd take out so I thought I'd highlight it and ask the question to everyone else who has been talking this up without considering the costs.

At the moment we pay approx 40k on top of that nll licence says we have to have in relation to the crowd an army of stewards so say we take it as near 50 k a year just to put a game on , we have lost the historical debt of 40k per year so say we buy shettleston for 800 k at 40k per year you could pay it off in 20 years if it's a bank the obviously the costs would go up , but and it's a big but if you could agree a payment per year to the owners with a deal that it's ours after 20 years it might work financial thoughts?

No offence meant by singling out your post. It was just the only one I could see that even mentioned a figure in regards to a loan we'd take out so I thought I'd highlight it and ask the question to everyone else who has been talking this up without considering the costs.

Shaggro take offence at something? Surely going into the realms of fantasy there?

How as a fan owned club do members not know what is going on at their club? I would have expected at very least info on talks, discussions, areas. Lets face it I dont think a queue of clubs are going to rush and outbid you on any deal.

One thing I would warn though is that I know that talks re EK are still very much ongoing (at least 2 informal meetings in the past month) - your board could be using this to put pressure on.

How as a fan owned club do members not know what is going on at their club? I would have expected at very least info on talks, discussions, areas. Lets face it I dont think a queue of clubs are going to rush and outbid you on any deal.

One thing I would warn though is that I know that talks re EK are still very much ongoing (at least 2 informal meetings in the past month) - your board could be using this to put pressure on.

must try harder

Or you could have a shit support and then beg the spl for handouts and agree to anything in return ??

The $64,000 question. A nice letter in a frame by the front door looks nice when Dougall and Penelope from next door pop in for Pimms every so often, but thats about the extent of their involvement. Think of them less as owners, more string quartet on the Titanic.

At the moment we pay approx 40k on top of that nll licence says we have to have in relation to the crowd an army of stewards so say we take it as near 50 k a year just to put a game on , we have lost the historical debt of 40k per year so say we buy shettleston for 800 k at 40k per year you could pay it off in 20 years if it's a bank the obviously the costs would go up , but and it's a big but if you could agree a payment per year to the owners with a deal that it's ours after 20 years it might work financial thoughts?

Who said they are selling it at all and where do you get 800k from, is it just a number plucked from the air. Who would lend Clyde that kind of money?

Archived