Clyde moving to Shettleston?

Has it crossed anyones mind, that just three years after a canvassing campaign Emperor Hirahito himself would have been proud of, that we are showing support for the potential move that the club us crying out for.....in the hope that they themselves are serious about launching the same degree of determination to see it through?? There shouldn't even be aneed for any campaigns on this, and tbh as CfcUk says earlier, assuming the position carries the need to make decisions. How many have pressed the club for information on what is without doubt the most important thing involving the club right now??

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Waterstones and noticed a book called Finance for Dummies! Wonder who thats aimed at?

Cannibal - keep asking questions. Absolutely unbelievable that Clyde fans would walk blindly into ANY move without wanting to know the deal after all the previous strategic errors.

so was the ek clyde debacle a stategic error ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has it crossed anyones mind, that just three years after a canvassing campaign Emperor Hirahito himself would have been proud of, that we are showing support for the potential move that the club us crying out for.....in the hope that they themselves are serious about launching the same degree of determination to see it through?? There shouldn't even be aneed for any campaigns on this, and tbh as CfcUk says earlier, assuming the position carries the need to make decisions. How many have pressed the club for information on what is without doubt the most important thing involving the club right now??

to right :thumsup2

this is a club with over 400 memebers and the attendance at the agm didnt even reach treble figures

might just be the ek clyde brigade have had their nose put out of joint :lol:

If you're referring to SLW, then he actually is. However, like people in his profession, he likes to talk down to people as is obvious in his reply...

Meow!

Suppose if he is, I would wonder why such a person was in that particular section of waterstones

Meow!

Suppose if he is, I would wonder why such a person was in that particular section of waterstones

its right next to the section of books on "how to win friends and influence people " ;)

where's the negative? I'd love to move back into Glasgow and be able to use public transport and get a pint before the game. These are all great - I just want to some more real details. Amazing that fans of a club that's just got out of years of debt payments aren't even interested in these things.

Generally don't agree at all with your posts but that's spot on. An announcement of intent some time soon would be nice but I'd expect a full, transparent meeting with concrete details soon after as well.

At least we'd know where the ground was this time.

its right next to the section of books on "how to win friends and influence people " ;)

You know me well enough to know that winning friends isn't high on my agenda, I am very fussy in that regard.

The people posting on here and getting all excited about a maybe because it's near their hoose and a pub they like are frankly laughable.

If we don't embark on something soon that puts some respectability back into the club we will be forever doomed to League 2 , wandering around like lost souls in areas no one wants to go to.

To ignore the detail is daft in my opinion, but it does give me the opportunity to talk down the unbelievably stupid who are usually the loudest because they don't even have the sense to keep quiet on things they don't have info on/ have any experience of, so that's a silver lining. :thumsup2

like clyde fans would give the board the right to change the name without one bit of info on futrure revinues ,and even the exact location of the ground :lol:

so it would appear they have previous form :thumsup2

however maybe they will produce a nice brochure that helped before

I think all of us were given a scenario to work on. I knew enough about the numbers to recognise the warnings the Board gave out and went with their recommendation on that basis. Name change aside I stick to the view that EK might be a better COMMERCIAL option than the east end of Glasgow. However I have no details at all now, and like everyone else I have no crystal ball, so its go with your gut following whatever information is released.

Edited to say go with your gut if you are a CIC member (which I won't be), so won't have a say this time. I am assuming that the move will be put to the membership.

What are NLL's plans for Broadwood should Clyde leave? A massive white elephant surely. It's poorly located both for those traveling to games and those who are local, combined with a lack of ammenities nearby. They had the right idea with where they built Livingston's ground.

I'd like to see Clyde being a real part of life in Cumbernauld, it's just not happened for whatever reason. Whether that's on the part of the club not engaging with the population or vice versa I don't really know but I certainly think the placement of the stadium within the town, rather than the town itself is a significant factor.

I say all this as an uninformed outsider.

I certainly think that a move to Shettleston could be good for Clyde. If sensibly developed the ground could be far more suited home to a club of Clyde's current standing than Broadwood.

What are NLL's plans for Broadwood should Clyde leave? A massive white elephant surely. It's poorly located both for those traveling to games and those who are local, combined with a lack of ammenities nearby. They had the right idea with where they built Livingston's ground.

I'd like to see Clyde being a real part of life in Cumbernauld, it's just not happened for whatever reason. Whether that's on the part of the club not engaging with the population or vice versa I don't really know but I certainly think the placement of the stadium within the town, rather than the town itself is a significant factor.

I say all this as an uninformed outsider.

I certainly think that a move to Shettleston could be good for Clyde. If sensibly developed the ground could be far more suited home to a club of Clyde's current standing than Broadwood.

Aye, Livi worked well on every level...everyone's favourite away day and a home support to be envied. Built on the solid foundations of enforced relocation.

No offense but it isn't exactly the best looking stadium . Whats all the excitement over?

Not paying circa £4k a match. Use of the stadium for more than four hours a fortnight. Apropiate office facility. Being able to generate income from other revenues apart from the turnstiles and hospitality.

No offense but it isn't exactly the best looking stadium . Whats all the excitement over?

See above. No offence, but other than two newbuild stands at your gaffe, its no Madison Square Garden either. Nothing personal to Dundee, a lot of Scottish grounds are fucking ugly, due to odd-looking stands and unkempt areas between them. Ideally, a small, compact, symmetrical 2-3,000 capacity ground will magically appear upon what you see now, and hopefully get to visit one day.....:P

It was levied that Cumbernauld Colts have the financial wherewithal to buy Broadwood outright. They're a huge organisation that take over the stadium on a regular basis.

I've always thought the SFA could do something with Broadwood, develop it as a training ground, a bit like St George's Park for the English, and could hold youth internationals etc there.

Archived