Clyde moving to Shettleston?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know if it has moved on any but few seasons back shettleston had plans to turn pitch through 90 degrees and make it plastic. Could then put stand down side which would be great

Affirmative. I ran a bookies on SR in 2010/11 and was in regular contact with players and management, and one senior blazer couldn't stop gushing about the new plans (see above) taking them ahead of the competition. It's definitely a workable proposition; all i think anyone wants to know is how the arrangements will level out.

That's great for you because Greenfield Park looks worse than your average pig sty.

It's no worse than any of the other junior grounds in the west of Scotland, to be fair. I'd say the majority I've visited in recent years could do with a facelift.

Broadwood is in the middle of cumbernauld, a community the club has continually failed to embrace. If as much effort had been put into relations here in the last 20 years as is now being put into chasing pipe dreams elsewhere we would be in a far better position.

Im sure moving into the shadow of parkhead will lead to floods of stay-aways and old firm fans without a bus fair attending though! Is that seriously the plan now that ek has gone tits up, whore the club around a bunch of junior grounds?

The club will lose a large section of 'regular' home attenders from the cumbernauld area by moving away. If they think a huge number of new untapped fans are waiting to take their place they are mistaken!

Great post. I'm one of the Cumbernauld based fans who stopped attending when the club announced the proposed move to EK. The comments coming from the boardroom about the town were beyond belief and I made my mind up I could no support a club who constantly slated the town.

Great post. I'm one of the Cumbernauld based fans who stopped attending when the club announced the proposed move to EK. The comments coming from the boardroom about the town were beyond belief and I made my mind up I could no support a club who constantly slated the town.

Agreed - I've long been sick of how the club and some supporters have spoken about Cumbernauld. It's not Cumbernauld's fault that the club does next to nothing in the local community, just as it isn't Cumbernauld's fault that our attendances are what they are. As has been said before, we get the crowds we do because we're one of the worst teams in professional Scottish football. I don't know if it's still the case, but I remember a few years ago somebody saying that the majority of season ticket-holders were from Cumbernauld.

The problem with Broadwood isn't that it's in Cumbernauld (ok, Cumbernauld isn't in Glasgow, but it's not far, plus it's full of Glasgow people) or even that it's too big: it's simply that we don't own it. If going to Shettleston helps in some way then fine, but let's not pretend that it's because of Cumbernauld, and let's not just jump into some decrepit junior ground in a rush to escape big, bad Broadwood.

Broadwood/Cumbernauld is a shitehole. Accept it.

Fed up hearing this pish. We havent done anything(Cheap season tix.Stands in Asda and Town centre.Free school tix. To name just a few)

May i just add not one supporters bus has ran consistant from cumbernauld on its own since we moved in 20odd year ago. Cumbernauld didnt embrace clyde its a fact,Dry your eyes n move on girls,Been overtalked about & please dont let it ruin another thread

Fed up hearing this pish. We havent done anything(Cheap season tix.Stands in Asda and Town centre.Free school tix. To name just a few)

May i just add not one supporters bus has ran consistant from cumbernauld on its own since we moved in 20odd year ago. Cumbernauld didnt embrace clyde its a fact,Dry your eyes n move on girls,Been overtalked about & please dont let it ruin another thread

Good well f**k off back to where you came from. Oh that's right you've nowhere to go.

It takes time to build these things regardless of where we move to. There is nowhere we could move to that will have supporters buses running the day after we get there and I think everyone agrees we would have to do more than we did when we moved to Cumbernauld.

No matter where we move there's still no reason to BLAME Cumbernauld for our own woeful position and that was what was being referred to. It's wrong and pretty stupid considering we haven't even left yet and have nowhere else to go.

Yes, let's not ruin another thread but a bit embarrassing referring to Cumbernauld as a shithole in comparison to Shettleston...

The pitch was to be rotated and 3 g installed new stand was built at club end and most of existing terrace cleared. Sports scotland requested pitch be left as is for them to help assist with funding then on back of this Gcc came in with offer to relocate club. I beleive that option is now gone and club back to drawing board. I take exception to ground being referred to as a shit hole as it would have been a tidy park of it wasn't for officialdom interference. Now road is clear for club to move on wether that's with clyde or not I couldn't say. I will say again could be a good move for both clubs on several fronts if so called officialdom don't throw a few scanners in works. Getting back to shit hole comment and not looking to offend decent clyde fans, to the poster at least it's our shit hole!

Archived