Clyde moving to Shettleston?

Aye nae bother plum gums. This would be the mighty Accies support which shifted less than 650 tickets for a playoff fixture at Easter Road, would it....and which numbered even less at the even more local Celtic Park earlier this season, would it....and numbered less than 100 at both Inverness and Ross County, would it..... i find a bit strange that this sleeping giant of the 1970s would find itself subject to takeover by an allegedly much smaller fish from the same era....throw Ronnie Mac into any argument you like LTL, him, Maitland and even Reid (not to mention the countless ex Clyde players who ended up at NDP) have said both in private and in public the best support they ever had, and the one thing they'd have taken from Clyde, was ours. RMacD was even on Off the Ball recently gushing like a schoolgirl at how overwhelmed he was, right until the last, with the backing and knowledge shown by Clyde support. More discreetly, he enjoys a right pop at the Accies numbers which he says 'are just a load of silly witless bampots who know nothing about their club or the game in general'. One mans Freddie Shepherd, etc. He's right though.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parting shot will be that any time I was at Shawfield I don't remember there being any aggro, because we always outnumbered you

:lol: Now I know you're at the wind up. I got a goldfish when I managed to spot an Accies fan at Shawfield one day

Well aware of that. My parting shot will be that any time I was at Shawfield I don't remember there being any aggro, because we always outnumbered you and there were not so many grounds where the Accies away support would do that. Can even remember being there one time (given you were the easy lower division senior option to get to from the Hamilton area if the Accies game was postponed) when the same could be said for the visiting busload of Brechin City supporters where your huge enclosure was concerned. Again though, best of luck with the move to Shettleston and hope people do actually support you regularly in Glasgow this time around.

Lol. That's a belter. When have Hamilton ever had a traveling support worth noting?

You must have been full of El-D that day.

:lol: Now I know you're at the wind up. I got a goldfish when I managed to spot an Accies fan at Shawfield one day

accies fan at shawfield ? thats right up there with the yeti ,bigfoot and the loch ness monster :1eye

Thats actually one of my first memories of the place....they were wearing a light blue/dark blue Forfar-style kit, am i right?? Seem to recall either an impromptu lap of honour or civilian disturbance at the end....

Correct. We'd made our point by half time then just allowed them to enjoy the rest of the day with their Vauxhall Chevette load of supporters

Well aware of that. My parting shot will be that any time I was at Shawfield I don't remember there being any aggro, because we always outnumbered you and there were not so many grounds where the Accies away support would do that. Can even remember being there one time (given you were the easy lower division senior option to get to from the Hamilton area if the Accies game was postponed) when the same could be said for the visiting busload of Brechin City supporters where your huge enclosure was concerned. Again though, best of luck with the move to Shettleston and hope people do actually support you regularly in Glasgow this time around.

Are you for real ??? take your head out your arse idiot.

This will almost be as good as the last April fool Billy and Ronnie played on you.

You remember it? We took your manager, coaching staff, youth set up (including million pound sale xox) and players.

We remember it well, everything has been built on the foundation. Cheers Clyde :lol:

Did ye, aye. In that order, did ye, aye. The events may be accurate but none of them happened at the same time you fifty year old virgin. Try again.

Oh my, does it still hurt. Does it still hurt that you bent over and took it from the Accies. :lol:

Archived