Kennie Young

jazzy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM sent to Cantona, I know you are online. Perhaps you would like to answer it.

I will state on here for all to see that if you do answer it, that the full content and your identity will remain personal between you and me.

I would just like some clarity.

Kennie,

If you feel comfortable with yourself with the Kilwinning saga of last season and the protest recently why come on to explain in an open forum?

No disrespect to anybody on this forum but can I ask the following question to you.

Why make it public?

Would secretary's at other junior clubs come on to this site to explain his actions?

George Morton of Cumnock or Henry Dummigan of the Talbot would not have lowered themselves to air their views on the stuff they have been through.

It would be better if you feel so frustrated on what has happened to speak to the club or clubs concerned to get it off your chest and not air it on here.

I wish you the best of health for the future and hopefully you can enjoy the break away from organising every detail on the running of a junior club.

Kennie I feel very sorry that all of this has affected your health. Your health and your family come first. I do hope that Lugar manage to form a committee on Sunday. From what I can gather there is a chance they will see the season out and then fold. It would be sad to see this. I am going to the Buffs game today but will keep in contact.Tell Jane that I am asking for her.

Kennie,

If you feel comfortable with yourself with the Kilwinning saga of last season and the protest recently why come on to explain in an open forum?

No disrespect to anybody on this forum but can I ask the following question to you.

Why make it public?

Would secretary's at other junior clubs come on to this site to explain his actions?

George Morton of Cumnock or Henry Dummigan of the Talbot would not have lowered themselves to air their views on the stuff they have been through.

It would be better if you feel so frustrated on what has happened to speak to the club or clubs concerned to get it off your chest and not air it on here.

I wish you the best of health for the future and hopefully you can enjoy the break away from organising every detail on the running of a junior club.

My initial post explains my reasons. There were so many half truths and downright lies being levied against myself, my club and Lugar's management team. I wanted to set the record straight. Whether people accept it or not will be down to them. The club concerned have already made their position clear regarding myself so I don't think a direct contact would be of benefit.

I am a great believer in Pie and Bovril and that it can be and should be used as a method of communication between clubs, associations and fans.

There is no doubt that there is a lot of absolute drivel, petty point scoring and in some cases actual abuse. But if you can sift through all the silt, sometimes a little nugget can be found. I just wish the people in power could sometimes have a look at that little nugget and see if they could turn it into something worthwhile for the benefit of Junior football.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Kennie

Kennie I feel very sorry that all of this has affected your health. Your health and your family come first. I do hope that Lugar manage to form a committee on Sunday. From what I can gather there is a chance they will see the season out and then fold. It would be sad to see this. I am going to the Buffs game today but will keep in contact.Tell Jane that I am asking for her.

Thanks for your best wishes. Do me a favour post a photo of Abbey park around 2pm. Maybe that'll satisfy Cantona.

Hes not secretary of lugar any more , so your Point is not valid. Reading this thread he comes across as a very decent chap who worked wonders to keep club alive at times .Havent read 1 bad post from anybody at lugar ,supporters, , players , com, other teams , after all the hard work the guys done for years its abit sad 1team seems to Have a chip on there shoulder about the guy .you keep yir head held high kennie "the club in question dont even seem to like one another"

For f**k sake give the guy a break. He comes on citing ill health is the reason for standing down and there's a still a couple of dobbers havin a go.

Never met you Kennie but a few of the winton lads say youre a Crackin guy. Take it easy and good luck for the future.

I think this should be an end of this thread. Kennie has been brave enough to come on the thread to explain the

health circumstances of him resigning at Lugar. Any other factors he does not need to explain to anybody other thanhis committee. Kennie has provided great service to Lugar Boswell Thistle. It will be very difficult to replace him Unfashionable clubs or clubs from the outskirts of the main players need guys like him who will dedicate a sizable

part of his life to a club and at time for no reward other than community pride in their town or village.

Kennie has served the Associations in Ayrshire, the West Region and at National level and therefore has served all

clubs at all levels. This itself requires dedication to serve, but it also comes with responsibility to uphold the

articles and rules of the Association and this is why he made a decision last year.

Sadly for Kilwinning a previous person had not followed through on paperwork, but secretary's need to work hard to

keep up to registration rules.

Sandy and his team at the SFA are always helpful in answering questions.

Kennie and I may have had disagreements but these were resolved with a discussion and a shake of the hand. If he is ever up at Winton Park he will be made welcome.

Lastly with all this free time on his hands he maybe have time for a haircut. Good luck Kennie and stay healthy.

You know who I am.

You never know how any man will react until he is shat upon.

Kennie has always come on here and given his views.why should it be different now ?

Archived