• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Blue-Toon

Steve Paterson

Yes.

There are many other ways to enjoy the Highlands and the North without having to watch football. I'm sincerely hoping we're still in the league next season. Not looking very likely at present, though.

Uncomfortable read but a "must read". You cannot take away what he has achieved as a manager. Supercaleygoballisticcelticareattrocious. Viduka, Wright, Moravcik top top players and they were gubbed. Great lad with demons. I wish him well.

If it wasn't for Steve Paterson I don't think Caley would exist, we'd have gone bankrupt. He took over at a very fractious time post-merger and built at least two, possibly three, great teams (3rd division team, 2nd division/SuperCaleyGoBallistic team and the team we had when he left) and played fantastic football. Every season he was our manager we finished top goalscorers in our league, just about. So many legends of our club were down to him - Jim Calder, Richard Hastings, Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Bobby Mann, Russell Duncan, Roy McBain, Paul Cherry, Miek Teasdale, Barry Robson, Barry Wilson, Ian Stewart, Paul Ritchie, Dennis Wyness, Brian Thomson.

During his final months with us (when his life was falling to pieces through gambling and alcoholism) we played the best football I think I've ever seen from us. You'd turn up every week knowing that we'd probably score five goals.

I fucking love the man.

If it wasn't for Steve Paterson I don't think Caley would exist, we'd have gone bankrupt. He took over at a very fractious time post-merger and built at least two, possibly three, great teams (3rd division team, 2nd division/SuperCaleyGoBallistic team and the team we had when he left) and played fantastic football. Every season he was our manager we finished top goalscorers in our league, just about. So many legends of our club were down to him - Jim Calder, Richard Hastings, Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Bobby Mann, Russell Duncan, Roy McBain, Paul Cherry, Miek Teasdale, Barry Robson, Barry Wilson, Ian Stewart, Paul Ritchie, Dennis Wyness, Brian Thomson.

During his final months with us (when his life was falling to pieces through gambling and alcoholism) we played the best football I think I've ever seen from us. You'd turn up every week knowing that we'd probably score five goals.

I fucking love the man.

But would you take him back as your manager?

In his book, Paterson describes a time when he involved himself with a nefarious character

His cohort in their adventure, which I think involved either copper or lead, tried to drown him in a river pool.

With his what was left of his strength and a will fortified by adrenaline, Steve broke free and run for his life.

I don't think he's stopped running since.

Perhaps he has forever been chasing that adolescent high.

His life is a Bruce Springsteen song in 3d, with surround sound at the imax.

Steve Paterson, the outlaw, the outsider, the Cash like figure who in my eyes needs no redemption, will always be revered.

I think Ian Polworth should be the new Formartine manger !!!! Please comment! !

You can fcuk right off with that kind of talk, Ian. You're far too good for these Pitmedden swamp dwellers. Stay at Clach until you get a decent offer.

Bumped into Stevie in a boozer when he was peterhead manager. Was absolutely shitfaced, top bloke tho. :thumsup2:cheers

Used to regularly see him in the Ben Aigan when I used to live in Mosstodloch

I used to see him alot in the Garmouth Hotel. Only seen him sober a couple of times, once offered me £100 to be his son because he didnt have one. I declined the offer. Good guy who let alcohol get the better of him.

Edited by JasonElgin

Bumped into Stevie in a boozer when he was peterhead manager. Was absolutely shitfaced, top bloke tho. :thumsup2:cheers

What kind of nick were you in, if you were doing the bumping in?

His book was an interesting read, fine lad that unfortunately has never been able to overcome his afflictions. Hopefully he gets well enough to carry out his day job.

It won't be Polworth.

It will, however, most likely be his Shire equivalent, Kris Hunter.

Correct.

Evening Express 30/03/15:

FORMARTINE United this afternoon won their fight to make Kris Hunter their new manager.

The Pitmedden club have agreed a compensation deal with Fraserburgh for Hunter, who won three trophies in his four seasons in charge of the Buchan club.

Hunter succeeds Steve Paterson, who left North Lodge Park earlier this month following a run of disappointing results.

He made it clear he was moving on when he said his farewells to the Fraserburgh players at the weekend, before the clubs had agreed on a compensation.

Hunter will be unveiled as Formartine’s new boss at a press conference within the next 24 hours.