Steve Paterson

Blue-Toon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any reason/rumour why he left?

Preferably rumour, they are much more interesting than facts.

I think it's just boring old football. Their sugar daddy's ensured they're one of the best funded teams in the league but they've had an awful season. Getting pumped by lowly Huntly at the weekend was the last straw. On the the other hand he may have got rat arsed and was caught pumping the Chairman's missus in the Social Club bogs. Take your pick.

Speculation in the Evening Express about Paterson's replacement:

FORMARTINE United today confirmed they will be stepping up their efforts to appoint a new manager at the start of next week.

Chairman Atholl Cadger admitted he’s surprised to have already been linked with a move for Fraserburgh boss Kris Hunter.

Veteran Dons midfielder Barry Robson and Gothenburg Great Neale Cooper were the names banded about by the rumour mongers when I was at Turriff last night. But Cadger insists they have yet to identify the man they want to succeed Steve Paterson, who left United at the weekend.

f**k saké.

He received £30k equivalent in cash severance when he had to retire out in Japan and blew at all that night at Tokyo racecourse. He also won the Kirin Cup long before Scotland, he scored twice as Yomuri beat Uruguay.

Nowt to do with steve paterson.Anyone tell me what like a ground etc Brora rangers have?Looks like we could be playin them in a play off.......great!Do they want in the sfl......

Brora don't want in, according to all rumours, although it would be nice if they actually came out and confirmed that.

I'm told teams are only entered into the play offs if they meet the criteria. Brora currently don't meet the criteria because of floodlights and one or two other things. It seems that they won't try very hard to rectify that. The only thing is that the pyramid really is very much a pet project of the SFA / Regan, it was an important element in the SPL / SFL merger, and Brora will likely face considerable pressure from the authorities to take part. The credibility of an embyonic pyramid system is at stake.

That means we will face Edinburgh City, if it really is true that Brora don't want in. Edinburgh tried to get in twice under the old election system, in the last 15 years, and they meet all criteria.

On topic, it makes me very sad to hear about Steve Paterson. A top manager and a decent player in his day, and another sad chapter in the "horrible addictions destroy productive lives" almanac.

Brora don't want in, according to all rumours, although it would be nice if they actually came out and confirmed that.

I'm told teams are only entered into the play offs if they meet the criteria. Brora currently don't meet the criteria because of floodlights and one or two other things. It seems that they won't try very hard to rectify that. The only thing is that the pyramid really is very much a pet project of the SFA / Regan, it was an important element in the SPL / SFL merger, and Brora will likely face considerable pressure from the authorities to take part. The credibility of an embyonic pyramid system is at stake.

That means we will face Edinburgh City, if it really is true that Brora don't want in. Edinburgh tried to get in twice under the old election system, in the last 15 years, and they meet all criteria.

On topic, it makes me very sad to hear about Steve Paterson. A top manager and a decent player in his day, and another sad chapter in the "horrible addictions destroy productive lives" almanac.

If you lose the play off will you be playing in the Highland League? I drove from Inverness to Montrose for the Falkirk cup game last year, wouldn't fancy doing that too often. But I suppose you'd have all the shire games to balance it out. You might enjoy it! I go to a lot of the Clach away games, it's a great way to see the Highlands and the North.

Archived