Who would you vote for if you lived elsewhere?

BissigWelpen

If you lived outside Scotland, for whom would you vote in the General Election  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Iived in Scotland or Wales I'd have to do more research into the SNP/Plaid Cymru to decide whether to vote for them or Labour, maybe Green if they had a chance.

If I lived in Northern Ireland I'd vote Sinn Fein on the basis that they don't take their seats so that's one less crazy religious fundamentalist bigot in Westminster if they get elected.

If I don't like the look of any of the candidates I would draw another box at the bottom of the paper & write in below the last name somebody I would like to vote for, I once put Morrissey, if that helps? He didn't win, not enough folk of my ilk did the same, shame really.

Grimbo

If I don't like the look of any of the candidates I would draw another box at the bottom of the paper & write in below the last name somebody I would like to vote for, I once put Morrissey, if that helps? He didn't win, not enough folk of my ilk did the same, shame really.

Grimbo

Yeah, a Britain in which meat was banned would be loads of fun...

Yeah, a Britain in which meat was banned would be loads of fun...

Yeah I thought so too, Bully you'd have to change your name though to a quorn based moniker, unless you are the none meat bully, like the headmaster type, that would give you a slap for asking & another for not asking?

Grimbo

Conservative b4 the referendum, don't know now as I'm seriously detesting Westminster and it's broken system of Government.

How do you feel about Ruth Davidson and the Scottish Conservatives? The feeling I get from most Yes voters is that they're a lot more respected then Labour and the Libbies

Genuine question for those of you down South, isn't there an English equivalent to the SNP/Plaid that wants English independence (and by extension, Scottish independence)?

I think the English Democrats see themselves as the English equivalent to the SNP. Absolute nobodies, though.

I'm in England and it's a pretty grim choice. I could vote Green although I'm in a seat where a regained deposit would be a stonking night for them. I'm in a seat where Labour have around a 10% lead over the Tories so are likely to hold it.

I'll never vote Labour or Lib Dem in my life. So I'm left with the option of voting Green, voting Tory in the vain hope of maybe giving Labour a poke in the eye or voting UKIP for a laugh.

Great.

How do you feel about Ruth Davidson and the Scottish Conservatives? The feeling I get from most Yes voters is that they're a lot more respected then Labour and the Libbies

Not really. I think that like the Greens they benefit from the knowledge that they're not going to be in power, so they don't come under the same scrutiny as the SNP or Labour; and it means they can be a lot more open with their answers.

Equally, Ruth Davidson seems to have earned lots of praise without ever having been put under real pressure, which is when the holes start appearing (cf Wendy Alexander). I wouldn't rate her any higher than Goldie, certainly.

(I know my argument kind of falls down with Willie Rennie, but still...)

Not really. I think that like the Greens they benefit from the knowledge that they're not going to be in power, so they don't come under the same scrutiny as the SNP or Labour; and it means they can be a lot more open with their answers.

Equally, Ruth Davidson seems to have earned lots of praise without ever having been put under real pressure, which is when the holes start appearing (cf Wendy Alexander). I wouldn't rate her any higher than Goldie, certainly.

(I know my argument kind of falls down with Willie Rennie, but still...)

I like Rennie. Think he's a well intentioned guy who stands up for what he believes in. It's just no one listens to him as he represents a fringe party

Archived