Ireland away - June 2015

paul-r-cfc

We do have younger players coming through though, would expect Armstrong, Jack and Mackay-Steven all to feature in the next 12-18 months. Decent chance of Gauld making the step up soon. Even Griffiths is still only 24, despite looking more like 44.

All good players but they are, what, 22, 23, 24 (Gauld being the exception)? They're not really kids.

Its frustrating to see other international squads sprinkled with 19-21 year olds and us still raving about Andy Robertson as if we're the first country to ever select someone under 22.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More of this and get right into these c***s.

It's amazing how Maloney has transformed himself into a key player for us in the last couple of years.

Same age as McFadden, but as good as he's ever been.

Tremendous goal, worthy of winning any game. Hopefully we can show the same quality tomorrow, I'm confident enough in our defensive ability to grind out a result.

Quite nervous at the same time though

Glorious.

That touch by Broony :wub:

Whittaker doing a Steven MacLean on the corner flag 8)

That finish...:wub:8)

"seasoned 100 cap internationals"

The key to success eh

No, but the it gives a squad a chance of cohesiveness for a decade or so and might allow us to build something more than a journeyman outfit. The way Scotland operate we often have umpteen guys thrown 10-15 caps in their late twenties to 'do a job for us'. I know it's out of necessity in many cases but it sometimes makes the national side look very patchwork and fragile in its makeup.

Had a dream last night that we won 5-0. We scored a lucky goal then the rest were just because ROI were throwing men forward.

Needless to say I was gutted when I woke up. Can always dream eh?

Archived