'The Snip'

When the conversation comes up, will you be putting yourself in the man or the shitebag category?

I'll definitely be in the shitebag category and ave already got my excuses lined up thank you very much.

Any man who claims not to be a shitebag at the thought of someone taking a knife to the balls is a liar

Aye but they still man the f**k up an get it done.

No-one is claiming its a fucking bag of laughs but 'no pain, no gain' n all that.

Psychology, which I'm sure you know covers the endocrine system and how hormones affect our behaviour.

And were you absent for that lecture? I only ask because you don't seem to have grasped all the implications of the implant. Rather, you just stated anecdotal evidence based on a couple of people you spoke to.

So would you rather your partner got the rod than you going through getting the snip? Yes or no?

At my age, yes; I'm 20 for f**k sake. :lol:

My question in regards to the side effects of the rod affecting older women have been ignored, so it seems these side effects must affect every female who gets the rod, and not ones past the age of 35. :rolleyes:

Edited by DonnieDarko

And were you absent for that lecture? I only ask because you don't seem to have grasped all the implications of the implant. Rather, you just stated anecdotal evidence based on a couple of people you spoke to.

Why aren't you addressing the age question I've posed? Is it going to affect every female? Or just ones who have got it renewed 3 or 4 times?

Seeing as there's unlikely to be a Mrs. RN#4 (or even any sort of sexual relations with the opposite gender) due to my advancing age, this is not an issue I'm ever going to have to consider.

Why aren't you addressing the age question I've posed? Is it going to affect every female? Or just ones who have got it renewed 3 or 4 times?

What's age got to do with it?

No, it won't affect everyone, in the same way a vasectomy won't have complications for everyone. Some women cannot tolerate hormone therapy at all for any length of time, some will never have problems, however we do know that the longer such therapies are used, the greater the risks become.

Seeing as there's unlikely to be a Mrs. RN#4 (or even any sort of sexual relations with the opposite gender) due to my advancing age, this is not an issue I'm ever going to have to consider.

If you're after a sympathy shag chief I think you're looking in the wrong place.

Obviously every man is going to fucking hate the idea of a scalpel near his baws. I'd still hope that most aren't utter shitebags who would force their partners to get something with the potential major risks to health like the rod.

Who is "forcing" anybody to do anything?

As far as I'm aware women can't have children after they have menopause and this occurs between 40 and 60. So the affected stage is basically from whenever you decide to stop having kids (Most likely some point in the late 30's, if not later) up until the woman goes through her menopause.

Is that stage really too long for condoms and/or the pill to be an option?

Or you could just not have sex with each other.

Straight choice between me letting a trained, skilled surgeon take a scalpel to my baws and me suffering discomfort for 7-10 days, and never fathering any more kids which I was entirely comfortable with.

Or, Mrs Ranter, the woman that I love and a brilliant mother to our kids, chemically altering the balance of her body for years on end, and doing herself who knows what long-term damage.

While I felt some trepidation on the day (like you do before ANY surgery), the decision itself was a no-brainer.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Who is "forcing" anybody to do anything?

As far as I'm aware women can't have children after they have menopause and this occurs between 40 and 60. So the affected stage is basically from whenever you decide to stop having kids (Most likely some point in the late 30's, if not later) up until the woman goes through her menopause.

Is that stage really too long for condoms and/or the pill to be an option?

Or you could just not have sex with each other.

What the f**k's wrong with you?

Its one of the few benefits of marriage.

What's age got to do with it?

No, it won't affect everyone, in the same way a vasectomy won't have complications for everyone. Some women cannot tolerate hormone therapy at all for any length of time, some will never have problems, however we do know that the longer such therapies are used, the greater the risks become.

Right, so the age you start using the contraceptive implant won't potentially impact its usefulness? :lol:

So, your last part of the post; if a female takes gaps between their renewal, say 2 years between every 4 year implant, are the risks reduced or not? :rolleyes:

Burning my bellend on the iron was more pleasant than the snip procedure.

One plus point was all the pus/blood I could squeeze out of the wound when it was healing - I like all that stuff.

Isn't ladies' love of the rod the point of this whole thread anyway?

At my age, yes; I'm 20 for f**k sake. :lol:

My question in regards to the side effects of the rod affecting older women have been ignored, so it seems these side effects must affect every female who gets the rod, and not ones past the age of 35. :rolleyes:

I clearly meant once you get to the stage where you don't want kids, not right now, and you knew it.

As for the age thing, obviously the longer its used the more dangerous it gets but a girl in my year at school got the rod at age 17 and the effects it had on her were fairly horrendous. I wouldn't risk putting someone I loved through that, and in my opinion anyone who would rather that than have a vasectomy is a selfish shitebag.

Straight choice between me letting a trained, skilled surgeon take a scalpel to my baws and me suffering discomfort for 7-10 days, and never fathering any more kids which I was entirely comfortable with.

Or, Mrs Ranter, the woman that I love and a brilliant mother to our kids, chemically altering the balance of her body for years on end, and doing herself who knows what long-term damage.

While I felt some trepidation on the day (like you do before ANY surgery), the decision itself was a no-brainer.

Bingo. Not a shitebag.