'The Snip'

Actually, it's not really a dilemma. It's me just getting told that if I want to get my Nat king again then that's what's got to happen. I'm too young to give up shagging!!!

You can get help with domestic abuse, you shouldn't have to put up with it just because you're a man

The wife has been told by her doctor that I need to get the snip if we want to avoid having any more kids. Apparently 'getting off at Haymarket' doesn't medically constitute birth control.

The thought of having this done makes we want to cry. Like really cry. Having someone tugging at my nuts terrifies me. I can't even watch animals getting castrated on the tv without wincing.

Am i making too much of this and need to man up?

Get off at Haymarket, and hope it's a dry day. The walk can be nice, if you know what I mean.

Are there not quite a lot of potential side effects with the rod?

Yes, lots.

Female sterilization is a much bigger procedure with longer recovery and increased chance of complications, not least because it's a general anaesthetic rather than a local.

In other words, man the f**k up. Strap on a pair of bollocks... actually, er, forget that last bit.

I got it at 30 as I was quite content with the way our wee family turned out with a boy and girl. The doctor at the consultation gave me the cheery scenario of my family being run over by a bus to make sure I'd considered everything but the wife got pregnant twice when on the pill so it was the logical solution to cut off supply.

The producers of Terminator 2 actually studied footage of my spunk joining up again after it'd been splaffed everywhere so they could perfect the effects for the T-1000.

The nurse assigned to talk to me (read: keep my mind off things) noted I had gone a queer green colour, and could we have some more anaesthetic please? Haha oh how I can laugh now looking back.

Sounds like you had the same nurse as I had, unless Forth Valley nurses get training on how to make their patients worse rather than better.

Only real men let someone else cut into their scrotum with a knife.

This

the testicles were removed and replaced with surgical steel ones. Only problem with that is I have to wear jockstraps to stop them clacking as I walk.

you must have a hoot at the airport.

I got it done after my 3rd kid. Found it hilarious when the surgeon held up the wee blue square with the circular hole cut in the middle that he placed over my bits. Was a pretty small hole, unfortunately :unsure: The op itself is a doddle.

As said before, the week after is a bit of a trial, I normally go commando, so the thought of wearing Y's didn't float my boat, and I thought I'd just tuff it out. My mind changed the first time I tried to move after the anesthetic wore off. jeebus.

I hit the peak of pain the day I sat on the edge of the bed to put my socks on, not realising that one nut was under my arse, and I sat on it. F**k, that was sore. :shutup

Yes, lots.

Female sterilization is a much bigger procedure with longer recovery and increased chance of complications, not least because it's a general anaesthetic rather than a local.

In other words, man the f**k up. Strap on a pair of bollocks... actually, er, forget that last bit.

^^^Evil bigoted propaganda

It can be a fairly minor operation, with many women returning home the same day.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception-guide/pages/female-sterilisation.aspx

Actually, did any of you guys who've had it done succumb to the pressure to have counselling beforehand?

I was pressured and pressured and one day a counsellor actually phoned me at home, despite me telling them millions of times before that I didn't want counselling.

"But what will you do if you have the op and then one of your children die?" was the question she asked me. I just replied that I wouldn't be chasing a sticking-plaster replacement. jeebus x2.