'The Snip'

I still get the odd wee twinge of 'something no quite right' in the exact spot where they cut me, but it never lasts for more than a few minutes and then disappears for months on end.

Worst bit by far was the needle in the barse. My bruising was also quite spectacular, but totally painless as it's obviously just blood running into tissue rather than actual damage to the tissue itself. It was all down one side though, which I initially put down to the fact that the surgeon didn't swap over to do the left hand side and stayed to my right throughout. I found that a bit odd at the time but didn't say anything, because it seems to  me that it would be common sense, and easier to 'mirror' the procedure by walking to the other side of me, but meh, I don't butcher people's gonads for a living. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Found my old post (2014) from when I got mine done. I had forgotten almost all of this. 

On 01/04/2014 at 11:10, scottsdad said:

OK, so on Saturday morning I went in for my vasectomy. In terms of what happened and so on, I think it would be right for me just to be straight and honest.

Arrived at the hospital on tine (8.30 on Saturday morning). The nurse told my wife I'd be 45 mins to an hour, so the wife went shopping and left me to it. Got changed in to a gown and then a nurse took me to a room to ask me some basic questions (have you eaten today, have you had diarrhea in the last week, have you ever had scrotum surgery, etc.). Then back to the waiting room for a while before being taken in.

In the room was a bed I hopped up on. The doctor, Mr Taylor, went over a few things (it's irreversible, you may experience bruising or swelling, it may get infected, etc.). Then I lay back and it started. One nurse covered me in iodine (stomach, legs, twig and berries - all over). Two nurses stayed at the top end to talk to me while the doctor and other nurse went to work.

Mr Taylor strated on the right. He felt around for the tubes and injected the anaesthetic. Like the dentist, this was the worst bit - a wee scratch. I felt a little tugging in the groin as he worked, but the two nurses did a good job of keeping my mind off it. At one stage I looked down and saw him putting in the stitches.

Then he moved to the other side and same again, the sore jab. This time, though, it was sore when he started work so I needed a top up of the anaesthetic. Squirming in my seat now thinking about that. It was the worst bit. All in all, took about 10 minutes each side. Then they cleaned me up, put a swab over the bawbag and left me for 10 minutes. A nurse brought me a cup of coffee and I sat waiting. Then the nurse checked my wounds and I got dressed and could leave. All in all 1 hour 10 minutes, of which 20 were spent having it done.

I felt absolutely fine afterwards. Left the hospital with my wife and we even did a little shopping. About 2 hours later the aching started and I took some ibuprofen. For the rest of the weekend, and even now, I was a little slow to move. It was sorest when I bent down or bent back.

I got a letter home with me and have to produce a "sample" in 12 weeks. The letter states, in black and white, "you should have intercourse as often as possible to expel any remaining sperm". I showed my wife this letter, and tonight will frame it above the bed.

Sunday morning the wife woke me up to see if things were functioning. Then came the most pathetic excuse for sex ever. It was painful to thrust or move, and I had to set the really slow pace. Like mice having sex I suppose, and I was genuinely worried about finishing. I needn't have been though. Plumbing works fine. Once the sore nuts subsides business as normal will resume.

So all in all, the procedure was fine, most of saturday was fine. Sunday was like this:

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I still get the odd wee twinge of 'something no quite right' in the exact spot where they cut me, but it never lasts for more than a few minutes and then disappears for months on end.

I still get this occasionally, and in fact had about 20 minutes of discomfort this morning. Soon passed, though, and will no doubt be a while before it happens again. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NathanDrake88 said:

3 sleeps until the big day, to say I’m completely shiting myself is an understatement.

Apart from the numbing injection, tube pulling, smell of burning flesh, and the initial god-awful pain and swelling when the anaesthetic wears off, followed by around a week of discomfort - it's absolutely shooty in.

Honestly, mine was fine and a bit of pain and discomfort is to be expected when mutilating probably the most sensitive part of your entire body. There does seem to be a disproportionate number of horror stories on this thread, as I'd imagine the vast majority of procedures go well. Either many of the 'P&B Jaffa Club' have been unlucky, or they're massive wusses... (Although, admittedly, some of the stories are very obviously true and I'm helluva glad they're not how mine panned out).

Best of luck my man, you'll be grand!!.

23 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Apart from the numbing injection, tube pulling, smell of burning flesh, and the initial god-awful pain and swelling when the anaesthetic wears off, followed by around a week of discomfort - it's absolutely shooty in.

Honestly, mine was fine and a bit of pain and discomfort is to be expected when mutilating probably the most sensitive part of your entire body. There does seem to be a disproportionate number of horror stories on this thread, as I'd imagine the vast majority of procedures go well. Either many of the 'P&B Jaffa Club' have been unlucky, or they're massive wusses... (Although, admittedly, some of the stories are very obviously true and I'm helluva glad they're not how mine panned out).

Best of luck my man, you'll be grand!!.

A mate of mine reminded me today about his a few years ago…telling me it felt like fire was injected into his baws 😂🤦‍♂️

Thanks mate, I’m sure it will be a scoosh

20 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

3 sleeps until the big day, to say I’m completely shiting myself is an understatement.

Frozen peas. Nothing like them for properly contouring to the necessary position, IF you make sure to whack the bag about to loosen them up first.

Edited by TxRover

On the "number of horror stories", I looked into this after mine. 15% of people who get the snip experience some sort of issue afterwards. So, 85% of people are fine. 

I was one of the 15% but it has all settled down now. 

19 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Got mine 2 weeks ago and with the exception of the initial jab i never really felt a thing other than a bit of tugging.

Its been a bit tender but manageable. I had a have a disposable stich put in and that has prolonged my discomfort.

Only just "came across" this thread...........fucking hell lads, it sounds like a breeze 😬.

Injection into your bawsack, some guy taking a scalpel to your bawsack, pulling "gently" as he ties the tubes together then burning your baws with a red hot poker is it?

Fuck Off Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

19 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Only just "came across" this thread...........fucking hell lads, it sounds like a breeze 😬.

Injection into your bawsack, some guy taking a scalpel to your bawsack, pulling "gently" as he ties the tubes together then burning your baws with a red hot poker is it?

Fuck Off Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

Basically…2 injections though, one into each tube 😰