'The Snip'

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Good to see this thread come back. I've not given an update in ages. 

I was on 1800 mg of gabapentin every day and the pain in my right baw caused by Dr Leatherface had pretty much gone. My GP phoned me about 8 months ago and she wanted me to reduce the amount as it is addictive. She told me to slowly reduce it as far as it'll go before the pain gets bad again. So I cut down to 1500, 1200....and so on. Three months ago I was taking a single 100mg tablet at night and was experiencing no pain (absolutely none). I thought, f**k it, and stopped taking it altogether. 

Since then I've had a couple of aches in those three months but that's all. The GP says that this isn't unusual, and at some stage the pain might start up again. But for now I'm taking no prescription drugs at all, for the first time in years. 

• 1 year later...

Mine was about 4-5 specimens over 18 months or so before I got the 'all clear'. Think I had a minor complication. Sperm Granuloma, because there was a small but distinct lump at the site of one of the incisions for the duration of the time I was returning positive samples, and as soon as that disappeared my samples were clear. It also causes one other revolting side effect that I'm not getting into here, suffice to say though, my mrs isn't squeamish and even she was 🤢

1 hour ago, NathanDrake88 said:

So glad I searched for this thread a few weeks before my “procedure”…anyone else care to share their experiences 

Simple, in patient in office (U.S. version, UK may vary), sit down, doc injects…surprisingly no pain…wait a bit, nip, burn and tuck using titanium clips. The only unpleasant bit, besides the whole thing, was the smell as he burnt the ends plus a little fluttery stomach as he fished the lines out to cut/burn. Truss it up for a week, and be careful. Couple of samples in the following months and you’re  a straight shooter.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

A pal of mine remarried after having the snip. New wife wanted kids and he had to endure a reversal. Said it was absolutely horrific pain. 

Should have stored some in the freezer before the snip.

@NathanDrake88  there’s thousands that have had it done. It’s only those that get a tough time that drag up the stories. Got mine done 10 years ago, wee bit of complication* at the time that is now but a speck in the rear view mirror. Never been a hint of trouble since. Just get on with it man! 

Spoiler

* it was fucking horrific chief. Pm me and I’ll fill in the full gory detail. 🤣

3 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

All very nice experiences, can’t wait now 

As documented earlier in the thread, my experience was a breeze.

No complications, minimal pain, except the once when I accidentally scudded my bawsack while wiping my arse. Delicate sack for a week, some spectacular colours while the bruising healed, pretty easy experience all in.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Should have stored some in the freezer before the snip.

At the time of the snip his then wife wanted no more kids. 
I guess the freezer was used for food products instead. 😂 

After he had a kid with his new wife she asked him to get the snip once again. 

Hope he’s still with her. 

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

As documented earlier in the thread, my experience was a breeze.

No complications, minimal pain, except the once when I accidentally scudded my bawsack while wiping my arse. Delicate sack for a week, some spectacular colours while the bruising healed, pretty easy experience all in.

Mine was much the same. Still had a wee twinge about a year later but nothing major. 

That was over 6 years ago. It's only the horror stories you hear about, some of which I'm positive are made up