'The Snip'

I had to get the oldest to slam the anchors on as he'd always come charging towards me. Got to send my first sample in October, second in November. I'd hate to be that postie.

If it doesn't work my wife thinks I'll be going back. That will not happen and I'll stick to the 'Haymarket Method' worked for six years until we decided to have kids. If it ain't broke...

• 6 months later...

I'd ordinarily agree with you but I can see the logic in G Man and Woman's decision. I know that I will never want any more children. I got sterilised rather than my husband because I was having a section with my last but it wasn't the only reason.

My husband is 10 years younger than me. I can't handle another pregnancy, I've had four children and each time it's been harder. If my husband got hit by a bus tomorrow, that's not going to change. However, should I get hit by a bus, he's still only 26, plenty young enough to start again with someone else who might want children. He doesn't now but his mind could change.

Having read most, but not all, of the posts on this thread - some of which are quite graphic, others heartfelt - the image I am left with is of you driving a bus.

Having read most, but not all, of the posts on this thread - some of which are quite graphic, others heartfelt - the image I am left with is of you driving a bus.

I can't possibly imagine why you would arrive at that conclusion. Not even a little bit. No, sir. :whistle

Some chaps need to fcuking man up. It's sore when they inject you in the nads with the local, after that fine although the bruises can be belters.

Sod all like what the women go through at childbirth.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're in Glasgow area think you can self refer to sandyford

This is what I did. Had to go for a group meeting before the actual snip though where they gave everyone the info on what was going to happen.

At the end of the meeting the woman running it asked if there were any questions. One guy saud, "can you tell me how long it will be before, you know, i can....eh......play 5 a side again".

Need to get your priorities right eh?

After a talk with the wife, we've decided after two great boys we're done with kids. What's the best way to get this progress started?

You need to go to you gp and have a wee chat then they will refer you.

I'm currently waiting for my appointment with bruised bollocks

Once you've been to the GP, prepare yourself to be harassed to death by calls from counsellors wanting to talk to you about ensuring you really want to go through with it.

I was eventually asked "But what if one of your children die?".  If you and your wife already sure as a couple that this is what you want to do (and it sounds like it is) don't entertain any offers of referrals to a counsellor, no matter how much pressure gets put on you.

The procedure itself is the easiest part of the process.  The colour(s) that your cock'n'baws go, and having to be careful how you sit down for a week afterwards are the challenge.

Having to provide samples afterwards to ensure your blanks have been installed - legitimate wanks are just weird.

After that you never need to see Haymarket again, it's Waverly all the way!

How long roughly do you have to wait to get an appointment to get it done ?

How many days off work is needed ?

I had mine done at my local clinic on the Friday afternoon. I was back at work on the Tuesday, after taking a sickie on the Monday.

Edited by Chinese Whisperer

How long roughly do you have to wait to get an appointment to get it done ?

How many days off work is needed ?

I needed a full week. Varies from person to person only supposed to be a couple of days of tenderness but I must have had the work experience lad on scalpel duty.