'The Snip'

Fair enough, I'll go by your obvious knowledge and experience. I'd be wary as a youngish man to use it as method of contraception though unless your partner is in serious medical danger if she gets pregnant. She might dump you the next week. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

There's not many surgeons who'd do it for a young guy anyway. It can be reversible but it's intended to be permanent so it's only recommended if you're absolutely sure that you don't want more or any children. I wouldn't let my husband do it because he's 10 years younger than me and, if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, he could meet someone else. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow and I met someone else, I still wouldn't want any more kids.

:lol: I'm not allowed to take pictures in theatre (I don't work in one anymore anyway) but, in layman's terms, it involves puncturing the abdomen twice, right through each layer and inflating the cavity with carbon dioxide.

I can't wait till 20th April!

I seperated from my husband last yr. I can't use hormone based contraceptives because of my mental health issues. After nearly dying after my third I want the certainty of steralisation(or as good as). And in an unhappy coincidence my copper coil as it turned out caused pid and I spent the weekend there hooked up to an iv drip.

Oh and my current boyfriends had the snip!

There's not many surgeons who'd do it for a young guy anyway. It can be reversible but it's intended to be permanent so it's only recommended if you're absolutely sure that you don't want more or any children. I wouldn't let my husband do it because he's 10 years younger than me and, if I got hit by a bus tomorrow, he could meet someone else. If he got hit by a bus tomorrow and I met someone else, I still wouldn't want any more kids.

I was just surprised that someone said here that they had it done when they were 30ish. I don't know the circumstances though.

Just keep thinking of the drugs. Remember the drugs. :D

I was just surprised that someone said here that they had it done when they were 30ish. I don't know the circumstances though.

As he said though, he already had kids and was happy with the number of them. I can't imagine many men of that age that don't have kids would want to go through with it but then there's bound to be some.

I was 33 when I had it done but I had four boys and no plans to go through another pregnancy because I found it get harder each time. I got the usual "you're still very young for this" and "what if something happened to one of your children" but I really couldn't face another 9 months of constant pain, I want to concentrate on my career now and we're done with sleepless nights, toilet training and teething and before long, the youngest will be out of night time nappies and I will never, ever have to change another nappy again. :D

My brother-in-law had got a vasectomy done in his first marriage after having 4 kids.

My sister-in-law wanted a kid so he tried to get it reversed.

That never worked so he had to get a bit of his balls sliced and the sperm extracted from that.

It was rather painful he said. :huh:

I seperated from my husband last yr. I can't use hormone based contraceptives because of my mental health issues. After nearly dying after my third I want the certainty of steralisation(or as good as). And in an unhappy coincidence my copper coil as it turned out caused pid and I spent the weekend there hooked up to an iv drip.

Oh and my current boyfriends had the snip!

I'm 32.

Don't be too hasty, and talk to somebody.

P.S. What the fcuk do I know, ignore that.

Edited by welshbairn

Four boys?

Poor you. Your house must be a riot.

It is, and I've only got the youngest two here! The older two are teenagers and they stay with their dad. When all four of them are together though... *shudder* Actually, the eldest are great with the little ones, it's really not that bad.