'The Snip'

They're strips of plastic that are implanted under the skin of the arm which contains the hormone etonorgestrel, which of course stops you ovulating. Nothing too sinister I think.

Since you can clearly use a search engine, you should probably look a bit further into it before you decide if it's "sinister" or not.

They're strips of plastic that are implanted under the skin of the arm which contains the hormone etonorgestrel, which of course stops you ovulating. Nothing too sinister I think.

Since you can clearly use a search engine, you should probably look a bit further into it before you decide if it's "sinister" or not.

Well this thread certainly sorts out the men from the shitebags. My missus is back on the pill again but I'm pretty certain this will be coming up in conversation more and more in the next couple of years (34 with a boy n girl).

The reason I got it done was due to the length of time the wife had been on the pill. Mrs M might be able to correct me but I'm sure there can be some serious health implications for some woman who take the pill for any length of time.

The wife also claimed that being on the pill lowered her sex drive. I've now come to the conclusion after having the snip 3 years ago that this was a load of shite!

A one-off, half an hour procedure with some pain for a short while after or years of synthetic hormones causing all sorts of horrible side-effects in a great number of women before you've even considered the long-term potential health risks associated with it such as blood clots, stroke and increased risk of cancer.

The people suggesting the rod as some pain-free perfect solution that's less of a risk than the snip are either completely misinformed or are utter shitebags. The only thing that worries me about a vasectomy is the risk of long term testicle pain, which is fucking terrifying.

You can wind your neck in old timer; I've covered this in my course of my studies. I'm well aware of the LONG term risks; it gets renewed after every 4 years I believe, and I think the recommended amount of renewals is around 3 times is it not? I'm wondering if this renewal issue is more pertinent for people of an older vintage?

Edited by DonnieDarko

A one-off, half an hour procedure with some pain for a short while after or years of synthetic hormones causing all sorts of horrible side-effects in a great number of women before you've even considered the long-term potential health risks associated with it such as blood clots, stroke and increased risk of cancer.

This.

The reason I got it done was due to the length of time the wife had been on the pill. Mrs M might be able to correct me but I'm sure there can be some serious health implications for some woman who take the pill for any length of time.

The wife also claimed that being on the pill lowered her sex drive. I've now come to the conclusion after having the snip 3 years ago that this was a load of shite!

I apparently can't even make a post without killing the internet and posting the same thing three times so I'm stumped.

Yes, you are right though. There's a multitude of issues associated with long-term use of the pill and other hormone based contraceptives. I personally couldn't use the pill or the injection and I never even tried the implant for that reason.

You can wind your neck in old timer; I've covered this in my course of my studies. I'm well aware of the LONG term risks; it gets renewed after every 4 years I believe, and I think the recommended amount of renewals is around 3 times is it not? I'm wondering if this renewal issue is more pertinent for people of an older vintage?

Yeah, yeah, you SO know what you're talking about, kiddo. Course of your studies? What is it? Medicine? Nursing?

Yeah, yeah, you SO know what you're talking about, kiddo. Course of your studies? What is it? Medicine? Nursing?

Psychology, which I'm sure you know covers the endocrine system and how hormones affect our behaviour.

ETA: Hud the bus, you didn't answer my question; do these side effects that you refer to only affect women of an older vintage?

Like I've said, I don't know anyone with the rod to complain of any side effects, but that may be the fact that those who I know that have the rod are in their early 20s.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Well this thread certainly sorts out the men from the shitebags. My missus is back on the pill again but I'm pretty certain this will be coming up in conversation more and more in the next couple of years (34 with a boy n girl).

When the conversation comes up, will you be putting yourself in the man or the shitebag category?

Any man who claims not to be a shitebag at the thought of someone taking a knife to the balls is a liar

An unnecessarily dickish response. You claim to be knowledgable on the rod (don't believe it though tbh) yet still think it's some painless, preferable alternative to the snip?

If so, you're a shitebag.

How about just getting the tubes blocked, more on par with the snip?

Exactly. Absolute "baws out" behaviour if they don't wince at the idea.

Obviously every man is going to fucking hate the idea of a scalpel near his baws. I'd still hope that most aren't utter shitebags who would force their partners to get something with the potential major risks to health like the rod.

An unnecessarily dickish response. You claim to be knowledgable on the rod (don't believe it though tbh) yet still think it's some painless, preferable alternative to the snip?

If so, you're a shitebag.

I'm not saying it's painless.

I am saying I'm scared of some doc tampering with the inner workings of my testes, however.