'The Snip'

10 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

I'm going soon and was told this was easy so how painful is it actually?

It's more horrible discomfort than outright pain. 

I couldn't decide if it was more uncomfortable standing up or sitting down so I just kind hovered. 

• 10 months later...

An update from me guys. I am one of the 15% of men who experience pain post-vasectomy (see earlier posts).

I went to the pain clinic in March, and was prescribed Gabapentin. This has been a wonder drug for me. I take 1800 mg per day, and the constant ache is gone, along with most of the sharp pains. No side effects (pregabalin turned me in to an angry zombie). 

Now, the trouble I had was, at that time I was on 8 tramadol a day. Coming off the tramadol was a barrel of fun (insomnia, sweats, muscle tension) but i have not taken any tramadol at all in 2 months. Not needed it - whenever I do get a flare up paracetamol does the trick.

Don't get me wrong - I still get pain. After ejaculation, I get a bad half hour of building ache. 

All thanks to the snip.

This is surgeon at Ninewells. 
giphy.gif&key=0386e6cfe8d31097e8f272af5f1de703b87aba8d925f06f61d7dfd0cdec7d7fc

He’s seen too many cocks.

I am also still untouched by the surgeon. I was getting abuse from the wife’s pals at a party recently. Stories like the one from Scottsdad above aren’t motivating me any.

Got mine done with a local anaesthetic in Jakarta as the cost for that was inside the insurance limit. 

Got hammered the night before, which was a ridiculous plan, and had the worst hangover. The procedure went on for 45 minutes, he told me he might have cut the wrong thing i.e. a tendon by mistake, and got it quickly sent away to test it. During the procedure somebody was wheeled into the curtained cubicle next to me to get an ultrasound...When he was still going after about 30 minutes the anaesthetic started to wear off so needed another jab.

Was a dull pain for a couple of weeks afterwards but fine after that.

Went to get tested after the summer holidays and there were still a few swimmers so waited a couple more months and got the all clear. Getting it tested at the international hospital was weird as I was shown to the delivery suite where my wife went into labour with our daughter - all the nurses looking at me knowing fine well what was going to be happening once the door locked!!

Was pretty traumatic but it makes a decent story and 100% pleased I got it done.

He’s seen too many cocks.

I am also still untouched by the surgeon. I was getting abuse from the wife’s pals at a party recently. Stories like the one from Scottsdad above aren’t motivating me any.

See, I just no this would be me too.
This is where I'm at. I'm a shitebag.

Bunch of shitebags. Only sore bit is getting the anaesthetic and it’s then a wee bit weird feeling the surgeon rummage about and tie off the loose ends but otherwise no drama at all.

Although it was 10 years ago so maybe the passage of time has dulled the memory. You poor saps!! Hehehe.

Bunch of shitebags. Only sore bit is getting the anaesthetic and it’s then a wee bit weird feeling the surgeon rummage about and tie off the loose ends but otherwise no drama at all.

Although it was 10 years ago so maybe the passage of time has dulled the memory. You poor saps!! Hehehe.

Did you not see some of the posts above?

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

If they did it under general anaesthetic and could guarantee no after problems like many have experienced on here I’d do it, but they don’t and they can’t so I’m out. 

Do it under general anaesthetic and tell the anaesthesiologist I don't want to wake up again.