'The Snip'

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Think I'd push for them to remove the bollock right away. Is it both or just the one?

I knew a guy in the navy who had both removed and replaced with titanium ones - he used to click when he walked. Like these -

220px-Kliklak_02.jpg.656634636c557bff9dda817ccd8156e7.jpg

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Think I'd push for them to remove the bollock right away. Is it both or just the one?

Just the right one.

The consultant is very, very reluctant to do a surgical route. He says that it doesn't always take away the pain as the nerve endings are still there. Like phantom leg syndrome for amputees I might get phantom baw syndrome, and it still might hurt like buggery.  It really is the last resort though.

On 13/09/2018 at 13:15, scottsdad said:

10 months in, and sore as ever. 

The doctor changed the low-dose anti-depressant to an anti-epilepsy drug called pregabalin. Wow...utterly changed me. Paranoid, anxious, restless, short-tempered, claustrophobic....I decided after a couple of months that baw pain was preferable. So I stopped taking them, and went back to the doctor. He put me on tramadol which did the trick (though I felt sick all the time). No pain, but a lost appetite.

I saw the Urologist a couple of weeks ago. His take was (briefly) that the vasectomy caused the problem. There is a pressure build-up at the point where the tube was tied. His first suggestion was to stop the tramadol, stick to paracetemol and ibuprofen and stop touching my baws. If, in 3 months,it didn't settle down on its own then he'll refer me to the pain clinic (he mentioned a tens machine which made me wince. Imagine... a tens machine on your nuts). In the future, if there's no help there they can either reverse the vasectomy, remove the epididymis, or remove the whole bollock.  So..after a couple of weeks on just paracetemol and profen, I am in absolute agony. Seeing the GP next week to try and get back on the tramadol. 

Get well soon bud.

To any youngsters reading, the greatest enemies of fertility are alcohol, smoking, obesity and sloth. 

Think on.

I'd strongly recommend that anyone contemplating the snip has the general anaesthetic. 

Being awake when someone was stabbing, cutting and slicing my baws was one of the worst experiences of my life. 

My balls and halfway up my cock (20mm) were dark blue. 

Horrendous. 

Man up you lot!

You’re partners will have had their fannies ripped to shreds, stretched to buggery or stomach sliced open.

its 20mins and a wee poke and pull!

i got steraliaed, out cold for us woman!

8 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

I'm going soon and was told this was easy so how painful is it actually?

The thing on the day isn't sore, it's more surreal, having your bits poking through a hole in a wee surgical hanky,  while the surgeon and nurse make polite banter with you.

The week or so after can be sore - any movement or touch to your knackers can generate a right dull ache. Tighty whities are a must for about a week, stop your bawsack moving about.  If you're a sit-down wiper (a whole other thread topic) watch what you're doing, also be careful how you sit down in general, any error where your balls end up under you would be catastrophic imo.  And I never tried it when I had my snip, but I'd imagine riding a bike would be a no-no.  Be prepared for your cock'n'balls going all sorts of funny colours.

I was back at work the next day.  But I'm hard though.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

The thing on the day isn't sore, it's more surreal, having your bits poking through a hole in a wee surgical hanky,  while the surgeon and nurse make polite banter with you.

The week or so after can be sore - any movement or touch to your knackers can generate a right dull ache. Tighty whities are a must for about a week, stop your bawsack moving about.  If you're a sit-down wiper (a whole other thread topic) watch what you're doing, also be careful how you sit down in general, any error where your balls end up under you would be catastrophic imo.  And I never tried it when I had my snip, but I'd imagine riding a bike would be a no-no.  Be prepared for your cock'n'balls going all sorts of funny colours.

I was back at work the next day.  But I'm hard though.

Another side effect?