'The Snip'

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Aye, I've always had a sore bollock since the snip and where they tied off the tubes they didn't do a good job so they unravelled - as the nurse put it "like a bag of worms". Various cysts developed as a result, all benign but I need to wear tight fitting underwear to stop things banging around. If the wife plays a little rough down there it can be a pretty good moodkiller.

That's about as much information as I can handle at the moment, thank you.

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

Aye, I've always had a sore bollock since the snip and where they tied off the tubes they didn't do a good job so they unravelled - as the nurse put it "like a bag of worms". Various cysts developed as a result, all benign but I need to wear tight fitting underwear to stop things banging around. If the wife plays a little rough down there it can be a pretty good moodkiller.

Do you not regret not just using condoms or is not having to worth the pain?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Is that for real? Doubt you get that from female sterilisation. At least you wouldn't.

They mangled my belly button a bit but I’ve had no discomfort since it all heeled.

41 minutes ago, Rowan said:

They mangled my belly button a bit but I’ve had no discomfort since it all heeled.

I read neither the poster's name nor the quoted post here, and thought "f**k, they made a right coos arse of the snip if they mangled the dude's belly button" :lol:

Sorry @Rowan, I'll read stuff more carefully in future.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is what puts me off it. Mon tae f**k man.

My snip was drama-free and uneventful.  I know this makes for prosaic posting.  The only thing I had to worry about was my 2 year old being at bollock height so had to open doors with my back to them lest he launch himself at me.

If you scroll back about 10 pages you’ll find my drama. (3 shots at it the surgeon had). However, IMHO best thing to do if you think you’ve half a chance of an active podger life ahead of you. Have been running fine on unleaded for 5 years now.

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

'Mon! 

• 5 months later...
On 08/03/2018 at 12:00, scottsdad said:

I got mine in 2014 - I've posted on this thread at the time.  Now for an unhappy update.

In November I woke up one morning feeling like someone had kicked me in the right baw. All day I was in pain and hobbling about. I thought nothing more of it and gobbled down some painkillers. Only the pain didn't go away. After a couple of weeks I went to the doctor. He (and his medical student) examined me, which basically meant they felt my baws for lumps or bumps.  There were none.  Then the doc squeezed on the tubes holding the baw, and I just about hit the roof. 

He diagnosed epididimytis. Now, this comes in 2 forms - chronic or bacterial. Bacterial comes from either chlamydia or E coli, so he started me off on antibiotics and painkillers. 2 weeks later, no change, so he changed the antibiotics to some really powerful ones. Another 2 weeks, and again no change. So it wasn't bacterial Now, he reckons I've got the chronic version.  Things that make it flare up (for me) include driving and ejaculating - that's right. 2 minutes after letting loose I get a feeling like I've been stabbed in the baw. I have to wear "supportive" boxers and sometimes, when it's really agony, sit with a hot water bottle resting on my nuts. 

In talking to the doc, he asked if I'd had a vasectomy. I said yes, and he told me that this sometimes happens - the scar tissue has become inflamed or irritated and hence, all my pain. He's got me on some ultra-low-dose anti-depressant which is supposed to help shut out the pain signals. Been on these for over a month and they have helped a bit. Reading online, this could go away within a few months - but a study done in 2002 interviewed around 100 guys with this condition, and the longest anyone had it for was 27 years. Today I got my prescription refilled, and I'm trying to cut down to 6 co-codamol a day.  It's agony at times - I was about in tears last night. 

10 months in, and sore as ever. 

The doctor changed the low-dose anti-depressant to an anti-epilepsy drug called pregabalin. Wow...utterly changed me. Paranoid, anxious, restless, short-tempered, claustrophobic....I decided after a couple of months that baw pain was preferable. So I stopped taking them, and went back to the doctor. He put me on tramadol which did the trick (though I felt sick all the time). No pain, but a lost appetite.

I saw the Urologist a couple of weeks ago. His take was (briefly) that the vasectomy caused the problem. There is a pressure build-up at the point where the tube was tied. His first suggestion was to stop the tramadol, stick to paracetemol and ibuprofen and stop touching my baws. If, in 3 months,it didn't settle down on its own then he'll refer me to the pain clinic (he mentioned a tens machine which made me wince. Imagine... a tens machine on your nuts). In the future, if there's no help there they can either reverse the vasectomy, remove the epididymis, or remove the whole bollock.  So..after a couple of weeks on just paracetemol and profen, I am in absolute agony. Seeing the GP next week to try and get back on the tramadol. 

Got mine done Friday night at a FP clinic in the West End  with a local anaesthetic then got drunk on vodka in the house. ( Same as most Friday night's then). Three things stick in my mind. The jag in the side of your nuts was stomach churning . They did one side at a time so knowing you had  the second jag coming was not good. Lastly the waiting room was hilarious, men all sitting nervous as f**k while all the women were all smirking having a wee laugh genuinely enjoying the moment

59 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

10 months in, and sore as ever. 

The doctor changed the low-dose anti-depressant to an anti-epilepsy drug called pregabalin. Wow...utterly changed me. Paranoid, anxious, restless, short-tempered, claustrophobic....I decided after a couple of months that baw pain was preferable. So I stopped taking them, and went back to the doctor. He put me on tramadol which did the trick (though I felt sick all the time). No pain, but a lost appetite.

I saw the Urologist a couple of weeks ago. His take was (briefly) that the vasectomy caused the problem. There is a pressure build-up at the point where the tube was tied. His first suggestion was to stop the tramadol, stick to paracetemol and ibuprofen and stop touching my baws. If, in 3 months,it didn't settle down on its own then he'll refer me to the pain clinic (he mentioned a tens machine which made me wince. Imagine... a tens machine on your nuts). In the future, if there's no help there they can either reverse the vasectomy, remove the epididymis, or remove the whole bollock.  So..after a couple of weeks on just paracetemol and profen, I am in absolute agony. Seeing the GP next week to try and get back on the tramadol. 

Think I'd push for them to remove the bollock right away. Is it both or just the one?

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

Got mine done Friday night at a FP clinic in the West End  with a local anaesthetic then got drunk on vodka in the house. ( Same as most Friday night's then). Three things stick in my mind. The jag in the side of your nuts was stomach churning . They did one side at a time so knowing you had  the second jag coming was not good. Lastly the waiting room was hilarious, men all sitting nervous as f**k while all the women were all smirking having a wee laugh genuinely enjoying the moment

Why were there women there - to make sure the men didn't bolt?

6 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
7 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

How long did you have to wait for this to happen ? As in when you made an appointment, weeks/months ?

Couple of months IIRC.  It was 20 odd years ago. Think it was in Woodlands terrace . Probably been sold for a million quid by now