yoker v linlithgow 1/4 final

lithgierose

So do you think ,A,they were a good team.B,we were comfortable.?

It's a bit disrespectful to a club who work hard to keep themselves going. And they've got some decent players. And they never stopped running all day. We were expected to win and we ended up getting edgy because they kept running and trying.

We were winning easily enough and so we should when you look at the resources of the clubs. Their spirit dragged them back in.

I agree with you that we could and should have won a bit easier than the final score but we have said that a few times on this cup run. Eventually we'll stop making life so awkward and we'd be better worrying about the level we play at than laying into them.

I enjoyed the day, thought the pitch was miles better than I'd expected and the pound a bottle place clearly cheered a few boys up!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a bit disrespectful to a club who work hard to keep themselves going. And they've got some decent players. And they never stopped running all day. We were expected to win and we ended up getting edgy because they kept running and trying.

We were winning easily enough and so we should when you look at the resources of the clubs. Their spirit dragged them back in.

I agree with you that we could and should have won a bit easier than the final score but we have said that a few times on this cup run. Eventually we'll stop making life so awkward and we'd be better worrying about the level we play at than laying into them.

I enjoyed the day, thought the pitch was miles better than I'd expected and the pound a bottle place clearly cheered a few boys up!

Point im trying to make is.if we go in against who ever in the semi,we will have to be a whole lot better than we were today, and the last round.definitely no disrespect to yoker intended.

No disrespect to yoker (aye ok) but in all honesty,a good pub team.we need to up our game,which I think the rose will realise.to go any further.

poor quote very disrespectful to a club that offered respect throughout the day to everyone that entered the ground, some very nice people from Linlithgow shame your post let your club down. Pretty sure you don't represent the majority at your fine club however.

poor quote very disrespectful to a club that offered respect throughout the day to everyone that entered the ground, some very nice people from Linlithgow shame your post let your club down. Pretty sure you don't represent the majority at your fine club however.

I think its evident he is as pished as a fart !! he was already when i saw him before kick off

If he claims to be sober then fair enough he has made a roaring james hunt of himself !! #

I wish folk would just back our team and stop all this we will need to be better, were not good enough, if we meet a decent side

we will get hammered stuff...........back the team or see what marks and spencer has to offer on a saturday

Well said that man. A fine effort against one of the top teams from the East.

As usual some of their arrogant supporters want to belittle a club who welcome them with open arms to their ground. Shameful behaviour, shameful post.

As you said the majority are fine lads, the Rat always lets them down. Well done Yoker reaching the quarters and unlucky.

Well done Yoker, you can be proud of your achievements in getting to the quarters. Good honest people and players at the club, deserve a bit of success.

Linlithgow are a good side not sure if they will win it as the two west sides are very strong at the moment.

As for the poster, drunk or no drunk that's a poor comment, might just seem like a throw away comment to some but imagine how the guys from Yoker will feel reading that at the end of their big day. If you can log in here, look out the thread, type and post not once but three times then you should be of mind to know what you are saying is wrong.

I think its evident he is as pished as a fart !! he was already when i saw him before kick off

If he claims to be sober then fair enough he has made a roaring james hunt of himself !! #

I wish folk would just back our team and stop all this we will need to be better, were not good enough, if we meet a decent side

we will get hammered stuff...........back the team or see what marks and spencer has to offer on a saturday

So you think we played good ? ipaid to get in.and if yoker were playing at prestonfield next Saturday it would be deserved.if the posts seemed disrespectfull to yoker then I apologise.

So you think we played good ? ipaid to get in.and if yoker were playing at prestonfield next Saturday it would be deserved.if the posts seemed disrespectfull to yoker then I apologise.

What has paying to get in got do with it ? Yes I think we played well as do most others,

but if we are going down that road, how much of the game can you remember.

Do I think Yoker deserved a draw, nope not a chance, they stuck at it and got a lift after a fluke own goal and then the free kick went through Scott.

it may have taken a deflection going by the video but he should still have stopped it..... On open play I did not feel we were in any real danger.

Good game, Rose by far the better team but credit to Yoker for keeping going.

I'm sure the free kick took a deflection, which was a shame as I had 1 3 on the predictor lol.

I don't think the delay at half time did the bar takings any harm !

lithgierose, on 21 Mar 2015 - 23:25, said:snapback.png

No disrespect to yoker (aye ok) but in all honesty,a good pub team.we need to up our game,which I think the rose will realise.to go any further.

that should have been after the pub team comment.i was replying to what i heard getting shouted out.and imo yoker were worthy of a draw and that wasnt just my view.but you speak to different people to me rosey.

I speak to different people ? please explain that one as well ?
I am going by comments on here and our own forum.

And how do you think the post above makes things sound any better ??

Answer this for me, Do you think Danny is doing a good job ?

Despite the scoreline it was a comfortable 3 2 . We were well on top and let in 2 bad goals , but even after that we had more of the ball and also had chances to make it 4. Fair play to Yoker, they are a decent side and they are trying hard with the pitch and facilities but with Glasgow council spending milions on the Commonwealth games etc there ain't much money left for clubs like Yoker.

On that point as they talk about the legacy of the Commonweath games can you imagine the difference to communities if the £500 M spent on it had been given to the 200 odd junior/senior clubs to use in their communities. Now, that would have left a legacy

What has paying to get in got do with it ? Yes I think we played well as do most others,

but if we are going down that road, how much of the game can you remember.

Do I think Yoker deserved a draw, nope not a chance, they stuck at it and got a lift after a fluke own goal and then the free kick went through Scott.

it may have taken a deflection going by the video but he should still have stopped it..... On open play I did not feel we were in any real danger.

im entitled to my opinion.i didnt think we played good and if yoker had got a draw i would have had no complaint.

somebody was saying yoker had played nobody untill yesterday.i think thats more disrespectful to yoker than what i was trying to say.

you roseysaid i was pished when you saw me.you.think you got that wrong.i was standing with either a neutral or yoker fan talking about paul mcgrillen,roddy manley and crawford baptie playing days at falkirk if the guy is on hear im sure he will say if i was pished as you say i was.ok i will admit spending the night in glasgow after the game might have been a different story.

I speak to different people ? please explain that one as well ?

I am going by comments on here and our own forum.

And how do you think the post above makes things sound any better ??

Answer this for me, Do you think Danny is doing a good job ?

i think danny is a good young manager.and i will always back him at games as i did with braddo.but he makes decisions some times that i dont agree with.do you agree with every thing danny does ? have you ever heard me shout abuse abuse at any player or official at a game ? naw didnt think so.

lithgierose, on 21 Mar 2015 - 23:25, said:snapback.png

that should have been after the pub team comment.i was replying to what i heard getting shouted out.and imo yoker were worthy of a draw and that wasnt just my view.but you speak to different people to me rosey.

It's the "pub team" comment that's not sitting well. Yoker are better than that and deserve better than that in most folk's view. As for the rest, you're perfectly entitled to the opinion that we'll need to be better. We've been saying for a while now that this Rose team has it in them to bring out a really top performance and the manager said as much after the game. I think we can leave it at that. I reckon we'll need to move up a level in terms of a consistent 90 minutes over the remainder of the competition but that's within our grasp. If we do we can beat anyone home or away.

your not answering any of the questions though, You stood behind me on your own in the 1st half and you were clearly the worse for ware.

somebody was saying this and somebody said that !! really, thats like a school playground excuse.

back in lithgie last night there were a few in the. hitw who thought we were lucky to still be in it.

and as i said to them.aye probably right but we are in the semi's along with another three.

tell me rosey who would you like us to get in the semi ? and why ?

Archived