Queen of the South v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmy doesn't want to be there. We'll end up bottom. The malaise needs stopped now. Someone at the club needs to man up and take responsibility and sack the chancer Nicholl. He had destroyed all the good work Cowdenbeath FC has done and wasted our pot of gold along too. Club needs direction end of. No one is giving it.

What did he do ?

Nothing. No idea what he's on about.

Mark Millar is a fantastic player. Colin Nish is totally pointless. Sean Higgins got his traditional goal, which he took well despite being gifted possession.

Our second goal gave me a semi. Lyle's was a cracking strike as well.

Not a huge amount to say about that really. A more comfortable win than even the 4-1 scoreline would suggest. Queens huffed and puffed a little in the middle of the game but were never in any danger of losing the game.

Decent displays from most of the side, Dowie, Millar and Carmichael the stand outs for me. Cowden looked poor, very poor in fact.

As Cammy said, the second goal was great play. It would have been bettered, moments later, if Russell had a left foot!

Did anyone else think the ball was bouncing higher off the pitch than normal today or was it just me? It seemed to catch out both sets of players especially at the start of the first half.

It was presumably very dry today. Do we/should we be watering it?

I don't think we were massively wasteful. We probably had a better chances to goals ratio than last week when I thought we were pretty wasteful.

You're never going to score all of your chances and I'm happy enough that we're creating plenty of them.

Did anyone else think the ball was bouncing higher off the pitch than normal today or was it just me? It seemed to catch out both sets of players especially at the start of the first half.

It was presumably very dry today. Do we/should we be watering it?

It was watered before the game..

Is that 3 goals in 2 games from corners? Amazing the difference a competent taker makes.

It sure is. The opener today was virtually identical to Russell's goal last week except it was a header today.

McShane has been poor of late. I'd put McKenna or Burns beside Millar next week. Tighten things up. He was too slack with his passing today which is a problem when he also doesn't tackle.

Tbf to the Cowden boy, Russell really could have been sent off today. It was in the first half (before his goal, as stated) and he never received a foul that he was expecting. Whilst on the deck he kicked out** at the 'offending' Cowden player. If the ref had caught it I reckon Russell would have been in serious bother.

** It reminded me very much of Beckham against the Argies. His leg was up already and he pushed it in the direction of the player. Thankfully for us the player stayed on his feet though!

Tbf to the Cowden boy, Russell really could have been sent off today. It was in the first half (before his goal, as stated) and he never received a foul that he was expecting. Whilst on the deck he kicked out** at the 'offending' Cowden player. If the ref had caught it I reckon Russell would have been in serious bother.

** It reminded me very much of Beckham against the Argies. His leg was up already and he pushed it in the direction of the player. Thankfully for us the player stayed on his feet though!

Our players again being too nice. If Russell was on the receving end he'd have been down like he'd been shot.

Archived