Banned for 2 years

whitburn exile

Just seen that Mark Canning of Larkhall been banned for violent conduct until June 2017 for violent conduct to math official. What did he do? Also a kello? Player banned till June 15 for violent conduct toward match referee. What did he do? Also why 1 a 3month ban the other 2 years

Just seen that Mark Canning of Larkhall been banned for violent conduct until June 2017 for violent conduct to math official. What did he do? Also a kello? Player banned till June 15 for violent conduct toward match referee. What did he do? Also why 1 a 3month ban the other 2 years

tumblr_mawprs0yWD1r1mr1po1_500.gif

The Kello player hit the ref on the back of the head with the Match ball allegedly

Wouldn't appear to be anything alleged about it if he's banned til June 20th.

Also noticed that thug Gemmell at Ardeer has recieved another lenghty ban after just serving a 6 match ban

Disregarding your 'thug" comment (and I don't condone Del's actions at Kello all those years ago), I think it's the same suspension, extended from 6 games to the end of the season but still the same offence.

I was shocked when I heard how long a ban Canning got I thought he might get banned for the rest of the season or something but 2.5 years seems really excessive. I was at the game in question and from what I saw he pushed the ref after receiving a red card for appealing another red card shown to a teammate. He shouldn't have done it obviously but this ban is over the top in my opinion.

I was shocked when I heard how long a ban Canning got I thought he might get banned for the rest of the season or something but 2.5 years seems really excessive. I was at the game in question and from what I saw he pushed the ref after receiving a red card for appealing another red card shown to a teammate. He shouldn't have done it obviously but this ban is over the top in my opinion.

And you brought it to our attention here:

Ahttp://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/220915-worst-referee-at-junior-level/nd

I know I did and I did regret my opening post in that thread to lay the blame with the ref. He was poor that day and wasn't strong enough when it came to handling the situation. That said what happened was unacceptable but to hand out this level of ban for a moment of madness is an over the top reaction in my opinion.

Archived