Scotland v Qatar

Lyle Lanley

Strange fixture considering most peoples view of Qatar getting World Cup - does this mean the SFA support Qatar?

Qatar a smaller country than Scotland to host a 32 team World Cup

I would like to go through to Edinburgh on a June Friday night for an international but not against Qatar.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange fixture considering most peoples view of Qatar getting World Cup - does this mean the SFA support Qatar?

Qatar a smaller country than Scotland to host a 32 team World Cup

I would like to go through to Edinburgh on a June Friday night for an international but not against Qatar.

SFA has formed some sort of cooperation agreement with Qatar and Ogilvie Regan and Petrie were over there a month or two back. Reported in various papers. There is actually a column by Alan Patullo - in today's Scotsman - where he claims the fee being received by the SFA for playing them at ER is much less than imagined and is only covering our costs so it's apparently about building ties rather than making £ for now anyway.

The SFA has a track record of making bad calls like this - that game in Chile springs to mind.

Quite, they hadn't even scrubbed the blood off the walls of the Santiago stadium when we arrived to play. I haven't been to a Scotland match since, though I'm tempted by Tbilisi.

There clearly is.

Pointless fixture anyway, hardly the competitive warm up prior to Ireland we should be having.

I'd be furious if we had a competitive friendly

Get the subbies out here

Anyone gets injured I'll no be happy

Must admit that I'm inclined to think this 'building ties' friendly is more about people like Regan and Ogilvie looking to get themselves nice cushy advisory jobs with the Qatari FA.

I'd be furious if we had a competitive friendly

Get the subbies out here

Anyone gets injured I'll no be happy

Why even bother having a game?

Ireland are warming up for their biggest game of the campaign so far by playing England. We are playing Qatar.

We should have arranged a friendly with a team that has a similar style of play like Wales or Iceland to introduce one or two players and formations.

This is a pub team we're playing, they're more likely to injure our players than professional players.

Why even bother having a game?

Ireland are warming up for their biggest game of the campaign so far by playing England. We are playing Qatar.

We should have arranged a friendly with a team that has a similar style of play like Wales or Iceland to introduce one or two players and formations.

This is a pub team we're playing, they're more likely to injure our players than professional players.

If I had it my way I wouldn't want us to have a game

I'll be watching the Ireland v England game hoping there is a few dirty tackles going in

This game should just be used for all the guys who won't get much game time against Ireland IMO

If I had it my way I wouldn't want us to have a game

I'll be watching the Ireland v England game hoping there is a few dirty tackles going in

This game should just be used for all the guys who won't get much game time against Ireland IMO

By playing just squad players, you are making the game even more pointless than it is. The basis of the squad should start with the odd change in positions we are needing cover in. The national team should be run like a club side and caps shouldnt be handed out without justification.

Not playing people because you're scared of them getting injured through 'dirty tackles' is a pretty immature conclusion. Players need to play. You're more likely to pick up an injury in training.

By playing just squad players, you are making the game even more pointless than it is. The basis of the squad should start with the odd change in positions we are needing cover in. The national team should be run like a club side and caps shouldnt be handed out without justification.

Not playing people because you're scared of them getting injured through 'dirty tackles' is a pretty immature conclusion. Players need to play. You're more likely to pick up an injury in training.

I couldn't care how pointless it is, I wish we weren't playing at all.

Who really cares who gets caps or capped? They're all in the squad, that's enough justification.

A friendly will be more competitive than a training game, you get ranking points.

Scotland should be playing a side similar in style and strength to Ireland in preparation. Not a bunch of whipping boys in guise of Qatar.

And that is before discussing the implications of playing a nation who is building their stadiums on the foundations of over a thousand dead workers - who are treated no better than slaves.

SFA also pretty silent on who paid for the 'fact finding' mission of Rod Petrie, Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan.

They were invited over by Aspire - a company with alleged corruption links with FIFA - to take in an under-15 tournament. When was the last time those three went to an U-15 tournament together outwith Scotland?

SFA also pretty silent on who paid for the 'fact finding' mission of Rod Petrie, Campbell Ogilvie and Stewart Regan.

They were invited over by Aspire - a company with alleged corruption links with FIFA - to take in an under-15 tournament. When was the last time those three went to an U-15 tournament together outwith Scotland?

They only went for the hookers, bevy and drugs no doubt

Fair enough

Never realised Ireland were playing England next week, what's the chances McCarthy gets injured?

Archived