Rangers v Livingston.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope for The Rangers sake they've got an easy fixture next weekend..

Oh wait, they don't

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1426352528.062830.jpg

I don't know what still counts as an easy fixture after having dropped points against two of the three bottom sides, but before playing us they still have a mid-week fixture at home against Alloa.

Bumped into some drunk bears on way home who very nicely congratulated Thistle on our win. They then stated i was not to talk about winning as they couldn't remember the last time it happened for them. Strange turn of the tables.

I know this threads probably going to turn into a laugh at rangers thread but before it does can I just say how brilliant we played today, Rangers looked good in the first 10 minutes but after that I thought we where the better team, we looked really dangerous on the break and deserved to go in 1-1.

2nd half I expected a reaction from Rangers but it never happened, again we looked most likely to score, Mullen had a brilliant chance to put us ahead and White nearly got enough on his header near the end.

McCall has a lot of work to do but what a result for us, if we'd have won it I don't think many could've argued, but if you'd offered me a point Id have bitten your hand off.

Keaghan jacobs, Darren Cole and Scott Pittman all standouts for us but thought the entire team performed heroics. Cole has came into the side and put a real dig in there, loos like he's game for a tackle, was one of our better performers wednesday too, Keaghan controlled the whole game for us, breaking from deep constantly and Pittman, for a lad that a month ago was playing for Bo'ness was unreal, looked at ease on the ball and showed brilliant composure.

Maybe the result we needed to boost us a little, next 2 league games are must wins and if we do that we could go into the cup final of the bottom of the league, there may be light at the end of the tunnel after all.

STUART McCall has vowed to work on Rangers defending after his side conceded a poor equaliser against the Championship’s rock bottom side Livingston.

The goal came from a corner after the Gers defence failed to clear their lines and Ibra Sekajja poked home and that is something the manager doesn’t want to see again.
He admits it is an issue he needs to address, and fast, with the team he has inherited unable to keep hold of a one goal lead in three of their last four games.
McCall said: “We need to work on defending better and stopping the ball coming into the box originally.
“They gambled for their goal and put a few more boys in the box and it hits the post and they reacted better than us.
“Speaking to staff that has been a problem this season – balls coming into the box and not dealing with them.
“I think because we’d played with so much energy and enthusiasm at about 25 or 30 minutes they started coming into it.
“They changed their shape a little bit and we didn’t really cope with that but they didn’t have many great chances so it was very disappointing to lose the goal - over the piece we weren’t happy not to lose at home.”
Haris Vuckic had opened the scoring with nine minutes on the clock in a lively opening spell at Ibrox but Gers found it hard work to create any more concrete chances.
With half an hour left to play it looked as if Nicky Clark had got the opening McCall’s team had been craving but the offside flag denied him.
The manager said: “My first reaction as a manager is to look at the linesman, even if it’s a goal from 30-yards.
“I’ve looked at it but we got a bad angle from the camera where we were, and it’s probably marginal.
“Both the boys are standing on the six-yard line when the ball comes in and then the keeper saves it and Nicky puts it in - on another day you might get it but it wasn’t today.
“Then the save the goalie made from Kenny Miller’s header was fantastic, I don’t know how he got to that.
“But we’ll go again on Tuesday and we just have to look forward and we’ll analyse the game and have a look at it and look at what things we can do better.”

Started of well, got and goal and gave up trying. You know what you're going to get with Livi and our players weren't up for the fight.

McCulloch should never play for us again, we sit in too deep because he has no pace.

Millers head is willing but the legs are gone.

I could go on about most of the team.

The short termism in appointing McCall till the end of the season is a huge mistake, give him time to rebuild.

Archived