Airdrie v Morton

This guy is trying so hard to be a VT-esq WUM, it's quite sad really. I mean, if he was half decent at it, fair play.

He isn't.

^^^^^^^^^

VT's lovechild.

Trying way too hard to be VT imo.

Away crawl back up VT's arse before you trainwreck another thread into sheer depression, CHAMP. :)

Hmm the Ayr fans seem to think that's you after all your tragic posts on their thread, better luck next time though.

Also how about you stop changing topic and answer my question: Where's the evidence to suggest Airdrie are due a "Thumping"?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although we're on a decent run, beating dreadful outfits like Stenny, Ayr and Stirling is hardly a ringing endorsement of good form. We were very stuffy against Brechin and quite fortunate to escape with a point, though the wind ruined that game.

The loss of Lister is massive for us. Though not prolific, he certainly offers a big presence up front and chips in with assists.

Think we might pack the midfield here and leave Prunty on his own up front. Not sure Morton will have what it takes to break us down.

A win here keeps us in the play off hunt and blows the title race wide open. What's not to like?

I'm going for 1-0 with Prunty scoring in the 92nd minute and Duffy headbutting the dugout.

Although we're on a decent run, beating dreadful outfits like Stenny, Ayr and Stirling is hardly a ringing endorsement of good form. We were very stuffy against Brechin and quite fortunate to escape with a point, though the wind ruined that game.

The loss of Lister is massive for us. Though not prolific, he certainly offers a big presence up front and chips in with assists.

Think we might pack the midfield here and leave Prunty on his own up front. Not sure Morton will have what it takes to break us down.

A win here keeps us in the play off hunt and blows the title race wide open. What's not to like?

I'm going for 1-0 with Prunty scoring in the 92nd minute and Duffy headbutting the dugout.

I reckon we will be able to break Airdrie down however I have zero confidence that we will keep a clean sheet

We haven't even beaten Morton yet and the seethe-fest has commenced.

Has anyone actually heard anything official regarding Lister? Obviously it was a pre-requisite that he'd miss Tuesday night, but I'd have thought the club would rather be in the position to suppress rumours regarding one of our best players.

We made heavy weather of a poor Ayr side disadvantaged by their ninth red in seven games against us (or something ludicrous to ilk). A wee lift against a Morton side which judging by the posts in this thread would appear to be in turmoil would be highly appreciated. I can see the game being decided by a scrappy last minute tap in from a set piece either way - a corner against us or a free kick swung in by Scott Fraser's left size 7.

I presume this is marked as a "must-win" to keep our play off push alive?

Also Morton fans, if you're top of the league can you not just be happy?

Not feeling as confident for this one as I would like. Airdrie are on form and we haven't been playing great, but have still been grinding out results. We need to bounce back from the Forfar game, will take any sort of this win from this. Not going to predict a result!

It's not like us to exagerate. Stef is just off a hat trick and Jamie was excellent midweek last week.

Saturday was a bad day in horrific conditions. Peaso never touched the ball when he came on against Forfar.

Drop Oware back an replace Crichton with Forbes.

It's not like us to exagerate. Stef is just off a hat trick

Against Stirling Albion.

and Jamie was excellent midweek last week.

Against Stirling Albion (and no he wasn't; he was rubbish as usual).

So yeah, if a manager is looking for sand-dancers to look the part (or not) against that absolutely hopeless, cannon fodder outfit in League Two next season, then the McCluskeys fulfil that role. For a club with the clearly stated ambition to challenge for the League One title - not even close to the required level of ability.

It doesn't matter who it was against he took his goals well and won't he match for us.

Jamie was poor on Saturday however he never hides and often is the person who drives us.

Nobody's saying we are a finished side here, or that the starting 11 would see us good in the championship, or that Duffy is doing an excellent job, but let's not get carried away. The last time I looked we were top of the league.

We haven't managed to beat Ayr yet and we've had one narrow squeak against Stirling (the 4-3 comeback) and only Gaston saved us from another setback in the last game at Scapa. If a team has a go at us there's every chance we'll give away a goal (or a penalty if big Sean Crisis is playing)

I've no wish to see Lister out for the rest of the season but I'm happy that our defence may not have to face him in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we drew but if we have aspirations for the title we really need the win, as do Airdrie to secure a top 4 place. A tough game ahead.

Who do we play in Listers position for this game? I thought Morton had a good game down at Ayr and he offered us some pace and drive going forward but lacked a bit in his final product. I'd like to see Boyle back in the team to start with two natural strikers upfront but he seems to be out of the picture which begs the question as to why he is kept on every season.

It doesn't matter who it was against he took his goals well and won't he match for us.

Well yes it quite clearly does matter who they were against, and no, his goals didn't actually win the match.

Jamie was poor on Saturday however he never hides and often is the person who drives us.

I can only assume that you've been facing the wrong way at games, because I can't think of any recent occasion in which Jamie McCluskey has driven the side. Caldwell, McManus, MacDonald? Absolutely. That useless sand-dancer; not once.

Nobody's saying we are a finished side here, or that the starting 11 would see us good in the championship, or that Duffy is doing an excellent job, but let's not get carried away. The last time I looked we were top of the league.

We will be finished, in terms of a legitimate title challenge, if we continue to allow sub-standard dross that beat (and still huffed and puffed against) dross like Stirling to play against decent opposition: that is the lesson of the Forfar match.

If happy-clappers and the clueless slaphead in the dugout fail to grap this, then they will have to reflect on their own role in yet another failed campaign. Because that rabble on the pitch on Saturday is simply not good enough to win many games between now and May.

Why? Someone had to score. You can also only score against what you are up against.

If you we're at he game you will have seen that the difference between the teams was that we finished our chances. Stirling played the better football in the first half. Mccluskey's goals changed the momentum of the game.

He's not had a great season, however has mucked in since Christmas.

We are a third tier club just now with third tier players turning out for us.

Why? Someone had to score. You can also only score against what you are up against.

Thomas Orr is scoring goals for fun in the development squad - far more than McCluskey could hope to achieve - should he be playing up front for the first team during the run-in? After all, "someone" had to score those goals and you can only score "against what you are up against" - which in both cases, is absolute dross.

If not Orr then, why not?

We are a third tier club just now with third tier players turning out for us.

Well no, nice try, but that patently isn't true. There is a vast, yawning gulf in quality in this squad; between the likes of Caldwell, McManus and MacDonald, who could do a job at the next level up, and the fourth-tier level dross shipped in en masse by Duffy in the summer - Crighton, the McCluskeys, dishonourable mention to all the ringers who didn't even make it past the January transfer window.

Sacrificing any of the former to field any of the latter (and bringing in that dross in the first place) is a fatal error of management. And if we huff and puff over the line in a title race contested against part-time dross on a fraction of our resources, it will have been in spite of Duffy and his summer signings, not because of them; due instead to the chairman hitting the annual January panic button to add quality to a squad that was sinking fast last time we played Airdrie.

McLuskey scored the first 3 goals and McManus scored a meaningless goal at the end. Mccluskey's goals won the match.

without midfielders supplying strikers with chances players like Mcdonald, Caldwell and McManus don't score. Jamie has done that on numerous occasions this season.

With slow build up play and poor defending we won't win anything, however we have been on a very decent run recently. One game doesn't make us a horrendous team.

I'm far from a happy clapper and am very critical of the team this season including Saturdays performance. However on recent form the McLuskey brothers are not our biggest problem

Archived