Solar Eclipse 20th March

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Mike eventually moved his telescope and his filtered binoculars onto my front lawn (no euph) which resulted in Graeme (his son), Jenny from along the road, some gardener bloke who was tending Jennys front garden (no euph), and two binmen who were passing in their bin lorry to congregate at about half nine.

#cosmicparty

Wasn't this one of the "Confessions" films?

Got very dark - fortunately the office manager had the prescence of mind to sacrifice the youngest member of staff, and shortly thereafter it got a lot less dark.

There was some guy in Kilmarnock high street yelling that everyone was going to die now, due to the 'radiation' this brings with it. :lol:

Michael Johnston is always saying things like that. Surprised fans keep falling for it, to be honest.

Well that was absolutely shite.

Climbed a peak in rural #perthshire, not a cloud in the sky and the experience was shit. My tub contraption didn't work, some guy who had come ask the way from Dundee let my look at his A4 paper protection and it was just really really boring.

The most disappointing thing was that it didn't even get that dark. I was told street lights would come back on and that.

Pish. Not doing 2026.

We got this e-mail from my son's school yesterday:

Dear Parents/Carers

We are sure you are aware that there will be a partial eclipse of the sun tomorrow morning. The passage will start at 8.30am and end at 10.30am with the peak at around 9.30am. Students in Physics lessons will be supervised to observe the eclipse safely and all other students will be instructed not to look at the sun during this time. Staff have been given instructions to close blinds/curtains as appropriate. I would be grateful if you could reiterate the message of not looking at the sun during this time to your son, even with sunglasses on.

I'm not sure if I should think this is a. sensible, b. nannying or c. fucking stupid since, of course, the natural thing to do when it's getting darker in a classroom is close the curtains.

The fact that news outlets and other people have had to stress that people shouldn't look directly at the sun, something man figured out many thousands of years ago, is both amusing and deeply concerning at how fucking stupid people are.

The fact that news outlets and other people have had to stress that people shouldn't look directly at the sun, something man figured out many thousands of years ago, is both amusing and deeply concerning at how fucking stupid people are.

I'm awaiting some tear stained rant by one of the full time mummy's on Facebook about why their weans eyes have melted out their skulls and why no one explicitly came to their door telling them not to do it.

Archived