Solar Eclipse 20th March

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very meh in Dundee. Moon only went past the top half of the sun from what I've seen.

Tiny little sliver of sun left at the bottom, like a very thin Cheshire Cat smile floating in the air for a minute or two. Quite pleasing.

Was everyone waiting for a break in the clouds you silly billys? The best view I got was when the cloud cover was at it's thickest so that when you looked up the light was filtered and you could make it out perfectly with the naked eye.

That was pretty cool. There was about 30 seconds when the clouds decided to part. Whoever organises these events did a great job there. Though, this seems to be most peoples reaction:

CAiCfSEWwAAGK80.jpg

That was pretty cool. There was about 30 seconds when the clouds decided to part. Whoever organises these events did a great job there. Though, this seems to be most peoples reaction:

CAiCfSEWwAAGK80.jpg

There was a little bit of non cloudy sky over my work and people went outside to have a look.

giphy.gif

He has to be stupid.

No-one could keep that up for that long without slipping occasionally.

Anyway - West End eclipse watch: it's cloudy and dark. This normally means it's about to batter it down with rain, so I suppose the experience is different, even if we can't see it.

The guys a self made millionaire, he must be doing something right

Archived