Scroungers and benefit culture

FuzzyAffro

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benefits are a career choice in Scotland, let's not deny it. I know of people that haven't worked since school now mid 30's and have kids to various woman, all paid for by the state. Get a social worker and a habit, you're made. I would put these junkies and suchlike in public work programs. And no migrant should get access to the Welfare state until two years residency. I think in Australia. NZ or Canada they just wouldn't access, period, so I'm turning red in my old age.

Not sure if you are serious or not. When your position of status is due to hereditary rights then it is all about your lineage and our current Royal Family are of German lines.

Ah, so what you're saying is there have never been any Scottish, English or British monarchs. Got ye. (you're wrong by the way)

And as of 1917, the Royal Family have been hereditary British. That's how it works.

Of course it isn't, but then again neither is any Republic in the world

I think most republics probably do better than having only a quarter of the legislature elected, or have all the executive powers of state largely unchecked in the office of the Prime Minister so long as they have a 1 seat majority and some good whips. They probably also manage to seperate church and state more effectively than us.

I think most republics probably do better than having only a quarter of the legislature elected

While this is technically true, it's something of a distortion of the effect that the upper house plays. If the Lords consisted only of five members then it would consist of less than 1% of the legislature, but would have the same power. Just saying.

or have all the executive powers of state largely unchecked in the office of the Prime Minister so long as they have a 1 seat majority and some good whips.

The Lords actually curtail some of this excessive power. In particular, schools and prisons have been spared the (very) worst of what the Tories would have inflicted on them thanks to the upper house.

They probably also manage to seperate church and state more effectively than us.

For all the hysterics about having bishops in the Lords, and conceding that they really shouldn't be there, the UK is a far more secular country than the vast majority of the world's republics.

Benefits are a career choice in Scotland, let's not deny it. I know of people that haven't worked since school now mid 30's and have kids to various woman, all paid for by the state. Get a social worker and a habit, you're made. I would put these junkies and suchlike in public work programs. And no migrant should get access to the Welfare state until two years residency. I think in Australia. NZ or Canada they just wouldn't access, period, so I'm turning red in my old age.

:lol:

Trying way too hard

Not turning red in your old age,just spouting bullshit! You either don't have a clue about what is happening to people in the UK on low wages,the unemployed,the sick or the disabled or you are living in your own little bubble?

Anyone not in work or Education two years after leaving school forced to join the armed forces.

If you've made it to old age and never suffered a moments hardship then with respect you've done nothing worthwhile with your life.

If you HAVE ever suffered genuine hardship then you wouldn't be talking like this about others who couldn't break free of it.

If you think £71 a week is "making it" then you're either an idiot or a trolling twat.

Break free of being a lazy fecker?

If folk on benefits winds you up so much, do it yourself.

If folk are happy doing that, then I have no issue with it. It's just not something to get worked up about.

ICTJohnboy, on 14 Mar 2015 - 11:50, said:

It's a shame Reynard's not around any more.

Anyone else missing him?

NewBornBairn is beginning to take the angry twat spot that Reynard had. Pretty good comedy comedy, if not as many shite insults.

The USA did not exist until the 18th, and was never a monarchy. Thanks though for confirming my position.

Yeah but the people of the colonies overthrew the indefensible system of kings and queens.

People that defend the monarchy are always scrambling around for reasons not to get rid of it rather than trying to argue that we should keep it.

Archived