Shettleston v Talbot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My horses lost . My coupons down. My lotterys down . But my friends at Talbot won. Made my day.

Still waiting on your reply about this can throwing? Please feel free to respond to me here or privately I've your to embarrassed to now publish your lies. Is that how you deal with a defeat? By making up lies to get a group of 20 year olds into trouble when they have done nothing wrong?

Shettlston had some good spells during the game and have the makings of a decent team. But Talbot are gaining momentum just at the right time as they do, doubt any side would have lived with them as they turned the screw in the last twenty. A very inexperienced midfield but you wouldn't have known it. The home side will have to work on their discipline and the petulance shown at full time by some will not do in the top league. Can anyone beat Talbot on that form over two legs?

Hurlford united !

i think we held our own looking forward to next season, straight bck dwn well we will see

Your not up yet!

Beware the post Scottish cup defeat slump, you still have a lot to do before even talking about being up there next season.

Hurlford united !

No doubt they would give Talbot a game, and perhaps in a one off cup tie could sneak it, but 180 minutes gives Talbot the edge over any team IMHO. Despite injuries to key players they now look unstoppable. Two very tough away games in the Scottish a very late goal at Bonnyrigg but an impressive performance non the less. Yesterday they went up a gear in the last twenty when Shettlston tired. Talbot's fitness and Scottish cup know how is superb. They now have big players in form and I can't wait for the semi. Incidentally, they have played eight times in these double headers and never lost. BTW, how on earth was Blair Park the only game postponed in the west yesterday ?

was told part of the pitch was waterlogged ! i did enjoy yesterdays match at 1-1 it was in the balance but then Talbot got the goal . after that they were clinical in winning the tie .. i think a Hurlford v Talbot semi final tie would be fantastic ! Two legs the best v the best to see who is the very best !

was told part of the pitch was waterlogged ! i did enjoy yesterdays match at 1-1 it was in the balance but then Talbot got the goal . after that they were clinical in winning the tie .. i think a Hurlford v Talbot semi final tie would be fantastic ! Two legs the best v the best to see who is the very best !

Came out of the game yesterday thinking 1-4 flattered us a bit, but on reflection last twenty Talbot were superb, remember Gormley was very unlucky to see his curved effort come off the post during that period also. Shettletone had some good moments, however thought Talbot were in control at 0-1 but a good opportunist goal gave the home side heart. You might get the chance to see that two legged tie, but first you have to deal with Pollok, might not be that easy.

Came out of the game yesterday thinking 1-4 flattered us a bit, but on reflection last twenty Talbot were superb, remember Gormley was very unlucky to see his curved effort come off the post during that period also. Shettletone had some good moments, however thought Talbot were in control at 0-1 but a good opportunist goal gave the home side heart. You might get the chance to see that two legged tie, but first you have to deal with Pollok, might not be that easy.

iam neutral , been to a few Talbot games and Hurlford games this term both very good sides and the people in both places first class so good luck to you both .

A 4-1 away win the Scottish quarter final is not to be sniffed at but I am going to disagree with most of the previous posters.

I don't think Talbot played all that well but were always in command against a very limited Shettleston team. I can only think of two decent 'ton chances in the whole game, their goal and a training ground free kick that gave one of their players a shot on goal which big Andy saved.

Talbot never got out of 3rd gear but still won easily in the end

My horses lost . My coupons down. My lotterys down . But my friends at Talbot won. Made my day.

Your a sad, bitter man blue eyes. You should be thanking us for knocking you out because Talbot would have took 6 or 7 off yous. By far the worst team iv seen this season, not just against us, but against Blantyre aswell. I will be shocked if Nittin manage to win anything this season.

I was disappointed with Shettleston in the first half yesterday, I don't think we played our own game and showed too much respect to Talbot. Second half we were a lot better and managed to get the equaliser and thought we could get something from the game, either replay or sneak the win. But conceding so soon after levelling was our downfall. Once we took off big Anson I felt we were always on the back foot and never really threatened. I'd like to see Talbot go on and win it, always good to say you were knocked out by the winner. Hopefully we can keep picking up the results in the league and challenge Pollok for the title :thumsup2

Your a sad, bitter man blue eyes. You should be thanking us for knocking you out because Talbot would have took 6 or 7 off yous. By far the worst team iv seen this season, not just against us, but against Blantyre aswell. I will be shocked if Nittin manage to win anything this season.

I was disappointed with Shettleston in the first half yesterday, I don't think we played our own game and showed too much respect to Talbot. Second half we were a lot better and managed to get the equaliser and thought we could get something from the game, either replay or sneak the win. But conceding so soon after levelling was our downfall. Once we took off big Anson I felt we were always on the back foot and never really threatened. I'd like to see Talbot go on and win it, always good to say you were knocked out by the winner. Hopefully we can keep picking up the results in the league and challenge Pollok for the title :thumsup2

Seems to be a bit of investment at Shettlston, Social club looks really nice, quite like the enclosed area behind the goal, obviously a way too go with some of the ground but good to see a club trying to improve their ground.

Pleasantly disappointed with the Shettleston performance on Saturday,I was expecting a 'balls out' giant killing display,and while the score line was a touch flattering,the hosts never came close to producing the level of skill or commitment required to apply any concerted pressure on an unfamiliar Talbot line up. I found the staff and supporters of Shettleston Town very genial indeed,and very complimentary towards our team and supporters,and look forward to further visits to this ground in league or cup competitions.

Shettleston looked more of a threat after half time when they went to a back three and pushed the number six forward, but it also meant they were more vulnerable at the back, they managed to score while Talbot were still adjusting to the change in tactics but once they did it was a powerful last 20 mins with some good performances from the younger players , and Spence and Shankland arent bad subs to bring on.

Archived