Shettleston v Talbot

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
one has spent many a long hour focusing on one's own mob's inadequacy and felt it refreshing to hurl a hook somewhere else but ye have always goat to take it too far. If by excellent you define hurling a 70 yard diagonal repetitively then you were outstanding.
one has spent many a long hour focusing on one's own mob's inadequacy and felt it refreshing to hurl a hook somewhere else but ye have always goat to take it too far. If by excellent you define hurling a 70 yard diagonal repetitively then you were outstanding.
Those 70 yard diagonals pulled the Rosie posey apart should have been 5-0 like the recent sevco Celtic game but it's the result that matters not the score, another trophy for the barca of the juniors.

HTG's grapes have just turned sour. He's a bit behind the times just like his cords!

Back in your box you! Maybe see you later in the season. Then again, we might need a bit more consistency before then.

Just watch out for cans of cider flying past your head and the total disrespect showing to the away supporters by shettleston committee and fans (scum).

Would that be the away fans that started taking pictures and shouting abuse at the home fans to start with?

Another chance for Shettleston to test themselves against one of the top teams in the League they will hope to be competing in next season,and another realistic chance for Talbot to progress into the late,late stages of the National competition. I would expect the management team of the visitors to have completed the finishing touches of their homework on Shettleston,and any surprises that lie in store for Talbot will come from the one off nature of the match. Saturday can't come quick enough for me,and I anticipate a proper test of skill and character in a keenly contested match with Talbot continuing their recent good form and shaking off the challenge of the hosts.

I wonder if they'll do what they did v Meadow a few years ago and reduce the width of the pitch to the size of a 7 a-side pitch!

Rutherglen reduced the width of their pitch for their Scottish Cup semi-final 2nd leg against Talbot a couple of years back. Maybe this had nothing to do with it but it was a very even game with Talbot struggling to assert any form of dominance in midfield.

Rutherglen reduced the width of their pitch for their Scottish Cup semi-final 2nd leg against Talbot a couple of years back. Maybe this had nothing to do with it but it was a very even game with Talbot struggling to assert any form of dominance in midfield.

We did reduce it that day, but the pitch for that match was still wider than Beechwood.

It was a couple of years ago now, but from memory I was told that the dimensions of our pitch that day were still wider than the dimensions of the pitch we'd played the first leg on the week before at Auchinleck. I don't have any figures to prove it, but I remember Tucker pacing out the pitch not long after arriving as he was surprised at us taking it in, but then accepting that there was no problem with it.

The area of grass we have for our pitch is extremely wide, and we have now brought the pitch in permanently from what it was a couple of years ago. It's wider than it was that day against Talbot, but it's a good bit narrower than it was before that day of the semi final. The reason it's been brought in is is two-fold, firstly because of drainage issues down each side which were causing games to be postponed, and secondly because the management felt a slightly tighter pitch would suit us, which of course is their prerogative.

When you look at the width of grass we have to spare either side of the touchlines it creates a false impression that our pitch is very narrow, but it's still one of the widest pitches in our league.

With the widest in our league being Guy's Meadow.

So I'm told, although Ardeer Stadium must run it close. Guy's Meadow doesn't look that big, possibly because the fence is so tight to it on three sides, but I'm told it's just an illusion.

Talbot have been there, done it all. The Shettleston team have been getting fine praise for their brand of footy. Could be a cracker of a match but I can only see one outcome, away win.

However,

I can just remember in the distant past that we were underdogs against the mighty ones and sneaked a wee win in the Scottish.

Changed days for sure. That was dross on Saturday.

Nittin bull missiles thrown there was 1 can which was supposed to have hit someone, funny how there was no mention of the lady swinging her bag at an official at the blantyre game and she was sat next to ur dugout?? Oh i forgot you's won that game sour grapes from you eh

Just watch out for cans of cider flying past your head and the total disrespect showing to the away supporters by shettleston committee and fans (scum).

Pretty sure the can of cider came flying past the group of Shettleston boys heads aswell. Definitely sour gapes. Looking forward to the Talbot game, hopefully we can produce another giant killing :thumsup2

It was a couple of years ago now, but from memory I was told that the dimensions of our pitch that day were still wider than the dimensions of the pitch we'd played the first leg on the week before at Auchinleck. I don't have any figures to prove it, but I remember Tucker pacing out the pitch not long after arriving as he was surprised at us taking it in, but then accepting that there was no problem with it.

The area of grass we have for our pitch is extremely wide, and we have now brought the pitch in permanently from what it was a couple of years ago. It's wider than it was that day against Talbot, but it's a good bit narrower than it was before that day of the semi final. The reason it's been brought in is is two-fold, firstly because of drainage issues down each side which were causing games to be postponed, and secondly because the management felt a slightly tighter pitch would suit us, which of course is their prerogative.

When you look at the width of grass we have to spare either side of the touchlines it creates a false impression that our pitch is very narrow, but it's still one of the widest pitches in our league.

Ah, so you don't actually know? Not like posters on here just to make something up on a hunch?

Archived