Alloa v Falkirk

When we got it laid the pitches weren't advanced as they are now and it just so happened that it takes a dodgey bounce. Every team are offered the recs to train on the week before playing at it (at a reduced rate I think) but the only team I know that have taken this offer is hearts. They understand the pitch isn't great and took measures to get used to it, every other team decline the offer and decide just to complain after the game.

Maybe if you spent more than a fiver on your rotten pitch, nobody would complain

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloas park has had bad bounces on it since it was first laid. They use it to their advantage. I've witnessed a pass bounce and go backwards (with no backspin applied) leaving the Cowden player moving the wrong way while the Alloa player knows what is happening and takes the ball.

The pitch is shite.

But I'd rather have that than the pitch at CP just now.

Would that not be more down to the player being shite rather than the pitch?

Hardly a vintage performance but we got three points. That's four wins out of four against Alloa and none of them has been entirely convincing victories. Once again Alloa's aggressive pressing and high tempo approach made it difficult for ourselves in the early stages but their inability to either covert chances or keep running for ninety minutes ends up costing them.

I thought we were pretty awful. The way Alloa plays puts players under pressure and forces them into mistakes yet even when they weren't being pressed, too many players couldn't pick out simple passes. The goals themselves were good, Leahy with yet another superb volley against the same opposition but the rest of the time it was a little bit too clumsy from our guys.

Dismal attendance last night I thought and the first Alloa-Falkirk match I've known to have a sub-1000 crowd at it league wise. Being live on Alba with a 5:30 kick off doesn't help but dearie me you'd think more people would bother making the 12 mile trip for a relatively important league match.

Alloa, I think will end up relegated. For all their pressing and hard work there is a chronic lack of quality upfront. Between last night and our previous match at the Recs they have scored just 4 goals from 14 league games and even the goal last night wasn't the result of creative forward play but a rather excellent strike from long range. A combination of not being able to score and not being able to maintain their tempo for 90 minutes will cost them dear in the end I feel. Home advantage against Livingston, Dumbarton and the final game of the season against Cowdenbeath should count but it's hard to see who's going to get the goals they need. Time very much running out for them I'm afraid.

Unfortunately I agree with pretty much all of this.

Everybody knows that the carpet at the Recs needs replaced and the club are working on it. Some of the complaints about it are pretty ridiculous though, it's still miles better than lots of the sh*te grass parks seen in Scottish football and if it's so hard to play on then fair play to the players and teams who have managed to put together some great football on it.

Have the Falkirk players got the wee black rubber bits out of the cracks of their arses yet and from underneath their baw sacks?

When we got it laid the pitches weren't advanced as they are now and it just so happened that it takes a dodgey bounce. Every team are offered the recs to train on the week before playing at it (at a reduced rate I think) but the only team I know that have taken this offer is hearts. They understand the pitch isn't great and took measures to get used to it, every other team decline the offer and decide just to complain after the game.

We complain after we win though.

Just seen the highlights again on sky and the 2nd goal gets worse everytime you see it, Ben was tight to his man about 20 yards out Marr came across to cover but Meggatt stayed in the LB area which left the huge gap then started screaming at the linesman about offside but he's looking in Marr can't see what's behind him so Daryll needs to come across a few yards so i'd blame him slightly for it but we just didn't defend it at all well.

Archived