East North region

jimmyg

Still can't see how they can win the appeal with Scone having lost points for a similar offence (playing and illegible player) earlier this season. They had even lost the game and we're still deducted!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KILWINNING Rangers brought the curtain down on a turbulent season with a superb 2-1 win at Shotts Bon Accord on Saturday.

A triumph which under normal circumstances would have been enough to secure their Superleague survival and spark deserved celebrations among the Buffs support.

Unfortunately these weren't normal circumstances though and their victory was little more than a show of defiance after another horrible week at Abbey Park.

All their efforts over the season, the blood, sweat and toil to stay afloat in the hyper-competitive first division were undone in an instant by league chiefs on Thursday evening with one decision which immediately sent the club tumbling back down to the district league.Kilwinning were docked an incredible 19 points in one of the most severe punishments ever handed out by junior football beaks.

Their crime? To field a player in 12 league matches who had not been 'reinstated' as a junior player having had a spell playing professional.

What does reinstated mean I hear you ask? In laymans terms, player registrations are dealt with by the SFA but should someone move from a senior to a junior club he must be 'reinstated' with the SJFA for a fee of £40.

In Kilwinning's case Robbie Weir is the player in question. Formerly pro with Ayr United the midfield playmaker moved to America for a spell and signed for Kilwinning on his return to the country in September.

May I ask, what the difference is? Ineligible player should be treated the same way, regardless of who or why.

For the record I think downfield will win their appeal, could be case of authorities "bottling it" rather than being the correct outcome tho.

Still can't see how they can win the appeal with Scone having lost points for a similar offence (playing and illegible player) earlier this season. They had even lost the game and we're still deducted!

Only time will tell I guess hope to see thorton do what they need to today they had to win there 9 games to go up second anyway so if they done in the go up on merit anyway

The wind will be a leveller I think today. Lochee will have a chance were as if no wind I think the hibs would clinch it easy enough. About the post on Kilwinning it's exact same as the downfield situation.if downfield win there appeal they have basicly cheated there way to the title playing ineligible players.

The difference is Downfield have not been treated as others have by the east region. Can't say anymore than that at this point but I am confident they will win their appeal which will be the correct decision and not because anyone has bottled it.

The problem here is that East region seems to deal with each case differently, absolutely no consistency at all. Your right in saying that others haven't been punished same way as they are trying to deal with downfield, but at the same time, other clubs have been, scone for example this year.

Surely everyone agrees though, play an eligible player a deduction of 3 points isn't unfair??? Regardless of who has tipped who off is irrelevant. Downfield as a club must ake responsibility for this "error".

Some run from Thornton to secure promotion. I was one the thought their early season form had cost them and thought they had no chance of going up 3 or 4 months ago, I was wrong!!! Congrats to all involved at the club.

Tremendous achievement for thornton to win 9 on the bounce +7 clean sheets, outstanding!!! on a negative point sad to see the trophy all the players have played for all season will not be presented at the end of the season

I hope for kennoways sake downfield don't win there appeal because I remember away back when kennoway beat thornton 4.0 I heard from a professional man, THE MANAGER of kennoway star, mr eck Davidson shout over to Gibby to rub it in WHOS CHAPPING ON THE DOOR NOW GIBBY obviously meaning they were going up n thornton weren't . I was actually standing next to there dugout when he shouted it and couldn't believe my ears and thought this might bite you in the behind! And I'm afraid to say eck it has because it's use that's been promoted through default! ( if downfield lose there appeal)

Congrats to thornton great run in to win all those games to do it and to beat teams in the race aswell downfield and east craigie! Well done!!!!

Been at thornton all day deserved win in bad conditions. Gazza t n Morgan double ireland with his 27 th goal and been on the free drnk at pool all night great club great manager and il keep supporting them. Shine took of

From downfield u suppose but the boys party on. Me on the other hand I'm away to my bed Gibby will recruit a few for the prem and get ready to go again.duno if I hould be posting on this thread tho or the prem thread weeeeeyyyyyy get that into you. We are going up say we are going up

Your barking up the wrong tree bud. It was to do with last season after Thornton beat us and our dressing room door was getting pounded by cock a hoop hibs players n officials.

Eck is a good guy and has a good team. Thornton respect every team. Let the boys enjoy the night and let all the doubters hate. I still think they are best team in the league but squad depth cost them early points. Good luck with appeal also

Archived