East North region

jimmyg

Would certainly be controversial by the powers that be to reduce it!!! Don't really mind what happens with the outcome by in all seriousness there needs to be a set punishment put into place so it's not changing every time it happens.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the powers that be though ?

Are the ERSJFA 100% in control of their own punishments.

What does the SJFA actually do ?

Note to self ,I think we often ask that of Tom Jobbystone

I've yet to hear of a club taking on the Sjfa and winning an appeal . The rule is there for all to see and penalty is 3 point deduction plus fine . Can't see why it would be less than 15 pts as dates were feb 14th to march 14th and full points were won in each game . Should think it's squeaky bum time for Thornton as kennoway have points on board and one defeat would put Thornton out the running for promotion old cliche. Better with points on the board than games in hand

Would 1 defeat not just mean Thornton can only equal ksh?? They could still lose 1 game and win the league surely if they scored enough goals.

I'm not saying downfield SHOULD win appeal, I'm just saying nothing would surprise me as there never seems to be the same outcome consistently for the same offences made. I know lochore made admin mistake few years back and didn't get deducted any points, only a fine and got thrown out a cup (Thornton I believe it was got re-instated).

Would 1 defeat not just mean Thornton can only equal ksh?? They could still lose 1 game and win the league surely if they scored enough goals.

I'm not saying downfield SHOULD win appeal, I'm just saying nothing would surprise me as there never seems to be the same outcome consistently for the same offences made. I know lochore made admin mistake few years back and didn't get deducted any points, only a fine and got thrown out a cup (Thornton I believe it was got re-instated).

Goal difference would be 14 if they lost 1.0. ,so they would have to win other two games by 7 goals. . Could be done and if they were to beat either lochore Lochee or scone by 7 goals ,they deserve to go up ,there's one thing it is going to be an exciting end to the season ,

Goal difference would be 14 if they lost 1.0. ,so they would have to win other two games by 7 goals. . Could be done and if they were to beat either lochore Lochee or scone by 7 goals ,they deserve to go up ,there's one thing it is going to be an exciting end to the season ,

Certainly wouldn't expect that to happen but merely saying it CAN. Been interesting last few weeks for the teams at the top end that's for sure.

In the 3 games they have left I can't see them slipping up 2 at home.there on a great run just now but there is no easy games. Ps. 4 points enough to go up coz downfield will lose appeal ????

If Thornton and Kennoway both get promoted this will surely be remembered as the best season ever for Fife sides. Kelty winning the Super League, St Andrews and Tayport both promoted and Rosyth missing out narrowly. Can it get any better?

Would certainly be controversial by the powers that be to reduce it!!! Don't really mind what happens with the outcome by in all seriousness there needs to be a set punishment put into place so it's not changing every time it happens.

there is a set punishment just ask Edinburgh United last season and Livingston United few seasons before

there is a set punishment just ask Edinburgh United last season and Livingston United few seasons before

And I've already mentioned on this thread that this season Rosyth received a £100 fine when they unwittingly played a suspended player.

When will the SJFA have consistent guidelines for all Regions to follow?

Ironically I am sitting in a bar currently near liege in Belgium.

Drinking with the ex downfield secretary's brother. The ex sec is so meticulous it is incredible that the error was ever made .

Marc wilmotts the Belgian national manager was just currently to my right. Wonder if I should ask his opinion ?

Name dropping

Easy for you to say as it is obviously to your advantage. Cannot just pick and choose when to use punishments i'm afraid.

This is more to kennoways advantage as thornton still have the chance to get up regardless of the outcome just can't see them overturning the penalty (thats my opinion everyone will have there own)

Thornton 2 0 Lochore. Suprised to see Lochore so far down the league good team with sum experienced players. As game went on can see the older boys tire. Thorton pushed and pushed with Chris ireland getting his 26 th o the season. Gary Thompson rounded it off with a classy 2 Nd goal. Aww the best to Lochore for next season

Thornton 2 0 Lochore. Suprised to see Lochore so far down the league good team with sum experienced players. As game went on can see the older boys tire. Thorton pushed and pushed with Chris ireland getting his 26 th o the season. Gary Thompson rounded it off with a classy 2 Nd goal. Aww the best to Lochore for next season

Ha ha, hope I'm not included in the older boys category. Thought it was a decent game with Lochore shading the 1st half but Thornton better team 2nd half.

Good luck to all at Thornton for last couple of games.

Decent game. I was one who wrote thorntons chances off few months back, but certainly after the run they have went on they deserve it, can't argue with that. 1st goal was always going to be crucial today and proved to be the case, although at the time it was coming IMO. We had few boys playing out of position today due to few boys missing (been the case really since Xmas) but with another cpl of players then feel lochore will be in a lot better position next season with Dan and Cusick taking the team from start of season.

Aw the best to Thornton, can't see them throwing it away now, squeaky bum time for kennoway and downfield though if imagine.

Archived