East North region

jimmyg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No as I understand they won 3 lost 1 drew 1 of 5 games.

Stand to be corrected though.

If this is correct and rule 26a is followed then it is 13 points.

That would certainly make it a dog fight.

There still seems to be a bit of interpretation as to how this rule is applied for multiple matches. This season in the North, Scone only lost the points they had gained (3) and were not deducted any more. This may be because Brechin Vics got their protest in early enough (some talk of four or five day rule).

Applying the principles of Rule 26a above, Downfield could lose 10 points for the games played plus a further 3 per game, or total of 25 points (surely not!).

The Buchanhaven Hearts example seems to suggest the further three points is deducted only once. So if Downfield had lost all five games affected, they would have been deducted only 3 points?

Anyone shed any more light on this?

I see no interpretation.

The North decisions were ratified at headquarters twice in last few months.

Rule 26a is written in stone

Deduct the points you won plus a 3 point penalty.

Spey Valley 1 point won + 3 point penalty = 4 points.

Buchanhaven 12 points won + 3 point penalty = 15 points.

For me Downfields penalty if ratified is x points won +3 = x points.

No one has actually confirmed officially how many points were won in how many games .

I have heard 10 points were won.

The way each Region has their own rules regarding issues like the Downfield one is a joke in itself.

The North Region don't seem to do things by half but in the East Region this season Rosyth were fined £100 for playing a suspended player and not deducted any points. This decision may have ended up having a major outcome in this seasons promotion battle.

I see no interpretation.

The North decisions were ratified at headquarters twice in last few months.

Rule 26a is written in stone

Deduct the points you won plus a 3 point penalty.

Spey Valley 1 point won + 3 point penalty = 4 points.

Buchanhaven 12 points won + 3 point penalty = 15 points.

For me Downfields penalty if ratified is x points won +3 = x points.

No one has actually confirmed officially how many points were won in how many games .

I have heard 10 points were won.

I was just going with your statement on the rule in an earlier post - "...shall lose any points gained in the said match plus a further three points"

So the extra three points deduction is applied only once for one game, 5 games or 28 games, rather than in the said match?

The way each Region has their own rules regarding issues like the Downfield one is a joke in itself.

The North Region don't seem to do things by half but in the East Region this season Rosyth were fined £100 for playing a suspended player and not deducted any points. This decision may have ended up having a major outcome in this seasons promotion battle.

Brian your chairman got notified about this when it came to light and was asked if he wanted to claim the points and showed his class by declining as he knew it was a genuine mistake from Rosyth as it was the first game of the season and the boy who was suspended only signed the night before ,but if it had affected your promotion am sure we would have stepped aside and insisted you went up

Brian your chairman got notified about this when it came to light and was asked if he wanted to claim the points and showed his class by declining as he knew it was a genuine mistake from Rosyth as it was the first game of the season and the boy who was suspended only signed the night before ,but if it had affected your promotion am sure we would have stepped aside and insisted you went up

My main point being that there is no rules set by the Association/Region from the offset on what punishments are. A don't think Downfield/Buchanhaven etc intentionally played the player(s) in question just as Rosyth didn't but the punishment is different. It shouldn't matter if they were "grassed" on - if said Region are aware they should have their set guidelines to adhere to.

These errors are occurring at all levels of football and clubs such as Celtic have benefitted enormously, no matter how many times the Sporting Integrity shout is banded about.

Any idea when the decision made on the Downfield situation will be made?

Allegedly this was brought to the attention of powers that be long before Friday. Downfield been set up big time and Thornton have already been informed of the outcome. We will be out in force to spoil your party on Saturday.

So somebody from the East Region didn't register the player?

You can't beat a good conspiracy theory.

In amongst all this something puzzles me.

Normally these reinstatement errors occur when someone "last played for the senior team" about 2 clubs or 3 years ago or for 10 minutes as a sub.

Downfield publically announced early in February signing said player from Montrose Fc.

Reinstatement is surely the 1st thing you would do so you can get him playing asap.

If it was upto me I'd let downfield stay top and just a fine.because they have been the best team.i don't know who the snitch was. Heard it has been from ksh but that's just rumours.either way the team I follow still needs 10 points out 12 to go up or to win league.depending on the outcome

Of downfield.truth always comes out in the end

Can't just be a fine, maybe poor for the players but if it were just to be a fine then what's to stop the more well off clubs in the region playing players they shouldn't be and winning the league. Promotion is surely worth any fine the club would get in that case.

Harsh but points deduction is the only punishment that will stop this thing from happening.

Great shout JW. It's the clubs who run the association so if a club was to propose it getting abolished at the AGM I don't think there would be a problem getting a seconder. At the same time though, the annual fees may have to rise as this must be a nice little earner for the SJFA.

You only deserve where you shoul be over the 28 games.snitched in to go up is not how thornton roll.stil 4 tough games to go.see wat happens after that.iv watched the last few games and the boys are on a roll playing some decent stuff

Archived