East North region

jimmyg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifteen points deduction would put them on 47 points, still a chance of second place. Who do they still have to play?

Kennoway on 58 pts so if points deduction they can only achieve 56. And Thornton potentially can get 61

Fifteen points deduction would put them on 47 points, still a chance of second place. Who do they still have to play?

100% do not agree with this if true. Not the players, who have done well all season, fault if the secretary or committee have made a genuine error. To deduct a team 15 points for a genuine mistake seems very harsh.

I hope that even after this Downfield do get promoted as the players have obviously deserved it after the season they have had.

Need to put any rivalry or pettiness aside and imagine how you'd feel in that situation.

100% do not agree with this if true. Not the players, who have done well all season, fault if the secretary or committee have made a genuine error. To deduct a team 15 points for a genuine mistake seems very harsh.

I hope that even after this Downfield do get promoted as the players have obviously deserved it after the season they have had.

Need to put any rivalry or pettiness aside and imagine how you'd feel in that situation.

Yeah it would be harsh but rules are rules and they have by far been the best team. League table doesn't lie

I do actually feel for the players and management, must be horrible thing to happen after putting the effort in all season and getting the results that they obviously deserved. Also feel extremely sorry for the guy who has made the mistake, can only imagine he will be devastated by what's happened. My only point though was that after the arrogance of a select few I had a wee chuckle. Justice would be done if they still managed promotion somehow tho.

Secretary should have re-instated him at time of signing Lee so it comes down to him however when he signs they ask for the players last club on the signing form so definitely the fault of club secretary.....very harsh on the players.

Only last week they had the beer and vodka n shots out for after the game v Thornton and put on hold coz the hibs took 3 points. Now looks like they could be in the north again. That's football I suppose

Reminds me of a few seasons ago when Thornton were 4/1 to win the league late doors. Outsiders of 3 I believe.

I had (As did many others) a few hunner and I believe they won 4 and drew 1 of their last 5 to take the division.

Brings back good memories Al, the glory days if you will.

Similar thing happened with Sauchie, Evs with 5 games to go needing 10pts and won all 5 at a canter

Only last week they had the beer and vodka n shots out for after the game v Thornton and put on hold coz the hibs took 3 points. Now looks like they could be in the north again. That's football I suppose

Beer obviously talking but again, that's not the players fault.

They've went out and won games as they've been asked, it's nt right that's taken away from them because of a admin error.

Only my opinion and I know rules are rules and all that carry on.

Is this a set points deduction in the rule book or have they just plucked the number 15 out of thin air?

Edit: Done a bit of digging and found that Buchanhaven Hearts were deducted 15 points for the same thing in 2013.

Absolute sickener for the boys I know and it's a shame as they've clearly been the best side over the season. But rules are rules and a silly mistake has cost them dearly.

Is this a set points deduction in the rule book or have they just plucked the number 15 out of thin air?

Edit: Done a bit of digging and found that Buchanhaven Hearts were deducted 15 points for the same thing in 2013.

Absolute sickener for the boys I know and it's a shame as they've clearly been the best side over the season. But rules are rules and a silly mistake has cost them dearly.

Think it's every game the player played in possibble 3 points per game

Aye awryt goldilocks should eh waited till yir porridge cooled down burning tir tongue on here people slagging lochore u fail to mention that

Anybody who dares say anything about Glenrothes on here is being banned but it's Still Game for half pint of grumpy Jack and Victor to mock Downfield and East Craigie.

Pity the admin staff on here don't know the exact same thing happened on the Fife Football Forum before everyone stopped posting.

A 15 point deduction and a hell of a lot of supporters losing a small fortune on the spiders winning the league.. Hope your happy kennoway star hearts shopping b#stards!!! Allegedly !!!!

Should have signed the player properly simple

Took your advice and after a good nights sleep in a bed that was just right I am now sitting in a cosy chair with some of my own for you.

Stop second guessing who is who on here because I know for a FACT gteam118 had no connection with any of the usernames you mentioned and all you are doing is embarassing Auld Tam and the rest of the good people of Lochore Welfare. 118 is connected to Thornton Hibs FACT and like myself and many others is sick and tired of the finger being pointed at people connected to his club all because Winston and the rest of the gang have an obsession with this groundhopper guy. Let them sort out their own mess.

think you should read back a few posts n see who said who gteam118 was idiot i just simply agreed never accused so bite yir tongue before you start shoutin off on this

Think it's poor for anyone to start name calling ksh over the downfield situation!! It's certainly not their fault what's happened, and IF it was them that "shopped" downfield then so be it, they certainly haven't done anything wrong. Sour grapes springs to mind!!!!!

Archived